The Education Forum

Where is this?

James, do you believe that Holt was the man with the sunglasses on the far right of the New Orleans picture with Oswald before the Trade Mart? (Wim)

No I don't. I believe the man photographed was a Brigade 2506 member and connected to Alpha 66 with tentacles into the DRE. I do not know his name which is why I have not said too much regarding him. When I get his name, I will present what I have and his connections to the events in New Orleans. (James Richards)

[...]

Does anyone know if James ever got around to ID-ing this guy? Personally, I think it is Chauncey Holt, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

--Thomas

post-3525-083390800 1298471421_thumb.jpg Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Wim Dankbaar:)

James, do you believe that Holt was the man with the sunglasses on the far right of the New Orleans picture with Oswald before the Trade Mart?

(James Richards:)

No I don't. I believe the man photographed was a Brigade 2506 member and connected to Alpha 66 with tentacles into the DRE. I do not know his name which is why I have not said too much regarding him. When I get his name, I will present what I have and his connections to the events in New Orleans. [...]

[Does anyone know if James ever got around to ID-ing the short guy standing on the far right? Personally, I think it is Chauncey Holt, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

--Thomas

post-3525-083390800 1298471421_thumb.jpg

bump

P.S. Did "Bud" Belcher, ("son of Frank Belcher of the Belcher Aircraft family"), have connections to Collins Radio?

--Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

I realize the following is a difficult question, but does anyone know where in Dealey Plaza the following is?

James

James, I can't see a photo or a link here. I don't know why. This has happened before.

Kathy C

Kathy;i am sure you are forgetting, that members delete posted photos, over time, the forum has only so much, what i will call storage space, and they need to be deleted so as they can post more, also members can only post so many, before their own posted photo space is used up, this has been discussed many times on the forum, and then the forum can continue, see posted topic at the top of the main page, re attachments...plus this is a very old thread......b

here's the link top of main page...Important - Attachments & Disk Space http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showannouncement=2&f=126

Edited by Bernice Moore

James, do you believe that Holt was the man with the sunglasses on the far right of the New Orleans picture with Oswald before the Trade Mart?

No I don't. I believe the man photographed was a Brigade 2506 member and connected to Alpha 66 with tentacles into the DRE. I do not know his name which is why I have not said too much regarding him. When I get his name, I will present what I have and his connections to the events in New Orleans.[...]

Does anyone know if James ever got around to ID-ing the short guy standing on the far right? Personally, I think it is Chauncey Holt, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

--Thomas

post-3525-083390800 1298471421_thumb.jpgphoto of LHO leafleting with Bud Belcher and Leroy Young labeled on the photo, Chauncey Holt(?) on the right[/color].JPG]

bump

P.S. Did "Bud" Belcher (in the photo of LHO handing out flyers in front of the N.O. International Trade Mart) have connections to Collins Radio? Wim Dankbaar says he was "the son of Frank Belcher of the Belcher Aircraft family". I'm sure "Bud" was a nickname and his real name was Frank Baker Belcher, Jr., born 6/08/22 in North Hollywood, California, died 9/16/87. His father, Frank Baker Belcher Sr, was a very wealthy and influential attorney in Los Angeles. Frank Sr. was president of the Los Angeles County Bar Association in 1938 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Om_G6XLDA5AJ:www.lacba.org/showpage.cfm%3Fpageid%3D5918+%22+frank+b+belcher%22+%22los+angeles%22+attorney&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1 and wife's maiden name was Ruth Betsy Reynolds from Illinois.

Our "Bud", Frank Baker Belcher Jr, is mentioned in this 2001-2002 obituary:

Richard Belcher

• Oakhurst merchant

OAKHURST — Richard Bradley Belcher, owner of Oakhurst Office Supply, died on March 2. He was 48.

Services will be held Friday [March 8], starting at 10 a.n. at Sierra Pines Church.

Burial will follow at Oakhill Cemetery.

Mr. Belcher was born in North Hollywood on August 11, 1953. He had resided in Oakhurst for 10 years.

He served in the U.S. Navy for four years.

Mr. Belcher enjoyed music. He was also active in the Tuesday Morning Prayer Breakfast.

Mr. Belcher was the father of Danielle, Christian and Landon, all of Fullerton.

He was the son of Loretta Belcher-Baker of Newport Beach and the late Frank Baker Belcher Jr.

