The Education Forum

Tink Thompson's Untrue Fact

Mr. Colby

Thank you for the instructions. Here is z313 with the debris circled for you.

z313 circled ejecta.jpg

To be honest I think they are not distinct enough to tell what they are it could just be discoloration of the grass. I doubt the skull fragments would have followed such a trajectory. But let's say you're right, what would it prove?

Edited by Len Colby

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Colby

You are quite the comedian, sir. A discoloration of the grass? That only appears in one frame? Isn't it quaint how those four "discolorations" all line themselves up in a straight row?

To any normal person, those four pieces are matter being blown upward by the force that blew all the other matter from JFK's skull. The problem with them is that Zapruder's camera was incapable of capturing high speed action. For example, if the limo was travelling at 12 mph, it would be moving at 17.6 feet per second. Zapruder was tracking the limo with his camera. This did two things; it showed the limo with sharp clarity but gave a distinct blurring to the bystanders. If tracking a limo at 17.6 feet per second gave this much blurring and the pieces above JFK's head were moving at, as you pointed out, 150-700 feet per second, wouldn't those four pieces be, at best, just a blurred line?

You obviously seem to think I'm the kind person who would obsessively comb over every pixel of every frame of the Z-film and then compared one to the other for minute differences, but “no,no, no it ain't me babe”. Have you bothered to check other versions of the frame? Has anyone else made this 'observation' or just you? Can you point to evidence skull fragments were found in a location consistent with your 'theory'? And you still have to answer my question, “But let's say you're right, what would it prove?” And let's not try and play photo expert, you obviously know little about the subject.

Mr. Colby

One does not have to be a photographic expert to be able to see the obvious. Mr. Zapruder's camera was, due to its relatively slow shutter speed, unable to capture high speed objects other than as a blur. Evidence of this is in the film itself. Anything that was not moving at the same speed as the limousine he was tracking has a distinct blur to it.

Also, in many instances, Mr. Zapruder would jiggle or waver with the camera. This had the marked effect of exaggerating his tracking speed and blurring objects even further. An example of this can be seen in z313 itself.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/Traveller111/z313secondartifact_zps7a4f15cb.jpg

Just above the windshield of the limo, I have circled a white object. Though never truly identified, it is believed this object is a wrapper from a roll of film dropped by either James Altgens or someone near him, further down the street. It is clearly quite blurred although, strangely, other background items are not blurred anywhere near as much. It is blurred in z314 but, by z315, it is captured in a much less effected size.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/Traveller111/z315secondartifact_zps4780ecc1.jpg

The contradiction is quite obvious. An article lying in the grass cannot be moving faster than parts of JFK's head ejected from the fatal wound. Evidence of this is the fact the ejecta is not visible in the next frame, z314, while the article lying in the grass is visible not only in z314 but, right up to z334 where it disappears behind a motorcycle cop.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Mr. Colby

Thank you for the instructions. Here is z313 with the debris circled for you.

z313 circled ejecta.jpg

To be honest I think they are not distinct enough to tell what they are it could just be discoloration of the grass. I doubt the skull fragments would have followed such a trajectory. But let's say you're right, what would it prove?

Len, the circled parts from Robert in frame 313 is really debris from JFK's head.

So what's your 'theory" someone captured the fragment with a high-speed camera and for reasons unknown this was added to the Z-film?

Mr. Colby

Your guess is as good as mine. How those objects came to be in z313 is not the concern here.

The question really is, how can objects likely moving in excess of 90 ft/second (60 mph) appear in the Zapruder film as anything but a blurred streak, given that Zapruder's camera was not capable of capturing moving objects, at almost any speed, without obvious blurring?

So what's your 'theory" someone captured the fragment with a high-speed camera and for reasons unknown this was added to the Z-film?

Mr. Colby

Your guess is as good as mine. How those objects came to be in z313 is not the concern here.

The question really is, how can objects likely moving in excess of 90 ft/second (60 mph) appear in the Zapruder film as anything but a blurred streak, given that Zapruder's camera was not capable of capturing moving objects, at almost any speed, without obvious blurring?

Well the fragments could have been moving slower than you imagine, and since there is no detail in them there is no way to tell if they are blurred or not.

Mr. Colby

Well the fragments could have been moving slower than you imagine, and since there is no detail in them there is no way to tell if they are blurred or not.

Mr. Colby

I do not think that is the case here. The fragments disappear in one frame (or two, if one sees that object in z314 as a fragment). In contrast to this, Jean Hill first appears at z288 and disappears from view at z310; a total of twenty-two frames. Zapruder was tracking the limo at its reported speed of 12 mph (17.6 ft/second). In order to disappear from view in one or two frames, those particles would have to be, as my son is fond of saying, "booking it".

The fragments are definitely not blurred and there are things in z313 that are most definitely blurred, while others that should be are not. Look again at z313. I have circled an object lying on the grass that is so blurred, it is nothing but a white streak, while two frames later, in z315, it goes back to being a small white dot. Ostensibly, the blurring is a result of Zapruder accidentally moving his camera a bit too far while tracking. However, it is doubtful that his camera movement could have equated to a motion in that article that even approached the velocity of those ascending fragments.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/Traveller111/z313secondartifact_zps7a4f15cb.jpg

If that object in the grass was captured as just a white blur, why were the fragments, moving much quicker, not captured as a similar white streak?

• 3 months later...

Quote Graves:

nor did they try to find and question the (IMHO) equally suspicious, radio-packin' Dark Complected Man...

A speculation:

Was it a radio, or was it a hidden flechette device? DCM was in the best position to fire a flechette against Kennedys neck. He was IN the street nearly in front of him...the second, Kennedy was hit in the neck DCMs right Hand was on his belt buckle...a belt buckle flechette device?...a flechette shot from a belt buckle?...why not...Umbrella Man could have been just a agent of distraction...

KK

Quote Graves:

nor did they try to find and question the (IMHO) equally suspicious, radio-packin' Dark Complected Man...

A speculation:

Was it a radio, or was it a hidden flechette device? DCM was in the best position to fire a flechette against Kennedys neck. He was IN the street nearly in front of him...the second, Kennedy was hit in the neck DCMs right Hand was on his belt buckle...a belt buckle flechette device?...a flechette shot from a belt buckle?...why not...Umbrella Man could have been just a agent of distraction...

KK

Seems to be a walkie talkie in this frame, Karlwalkietalkieman2_zpsdced61a4.jpg[/url]

Edited by Ray Mitcham