The Education Forum

New Book!

That's a very broad, almost meaningless, stroke, Ernie. It applies to every single news print article ever written, every polemic, biography, monologue. Biased in favour of ones own view and in turn ones own view becomes just that.

Hard to understand your point John. Definition of terms is always required in order to understand the scope and meaning of whatever is being presented. For example: two people can have a casual acquaintance where they exchange several letters of no particular significance OR they can be regular correspondents who share very private thoughts and sentiments which are not generally known.

Obviously, one has to make such distinctions when writing historical non-fiction. Otherwise all data is proposed to be equally important and of equal value or significance when that is not true.

In terms of Caufield's book -- he has a habit of stating or implying that people are connected to each other but the exact nature of their "connection" is open to dispute or different interpretations --- just like my example of myself and Paul Trejo. If your only metric is the number of times Paul and I exchange messages (both private and public) -- then you might conclude that Paul and I are "close to" one another when that is absurd. I know virtually nothing about Paul other than what he has shared in this forum. But I know nothing about his personal background nor do I have the remotest clue what he believes apart from his position on JFK-assassination-related subjects. There is nothing "overly broad or almost meaningless" about making that observation.

Keep in mind that Caufield is attempting to prove a criminal conspiracy. High-quality verifiable factual evidence is required to make such a case. Not surmises, not conjecture, not assumptions, not innuendos, not coincidences, not half-truths, not exaggerations, not hearsay.

I'll have more to say about this at a later date....although, in some respects, I have covered this subject matter in my online article about the nature and purpose of all conspiracy theories.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think things are getting a little twisted around. Caulfield’s theory is not that Walker knew Oswald personally or had a direct relationship with him. Rather, that Oswald’s involvement in the shooting attempt may have been the result, of his getting involved with others who did have relationship with “Ted”

The reference by Caufield to Oswald and Walker “possibly working together”, was in regards to the Police ignoring the odd fact that Oswald had Walkers name and phone number in his address (note)book (p392).

Not only did the DPD,FBI and the WC fail to consider that possibility, every subsequent investigation did as well, as far as I know....

Caufield is not saying they did know each other, but why was this possible clue ignored ?

Bill

Right, Bill, I think I clarified that point with Larry Hancock. It was the Banister-Courtney connection with LHO which Caufield outlined in the first chapters of his book that enables one to logically link LHO with a "conspiracy" to a Walker's shooting in which the target would be deliberately missed.

At the same time -- it is fairly astonishing that LHO had Walker's telephone number in his address book -- and the FBI knew this, but CHOSE TO IGNORE IT -- as did the DPD, and the WC, and Jim Garrison, and the HSCA.

It's a crucial question -- WHY WAS THIS EVIDENCE IGNORED?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

It would be interesting for someone to post a summary of the phone numbers and addresses for various groups in Oswald's notebook. I don't think Walker really stood out in being in being listed, there were some great 4th Decade Journal articles on this and as I recall there was quite a list of right wing and left wing personalities - both individuals and groups.

WILLIAM POTTER GALE

Gale is discussed on pages 162-169 and other pages of Caufield's book. If anyone would like to receive sections 1-4 of his HQ FBI file (62-105253), I will be happy to send it to you (384 pages).

Just drop me a line at ernie1241@aol.com Due to file size, I will need to send it in 2 or 3 emails.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

It's a crucial question -- WHY WAS THIS EVIDENCE IGNORED?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

ahhh, let me guess... why muddy up the LHO did it all by his lonesome scenario?

Well, yes David, the LONE NUT theory of LHO could not abide any accomplices -- Left or Right. So, we'd expect the Warren Commission and FBI to ignore the Edwin Walker telephone number in LHO's note book.

But Bill O'Neil's point is about all the OTHER theorists. Why did Jim Garrison ignore LHO's Walker phone number? Why did Mark Lane ignore LHO's Walker phone number? Why did Harold Weisberg ignore LHO's Walker phone number? Why did Mark North, Anthony Summers, Gerald McKnight, James Fetzer and Jim Marrs ignore LHO's Walker phone number?

