The Education Forum

LHO poll

Guest Robert Morrow

My guess is because Oswald was US intelligence and was seen with David Atlee Phillips, and was working out of former FBI Guy Bannister's office in New Orleans, and was most likely an FBI informer, because of all of that Oswald was likely part of the plot to assassinate John Kennedy, although he shot no one on 11/22/63 - not JFK not Tippit. Guy Bannister was an ultra-rightist, a confirmed Kennedy hater, someone with the politics of a 1960's Jesse Helms or Strom Thurmond.

David Atlee Phillips also had an outrageous hatred of JFK and it was an issue within his own family, who he confessed to being "in Dallas" on the day of the JFK assassination.

Oswald was associating with & working for the wrong people: CIA and FBI people who hated JFK's guts.

I think Oswald was the "fall guy" for the entire operation not just an innocent patsy.

Oswald, while not on the 6th floor TSBD, may have been serving as a "look out" to keep people off the 6th floor during the arrival of the motorcade.

It is possible Oswald was an purely innocent patsy, but I don't think so.

Edited by Robert Morrow

According to everyone who knew him, Oswald liked and admired JFK and always spoke favorable of him, except for his Cuban policies.

Oswald also spoke favorably of John Connally, even though some (James Reston, Jr.) tried to imply he had a grudge against Connally because he was Navy Sec when Oswald got his undesirable discharge.

Those who interrogated Oswald said that he seemed to harbor no animosity towards the President or Connally, and when told the President was dead, said that it didn't matter that somebody else would be president, life would go on and people would forget about it soon.

I wouldnt call myself a researcher, Stephen, but I suspect that Oswald not only had good intentions towards the President, he was also trying to save both Kennedys life and his own by attempting to prevent the assassination; a plan that I suspect had included Richard Nagell until he took himself out the picture.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

It is possible Oswald was a purely innocent patsy, but I don't think so.

I am a believer in Lee Oswald's complete innocence, and have yet to see convincing evidence

that he had anything to do with any crime.

There are much better suspects out there.

and when told the President was dead, said that it didn't matter that somebody else would be president, life would go on and people would forget about it soon.

Bullcrap, Bill. Lee Oswald never said that.

See Inspector Kelley's report of the last interrogation.

and when told the President was dead, said that it didn't matter that somebody else would be president, life would go on and people would forget about it soon.

Bullcrap, Bill. Lee Oswald never said that.

See Inspector Kelley's report of the last interrogation.

Let's not be so coarse, Raymond. IF Oswald said such a thing, it was in the context of explaining why he thought killing Kennedy would be pointless. As such, I have no problem believing he would say such a thing.

Now, that said, my recollection is not that he said it didn't matter who was President, but that he thought Johnson would be worse than Kennedy. Is that what you're getting at?

Now, that said, my recollection is not that he said it didn't matter who was President, but that he thought Johnson would be worse than Kennedy. Is that what you're getting at?

Kelley's report of the final interview is pretty clear. Lee Oswald, like everyone else, was well aware that LBJ would become president if JFK died. What he said was that US policy towards Cuba would not change with LBJ's ascendance.

The idea that Lee Oswald had anything to do with the assassination looks more and more ridiculous

as time goes by.

What he said was that US policy towards Cuba would not change with LBJ's ascendance.

Of course we know from Marina and Lee that Lee was optimistic that U.S. policy

WOULD change, with JFK as president.

Lee did say that some critics blamed Kennedy for “losing” Cuba.

He added, however, that Kennedy would like to pursue a better,

more gentle policy towards Cuba but was not free to do as he

wished. A president, he explained, had to reckon with the opinion of others.”

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

For purposes of a quick and simple statistical view, how many researchers believe LHO had good intentions toward the President?

Steven raises a very good question. I believe Vincent Bugliosi wrote in one of his books that

"Every crime has a motive."

And Yeats was succinct when he wrote:

"Look always on the motive, not the deed.

The shadow of shadows upon the deed itself."

I have been a member here since 2005, and as far as I can see

I am the only member openly advocating the complete exoneration

of Lee Oswald. But I hope I am wrong on this.

Perhaps "means to an end" is sufficient to make it unimportant to consider exactly what the feelings the assassin/s were/are afa JFK goes. There are scenarios where for Oswald his feelings about something greater overrides feelings of benevolence re the victim. I have no idea what Oswald felt about Kennedy. I don't think that his feelings, ''good'' or ''bad'', says anything about his participation or not in a conspiracy. I think there was a conspiracy to kill JFK and a conspiracy to cover that up. It would not surprise me if Oswald participated. It would not surprise me if Oswald had neutral or benign feelings towards JFK.

I don't think that his feelings, ''good'' or ''bad'', says anything about his participation or not in a conspiracy. I think there was a conspiracy to kill JFK and a conspiracy to cover that up. It would not surprise me if Oswald participated. It would not surprise me if Oswald had neutral or benign feelings towards JFK.

What a bunch of total GOBBLEDEGOOK

The feelings of the man mean nearly everything. Show me how the man feels and we can solve his intentions.

As far as I can see, there is not a shred of evidence

that Lee Oswald harbored bad intentions towards JKF

So it seems time to move on

and find the real killers.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

I concur with Mr. Carroll on this topic. All reported Oswald comments on JFK were either positive, or neutral.