The Education Forum

Altgens Photo

Robin, thanks for sharing.

How many "Oswalds" do you suppose they had hanging around the TSBD and Dealey Plaza in case they were needed? In round figures? I ask because this could be useful information for others here who have an interest in "other" Oswalds.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Mr. Parker. Honestly, I have no idea exactly how many. There were an aweful lot of reported Oswald sightings in the days and weeks leading up to the . Even assassination. Even on the morning of the assassination, and shortly after before the arrest. There had to be at least one, but there could have been two or three of them.

Professor Jim Fetzer has a passion for this idea that Mr. Altgens camera was confiscated. He is die hard behind the idea that they put Billy Lovelady's head on Oswalds body...super-imposed it, that is.. I don't see how they could have done this in the time they would had.

Mr. Altgens sent that photo off to Newspapers and magazines via a photofax machine. They had it within a half an hour after it was taken. So I can't see where they could have altered the photograph.

Thank you, Mr. Parker. Honestly, I have no idea exactly how many. There were an aweful lot of reported Oswald sightings in the days and weeks leading up to the . Even assassination. Even on the morning of the assassination, and shortly after before the arrest. There had to be at least one, but there could have been two or three of them.

Interesting observations Robin. I'll be interested to see how Mr Parker addresses them.

Two or three? I think you're being conservative, Robin. But then, it is probably best to err on the side of caution.

Professor Jim Fetzer has a passion for this idea that Mr. Altgens camera was confiscated. He is die hard behind the idea that they put Billy Lovelady's head on Oswalds body...super-imposed it, that is.. I don't see how they could have done this in the time they would had.

Mr. Altgens sent that photo off to Newspapers and magazines via a photofax machine. They had it within a half an hour after it was taken. So I can't see where they could have altered the photograph.

You are quite right Robin, There was not enough time to fake up the film.

The problem for Prof. Fetzer is one that dogs most in academia. He has his head buried in books and figures and formulas all day and forgets how to just set down a spell, relax, empty the mind and see what enters those hallowed halls between the ears.

I tried it with the Altgens conundrum to see what I could come up with.. now bear with me here,,,, the answer is... LATEX!

It was Lovelady on the steps wearing a latex mask - taken - not from the real LHO - well, how could they (until he died!)? but from one of the Oswald doubles!

Edited by Greg Parker

Credit Gerda Dunckel

Hughes GIF looped

showing Lovelady moving out from the shadow and shielding his eyes from the sun, as the limo approaches the doorway entrance.

HUghes%2Bgif%2Bshows%2BLovelady%2Bmoveme

Not surprised he needed to stay in the shade and had to use his hands to shield the sun... must have been getting pretty warm under the latex.