And most urgently -- why did the HSCA ignore LHO's Walker phone number?

None of these latter theorists were protecting the LONE NUT theory of LHO -- so why did they all just forget General Walker -- dismissing him as merely a cranky old man?

The best clue of all just whizzed over their heads! The JFK conspiracy community lost a full-half century of investigation into General Walker. It's significant that Jeff Caufield's new book arises only after the 50-year mark has passed.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Let us proceed into the next chapter of Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, Chapter 15, General Walker, 1963: Evidence of Conspiracy.

Accepting Jim Garrison’s connection of LHO with Guy Banister at 544 Camp Street, Caufield has next linked General Walker with Guy Banister through various rightwing political groups in Louisiana. Then he established that Robert Allen Surrey accompanied General Walker on most political trips, including the trip to the Ole Miss riots, and adds Surrey’s wife was a volunteer secretary for General Walker, as well as a local Dallas leader of the JBS. Yet all of this is only a prelude to the critical link: General Walker’s role in the Dallas Minutemen, and specifically in the so-called “Minutemen Assassination Teams.”

On June 10, 1963, Dr. Gerald Beasley of Duncan, Oklahoma, who was a member of the JBS there, reported to the FBI that he received a disturbing visit from a drug salesman, who might or might not have been a genuine radical rightist named Charles Elkins. Charles Elkins told Gerald Beasley that he belonged to the Minutemen of the four-state area, under the direction of General Walker, and that he was recruiting members and new leaders. At first Beasley was interested, but Elkins continued by saying that the Minutemen had military contacts which allowed them to have access to the latest military weapons.

That sounded odd. Then Elkins added that his job was to help assemble a “Minutemen Assassination Team” to kill Communist leaders in case of a future emergency. At this point the conversation had obviously turned creepy, so Dr. Beasley kindly thanked Mr. Elkins and ended the conversation. Elkins concluded by saying that Robert Morris of Dallas assumed the duty of vetting new recruits, and he gave Beasley contact information. Beasley quickly called the FBI, demanding to know whether Elkins was an FBI agent wearing a wire, trying to entrap him.

Robert Morris was well-known as one of Walker’s attorneys who won Walker's release from prosecution for the Ole Miss riots, and would become known as the man who bailed Loran Hall out of jail in October, 1963. To this story Jeff Caufield added the account by ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth given to the WC in 1964, when Ellsworth said, “An organization known as the Minutemen is the right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the president.” Ellsworth also named General Walker as a leader of the Minutemen in Dallas.

On the evening of June 11th 1963, JFK gave his Civil Rights speech advocating his forthcoming Civil Rights Bill. General Walker called it the “Civil (Police) Rights Bill” and accused JFK of planning a Police State. Sometime past midnight after JFK’s speech, Medgar Evers (the NAACP worker who had opposed General Walker and promoted the registration of Black American James Meredith at Ole Miss University, spurring Walker to start the Ole Miss riots) was shot in the back, murdered in his own driveway.

On July 8th 1963, JFK received a letter from the Citizens Council of America of Atlanta, GA (Joseph Milteer’s stomping grounds) warning that the slaying of “Medgar Evers…is only the beginning of events such as you have never anticipated.

On August 1, 1963, LHO wrote to the FPCC and told them that he had had a street-fight with Cuban rightists there in New Orleans. Actually, however, LHO would have that fight one week later. (That is good evidence that the LHO/Bringuier fight was actually planned, and was really a publicity stunt.)

Also in early August 1963, the Fifth Annual National Convention of the Christian Crusade, led by segregationist Reverend Billy James Hargis, convened in Oklahoma to give a fresh voice to General Walker and Robert Welch. The central message was that the current demand for Civil Rights in the USA was driven by Communists. Reporters claimed that General Walker for the first time used the “N” word freely in his speeches.

