The Education Forum

JFK Case Exhibit One - Bullet Shells

William Kelly

Mr. BALL - You think that the cartridges are in the same position as when you saw them in this picture 510?

Mr. MOONEY - As far as my knowledge, they are; pretty close to right.

who schooled Mooney re testifying, Bugliosi? "...pretty close to right."?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the FBI traced the bullet shells to the case they were originally in, there is a document that indicates that the case was part of a shipment sold to the United States Marine Corps in 1954 - even though the USMC did not have an official weapon that could use these bullets. Can anyone post that document?

I'd also like to see the dent in the lip of one of the shells and review what Tink Thompson had to say about that dent.

Thanks,

BK

When the FBI traced the bullet shells to the case they were originally in, there is a document that indicates that the case was part of a shipment sold to the United States Marine Corps in 1954 - even though the USMC did not have an official weapon that could use these bullets. Can anyone post that document?

I'd also like to see the dent in the lip of one of the shells and review what Tink Thompson had to say about that dent.

Thanks,

BK

I don't recall there being a 6.5mm Carcano cartridge case or carton found in Oswald's possessions.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Robert and Bill, nobody ever found a case, box or anything related to ammo in Oswald's possessions. I'm pretty sure the ammo was traced to a mfg run by the headstamp on the hull. Gary Murr has taken

that line of research far beyond anyone else and someday hopefully he will publish his voluminous work on it. For the moment, I think there may be a thread here with some of his comments on it

but I have no idea what it was called...

There hasn't been anything published to show where the bullets came from. There were no boxes of ammo in Oswald's room,workplace, or the magical world of Ruth Paine. (Surprise there?).

Bullets come in boxes. You don't buy them 3 at a time, even if you are a brilliant assassin with no accomplices.

That begs the question of whether Oswald bought a box of shells at some point, or found 3 magic bullets, or was the victim of a bullet plant.

And Oswald couldn't possibly have thrown out the empty box of ammo at some point in time before 11/22/63, could he?

And I'll bet you still haven't figured out what I was talking about in the Walker shooting, Dave.

For a smart guy, you miss a lot of things. :)

P.S. It's bullet related and don't feel bad if you haven't figured it out yet. Most JFK researchers missed it, too.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Who has ever claimed selling him a box of ammo?

Nobody that I know of. But so what? Does that have to mean Oswald couldn't have obtained the ammo? Obviously not.

And who purchases a rifle and a revolver and then never buys any bullets to go into those weapons?

Edited by David Von Pein

Who has ever claimed selling him a box of ammo?

Nobody that I know of. But so what? Does that have to mean Oswald couldn't have obtained the ammo? Obviously not.

And who purchases a rifle and a revolver and then never buys any bullets to go into those weapons?

I know something you don't know. :)

I know something you don't know.

Let me guess -- you've got Mac Wallace's 7.65 Mauser hidden under your bed?

Why haven't you come forward with this bombshell earlier?! A book deal with Skyhorse Conspiracy Publishing awaits!!

Edited by David Von Pein

I know something you don't know.

Let me guess -- you've got Mac Wallace's 7.65 Mauser hidden under your bed?

Why haven't you come forward with this bombshell earlier?! A book deal with Skyhorse Conspiracy Publishing awaits!!

Nope, simpler than that. And if I give it to you, I'll be committing the unthinkable sin of conceding a point to the LN side. As much as it pains me to do that, I believe in the truth, regardless of the consequences.

Still like to know?

Robert and Bill, nobody ever found a case, box or anything related to ammo in Oswald's possessions. I'm pretty sure the ammo was traced to a mfg run by the headstamp on the hull. Gary Murr has taken

that line of research far beyond anyone else and someday hopefully he will publish his voluminous work on it. For the moment, I think there may be a thread here with some of his comments on it

but I have no idea what it was called...

Hope to see Gary Murr's work soon.

I know they never found any empty boxes of ammo anywhere, and three shells were found on the floor of the sixth floor sniper's nest and one unfired bullet was found in the chamber/clip.

So the question is, where did they come from, and where is the rest of the cardboard box of 18-20 bullets?

And I know when the FBI - I think it is an FBI WC document that traced the serial numbers of the bullet shells and traced their source to a batch sold to USMC.

I will come up with this document soon.

In any case, I wanted to start a thread on each of the pieces of hard evidence - shells, boxes, paper bag and rifle but wanted to see what is known about the shells before taking on the other items.

BK