Also surviving are his sister, Karen Belcher Capuano, Tujunga; and Frank E. Belcher-Baker, Newport Beach.

bump

Edited by Thomas Graves

No I don't. I believe the man photographed was a Brigade 2506 member and connected to Alpha 66 with tentacles into the DRE. I do not know his name which is why I have not said too much regarding him. When I get his name, I will present what I have and his connections to the events in New Orleans.[...]

Does anyone know if James ever got around to ID-ing the short guy standing on the far right? Personally, I think it is Chauncey Holt, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

--Thomas

post-3525-083390800 1298471421_thumb.jpgphoto of LHO leafleting with Bud Belcher and Leroy Young labeled on the photo, Chauncey Holt(?) on the right[/color].JPG]

bump

P.S. Did "Bud" Belcher (in the photo of LHO handing out flyers in front of the N.O. International Trade Mart) have connections to Collins Radio? Wim Dankbaar says he was "the son of Frank Belcher of the Belcher Aircraft family". I'm sure "Bud" was a nickname and his real name was Frank Baker Belcher, Jr., born 6/08/22 in North Hollywood, California, died 9/16/87. His father, Frank Baker Belcher Sr, was a very wealthy and influential attorney in Los Angeles. Frank Sr. was president of the Los Angeles County Bar Association in 1938 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Om_G6XLDA5AJ:www.lacba.org/showpage.cfm%3Fpageid%3D5918+%22+frank+b+belcher%22+%22los+angeles%22+attorney&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1 and wife's maiden name was Ruth Betsy Reynolds from Illinois.

Richard Belcher

• Oakhurst merchant

OAKHURST — Richard Bradley Belcher, owner of Oakhurst Office Supply, died on March 2. He was 48.

Services will be held Friday [March 8], starting at 10 a.n. at Sierra Pines Church.

Mr. Belcher was born in North Hollywood on August 11, 1953. He had resided in Oakhurst for 10 years.

Mr. Belcher enjoyed music. He was also active in the Tuesday Morning Prayer Breakfast.

He was the son of Loretta Belcher-Baker of Newport Beach and the late Frank Baker Belcher Jr.

Also surviving are his sister, Karen Belcher Capuano, Tujunga; and Frank E. Belcher-Baker, Newport Beach.

bump

just wondering...

--Thomas

bump

P.S. Did "Bud" Belcher (in the photo of LHO handing out flyers in front of the N.O. International Trade Mart) have connections to Collins Radio? Wim Dankbaar says he was "the son of Frank Belcher of the Belcher Aircraft family". I'm sure "Bud" was a nickname and his real name was Frank Baker Belcher, Jr., born 6/08/22 in North Hollywood, California, died 9/16/87. His father, Frank Baker Belcher Sr, was a very wealthy and influential attorney in Los Angeles. Frank Sr. was president of the Los Angeles County Bar Association in 1938 http://webcache.goog...n&gl=us&strip=1 and wife's maiden name was Ruth Betsy Reynolds from Illinois.

Richard Belcher

• Oakhurst merchant

bump

just wondering...

Tommy, I don't know if you are directing this at me or not, but I just don't know.

When I interviewed Holt in '93 he said he thought there was a connection between the Belchers of California, Dallas and Miami, but I couldn't find any.

As Robert Howard has already noted, it does not appear that the Mae Belcher of Belcher Oil of Dallas is connected to the Belcher Oil company folks of Florida.

It seems that the Belcher of Dallas was owner of gas station while Belchers of Fla sold fuel to ships.

It would make sense if there was a connection, but I haven't seen it, yet.

BK

JFKcountercoup

• 2 years later...

James, do you believe that [Chauncey] Holt was the man with the sunglasses on the far right of the New Orleans picture with Oswald before the [international] Trade Mart? (Wim)

No I don't. I believe the man photographed was a Brigade 2506 member and connected to Alpha 66 with tentacles into the DRE. I do not know his name which is why I have not said too much regarding him. When I get his name, I will present what I have and his connections to the events in New Orleans. (James Richards)

[...]

Does anyone know if James ever got around to ID-ing this guy? Personally, I think it is Chauncey Holt, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

--Thomas

attachicon.gifphoto of LHO leafleting with Bud Belcher and Leroy Young labeled on the photo, Chauncey Holt on the right.JPG

Bumped yet again, 4.5 years later.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I'd love to see James Richards return and spend as much time here as he used to.

I learned a lot from his posts.