On August 17, 1963, LHO appeared on radio for five minutes with Ed Butler to extol the FPCC and call for members for his (Fake) FPCC chapter in New Orleans. LHO wrote to the FPCC the next day, claiming that he appeared for a half-hour and was “flooded” with new recruits. In fact, the only call he received was from Carlos Bringuier.

Ed Butler later admitted to the US Congress that he personally trained “conflict managers” to pose as Communists in order to infiltrate Communist organizations. Butler taught his "conflict managers" the proper catch phrases. Jeff Caufield regards LHO as one of Ed Butler’s trainees, and in fact LHO exhibited catch phrases in his radio and TV spots in NOLA..

(to be continued)

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Let us proceed into the next chapter of Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, Chapter 15, General Walker, 1963: Evidence of Conspiracy.

Accepting Jim Garrison’s connection of LHO with Guy Banister at 544 Camp Street, Caufield has next linked General Walker with Guy Banister through various rightwing political groups in Louisiana. Then he established that Robert Allen Surrey accompanied General Walker on most political trips, including the trip to the Ole Miss riots, and adds Surrey’s wife was a volunteer secretary for General Walker, as well as a local Dallas leader of the JBS. Yet all of this is only a prelude to the critical link: General Walker’s role in the Dallas Minutemen, and specifically in the so-called “Minutemen Assassination Teams.”

On June 10, 1963, Dr. Gerald Beasley of Duncan, Oklahoma, who was a member of the JBS there, reported to the FBI that he received a disturbing visit from a drug salesman, who might or might not have been a genuine radical rightist named Charles Elkins. Charles Elkins told Gerald Beasley that he belonged to the Minutemen of the four-state area, under the direction of General Walker, and that he was recruiting members and new leaders. At first Beasley was interested, but Elkins continued by saying that the Minutemen had military contacts which allowed them to have access to the latest military weapons.

That sounded odd. Then Elkins added that his job was to help assemble a “Minutemen Assassination Team” to kill Communist leaders in case of a future emergency. At this point the conversation had obviously turned creepy, so Dr. Beasley kindly thanked Mr. Elkins and ended the conversation. Elkins concluded by saying that Robert Morris of Dallas assumed the duty of vetting new recruits, and he gave Beasley contact information.

Beasley quickly called the FBI, demanding to know whether Elkins was an FBI agent wearing a wire, trying to entrap him. Robert Morris was well-known as one of Walker’s attorneys who won Walker's release from prosecution for the Ole Miss riots, and would become known as the man who bailed Loran Hall out of jail in October, 1963.

To this story Jeff Caufield added the account by ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth given to the WC in 1964, when Ellsworth said, “An organization known as the Minutemen is the right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the president.” Ellsworth also named General Walker as a leader of the Minutemen in Dallas.

On the evening of June 11th 1963, JFK gave his Civil Rights speech for his forthcoming Civil Rights Bill. General Walker called it the “Civil (Police) Rights Bill” and accused JFK of planning a Police State. Sometime past midnight after JFK’s speech, Medgar Evers, the NAACP worker who had opposed General Walker regarding the James Meredith case involving the Ole Miss riots, was shot in the back, murdered in his own driveway.

On July 8th 1963, JFK received a letter from the Citizens Council of America of Atlanta, GA (Joseph Milteer’s stomping grounds) warning that the slaying of “Medgar Evers…is only the beginning of events such as you have never anticipated.

In early August 1963, the Fifth Annual National Convention of the Christian Crusade, led by segregationist Reverend Billy James Hargis, convened to give a fresh voice to General Walker and Robert Welch in Oklahoma. The central message was that Civil Rights was Communist, and reports say that General Walker used the “N” word freely in those speeches.

Also, on August 1, 1963 began, LHO wrote to the FPCC and told them that he had had a street-fight with Cuban rightists there in New Orleans. Actually, however, LHO would have that fight one week later. (That is solid evidence that the LHO/Bringuier fight was political theater.)

