The Education Forum

Criticism of Secret Service

As the anniversary approaches, we can not forget the inactions of the Secret Service, specifically Roy Kellerman who had a perfect opportunity to save the president from the fatal shot. He was not a potted plant or a spectator, or day labor working for a limousine company. He was a United States Secret Service Agent on duty at the moment Kennedy was killed.

He was a sworn federal employee with a duty to act in a situation like this.

Criticism of Secret Service ( from Wikipedia )

Sgt. Davis, of the Dallas Police Department, believed he had prepared stringent security precautions, in an attempt to prevent demonstrations like those marking the Adlai Stevenson visit from happening again. The previous month, Stevenson, the United States Ambassador to the United Nations, was assaulted by an anti-UN demonstrator. But Winston Lawson of the Secret Service, who was in charge of the planning, told the Dallas Police not to assign its usual squad of experienced homicide detectives to follow immediately behind the President's car. This police protection was routine for both visiting presidents and for motorcades of other visiting dignitaries. Police Chief Jesse Curry later testified that had his men been in place, they might have been able to stop the assassin before he fired a second shot, because they carried submachine guns and rifles.

An investigation by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) in 1979 concluded that "the Secret Service was deficient in the performance of its duties. The HSCA stated:

The HSCA specifically noted:

That President Kennedy had not received adequate protection in Dallas.

That the Secret Service possessed information that was not properly analyzed, investigated, or used by the Secret Service in connection with the President's trip to Dallas.

That the Secret Service agents in the motorcade were inadequately prepared to protect the President from a sniper.

No actions were taken by the agent in the right front seat of the Presidential limousine Roy Kellerman to cover the President with his body, although it would have been consistent with Secret Service procedure for him to have done so. The primary function of the agent was to remain at all times in close proximity to the President in the event of such emergencies.

Close proximity does not mean looking back at an injured POTUS. Close proximity meant leaping back to help the president as he was trained to do.

Edited by Peter McGuire

16 years for the govt. to decide the S. S. was deficient in the performance of their duties? Come on fellas, everybody knew that the day JFK was killed.

S. S. Lawson was in a position to tell the DPD not to perform usual security functions.? Really?

Personally, I believe Life bought the Zapruder film and squirreled it away because if the people had seen that film, at that time, showing how they had done nothing at all to save JFK, there would have been rioting all across the country.

Even now, it is hard to watch the agents sit and stand by doing nothing while JFK get's his damn head blown off and not think they purposely allowed him to get whacked.

They should have all been given lie detector tests, truth serum, water boarding...you name it, in order to find out why they refused to do the job they were paid to do, which was to place their bodies in the way of bullets, to save the President from harm.

It would take very powerful persuasion to stop them, in my opinion, from doing their jobs. Threats? Hell... who knows?

My book "Survivor's Guilt: The Secret Service and the Failure to Protect the President" goes into major detail on those questions and so much more.

http://www.amazon.com/Survivors-Guilt-Service-Failure-President/dp/1937584607/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373914997&sr=8-1&keywords=vince+Palamara

post-5718-0-10207400-1366660908_thumb.jpg

there should be a rule on here about schilling your wares.

the pdf version is available for free for anyone who wants to look for it.

or buy my book instead:

"What everyone already knows, now in more detail!"

-in depth interviews with the stop sign that was there that day

-the fire hydrant on the grassy knoll

-Jackies bloodied kleenex talks

and so much more.

if you order now, you can get the audio book of all the people rolling in thier graves at the money being made off of this tragic event...

buy the shirt

buy the magic bullet ice cube tray

come see my slideshow in Dallas!

everyone knows about your book Vince give it a rest

Edited by Blair Dobson

This quote from Greers Son always made me think.

His son, Richard Greer, was interviewed in 1991 and added to the conspiracy theory. When asked, "What did your father think of JFK?" Richard responded: "Well, we're Methodists... and JFK was Catholic...”

Source:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Did-Irish-born-William-Greer-cause-JFKs-death-107915254.html

Unless you understand Ireland,I do to a degree,my brother served in Northern Ireland at the height of the troubles.Another brother married a irish girl.

Catholics were seen as a lower caste in Northern Ireland at the time Greer was born,in fact a lot of the troubles were about the Protestants getting the best jobs,the B Specials,not much better than a Paramilitary Force,having the right to go into Catholics Homes,beating up Catholics etc.BTW I am not a Catholic,I was Christened a Methodist like Greer.

But I think Greer would have wondered how come,he a none Catholic was the Chauffer and JFK a Catholic,the boss.If this had any influence on events that day in 1963 I do not know.But that quote makes me wonder.

Edited by Malcolm Ward

Makes me wonder too but from a slightly different perspective, JFK Catholic, LHO Communist(publicly, but I think his sympathies lay with the minutmen leaving him open for use as patsy) JLR Jew. All THE enemies of the KKK, which btw was riddled with methodists. Not saying all methodists are in any way supremacists, but it's interesting that a lot were,that's all. Intersting too that they were all lapsed in some way (JFK LHO JLR) plus the very leaders of the KKK who were severely lapsed and really only nominally anything but diots.

Makes me wonder too but from a slightly different perspective, JFK Catholic, LHO Communist(publicly, but I think his sympathies lay with the minutmen leaving him open for use as patsy) JLR Jew. All THE enemies of the KKK, which btw was riddled with methodists. Not saying all methodists are in any way supremacists, but it's interesting that a lot were,that's all. Intersting too that they were all lapsed in some way (JFK LHO JLR) plus the very leaders of the KKK who were severely lapsed and really only nominally anything but diots.

The KKK evolved into the Southern Baptist Convention.

My book "Survivor's Guilt: The Secret Service and the Failure to Protect the President" goes into major detail on those questions and so much more.

http://www.amazon.com/Survivors-Guilt-Service-Failure-President/dp/1937584607/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373914997&sr=8-1&keywords=vince+Palamara

Vince will be on MSNBC this Sunday 11/24/13 at 2 pm EST on The Craig Melvin Show with Abraham Bolden.

Congratulations on this, Vince. I’ll be watching.

Vince Palamara's book is the THE essential look at the woeful performance of JFK's Secret Service detail. He has every right to promote it here, despite Blair Dobson's tasteless comments to the contrary.

"Even now, it is hard to watch the agents sit and stand by doing nothing while JFK get's his damn head blown off and not think they purposely allowed him to get whacked.

They should have all been given lie detector tests, truth serum, water boarding...you name it, in order to find out why they refused to do the job they were paid to do, which was to place their bodies in the way of bullets, to save the President from harm.

It would take very powerful persuasion to stop them, in my opinion, from doing their jobs. Threats? Hell... who knows?"

Particularly good points Chuck!

• 7 months later...

Vince:

Your work is valuable and courageous. Most folks don't give a darn, or are clueless about the realities of the real world. You have single-handedly opened up an important door to what went down in 1963... one of several key areas where things do not add up or make sense. Many will forever refuse to believe that an institution like the Secret Service could be compromised or complicit in such a heinous crime. Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't let the XXX's get you down. Kudos to you and your continued persistence.

Gene