On August 17, 1963, LHO appeared on radio for five minutes with Ed Butler to extol the FPCC and call for members for his (Fake) FPCC chapter in New Orleans. LHO wrote to the FPCC the next day, claiming that he appeared for a half-hour and was “flooded” with new recruits. In fact, the only call he received was for Carlos Bringuier. Ed Butler later admitted to the US Congress that he trained “conflict managers” to pose as Communists and infiltrate Communist organizations, teaching them the proper catch phrases. Jeff Caufield regards LHO as one of Ed Butler’s trainees.

(to be continued)

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I was struck by your summary because my FBI file on William Potter Gale goes into great detail concerning how Gale and Rev. Wesley Swift co-founded paramilitary groups which ALSO were supposedly intended to be used as "Assassination Teams".

Both Swift and Gale frequently spoke about killing "Negroes", killing government officials (including FBI agents), and killing leftists and Jews whom they thought were "subversive Communists".

At one point, Gale commented that he had "seven men in Los Angeles, California, armed with Browning Assault Rifles, which can fire 500 rounds per minute. He said these men will go anywhere he says, and will kill anyone he designates."

The comments made in lectures by both Gale and Swift were so ominously threatening that the FBI sent the Internal Security Division of the Justice Department a summary memo to inquire if the Department wanted to pursue legal action -- probably under the Smith Act (violent overthrow of our government). Several memos discussing the matter were captioned "Conspiracy to Murder Government Officers".

Gale and Swift co-founded several organizations as an outgrowth of their Christian Identity church -- the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian (same one which Aryan Nations members often joined). According to Gale, their proposed member participation hierarchy was to be as follows:

"First Front" = Church of Jesus Christ--Christian

"Second Front" = AWAKE (Army of White American Kingdom Evangelists) aka the Defense Division of the Church

"Third Front" = More militant members of AWAKE would become members of CKIE (Christian Knights of the Invisible Empire)--which actually was a KKK-front organization

"Inner Den" = These individuals would be drawn from the "Third Front" and they would be the individuals who would commit acts of violence.

AWAKE divided the United States into 4 zones, each commanded by a Zone Commander and each with a militia directed by a State Commander. In addition, each Congressional District would create an AWAKE District Posse which was to consist of Chapels -- and each Chapel was to be composed of 13 men (a squad) plus their wives or adult female members of their families. All of this was to be organized and run according to military discipline.

Gale also was involved in creating the California Rangers -- a Minutemen type organization. Supposedly, he got the idea because he believed that the Los Angeles Police Department was too small to assure peace and security in the event of riots by African Americans or a takeover of the country by the United Nations. So the Rangers would be prepared to take upon themselves the powers of the Police Department during any crisis situation.

Gale is also one of the major figures with respect to creating the concept of Posse Comitatus -- i.e. the anti-government, right-wing conspiratorial "white Christian" militia movement which declared that they were the true Israelites chosen by God and the supreme legal authority for every community is not any court, not any Police Department, but exists solely at the county level. Consequently, if the County Sheriff refused to abide by and enforce what the Posse Comitatus thought were "legitimate" and "lawful" Christian principles, THEN.... "...he shall be removed by the Posse to the most populated intersection of streets in the township and at high noon be hung by the neck, the body remaining until sundown as an example to those who would subvert the law."

Now---it is entirely possible to write a book which uses the Caufield methodology, i.e. show all of the "links" or "connections" between Rev. Wesley Swift and William Potter Gale and their associates -- with all of the right-wing extremists in the country. Gale stated on several occasions that Maj. General Edwin Walker was a "personal friend" of his.

I imagine that Paul Trejo or Caufield could probably find numerous letters written by Gale or Swift (and their acolytes) -- which were sent to Edwin Walker, John Crommelin, Pedro del Valle, and the other key military figures whom Caufield describes at length in his book. In addition, one could develop a list of the numerous trips which Gale and Swift (and their friends, allies, and associates) made all over the country.

I suspect you could also find "links" between Banister, Courtney, and other JBS figures who were involved with Gale, Swift, et al. And, one could then use Caufield's constant "close to" phrase to characterize those links and connections.

However, the bottom-line remains the same: Swift and Gale had a "violent argument" regarding who should control their AWAKE/CKIE and Christian Defense League organizations and they pretty much became defunct groups within a short period after they were founded.

So...all their violent rhetoric, all their doom-shaped and bigoted lectures, all their feverish activities -- amounted to almost nothing -- which is why Gale was never even placed on the FBI's Security Index during this time period -- and also why the Justice Department's Internal Security Division never thought it was necessary to prosecute Gale for violations of the Smith Act. [Gale subsequently did get into criminal trouble for other matters however.]

Edited by Ernie Lazar

I was struck by your summary because my FBI file on William Potter Gale goes into great detail concerning how Gale and Rev. Wesley Swift co-founded paramilitary groups which ALSO were supposedly intended to be used as "Assassination Teams".

Both Swift and Gale frequently spoke about killing "Negroes", killing government officials (including FBI agents), and killing leftists and Jews whom they thought were "subversive Communists".

At one point, Gale commented that he had "seven men in Los Angeles, California, armed with Browning Assault Rifles, which can fire 500 rounds per minute. He said these men will go anywhere he says, and will kill anyone he designates."

The comments made in lectures by both Gale and Swift were so ominously threatening that the FBI sent the Internal Security Division of the Justice Department a summary memo to inquire if the Department wanted to pursue legal action -- probably under the Smith Act (violent overthrow of our government). Several memos discussing the matter were captioned "Conspiracy to Murder Government Officers".

Gale and Swift co-founded several organizations as an outgrowth of their Christian Identity church -- the Church of Jesus Christ-Christian (same one which Aryan Nations members often joined). According to Gale, their proposed member participation hierarchy was to be as follows:

"Second Front" = AWAKE (Army of White American Kingdom Evangelists) aka the Defense Division of the Church

"Third Front" = More militant members of AWAKE would become members of CKIE (Christian Knights of the Invisible Empire)--which actually was a KKK-front organization

"Inner Den" = These individuals would be drawn from the "Third Front" and they would be the individuals who would commit acts of violence.

AWAKE divided the United States into 4 zones, each commanded by a Zone Commander and each with a militia directed by a State Commander. In addition, each Congressional District would create an AWAKE District Posse which was to consist of Chapels -- and each Chapel was to be composed of 13 men (a squad) plus their wives or adult female members of their families. All of this was to be organized and run according to military discipline.

Gale also was involved in creating the California Rangers -- a Minutemen type organization. Supposedly, he got the idea because he believed that the Los Angeles Police Department was too small to assure peace and security in the event of riots by African Americans or a takeover of the country by the United Nations. So the Rangers would be prepared to take upon themselves the powers of the Police Department during any crisis situation.

Gale is also one of the major figures with respect to creating the concept of Posse Comitatus -- i.e. the anti-government, right-wing conspiratorial "white Christian" militia movement which declared that they were the true Israelites chosen by God and the supreme legal authority for every community is not any court, not any Police Department, but exists solely at the county level. Consequently, if the County Sheriff refused to abide by and enforce what the Posse Comitatus thought were "legitimate" and "lawful" Christian principles, THEN.... "...he shall be removed by the Posse to the most populated intersection of streets in the township and at high noon be hung by the neck, the body remaining until sundown as an example to those who would subvert the law."

Now---it is entirely possible to write a book which uses the Caufield methodology, i.e. show all of the "links" or "connections" between Rev. Wesley Swift and William Potter Gale and their associates -- with all of the right-wing extremists in the country. Gale stated on several occasions that Maj. General Edwin Walker was a "personal friend" of his.

I imagine that Paul Trejo or Caufield could probably find numerous letters written by Gale or Swift (and their acolytes) -- which were sent to Edwin Walker, John Crommelin, Pedro del Valle, and the other key military figures whom Caufield describes at length in his book. In addition, one could develop a list of the numerous trips which Gale and Swift (and their friends, allies, and associates) made all over the country.

I suspect you could also find "links" between Banister, Courtney, and other JBS figures who were involved with Gale, Swift, et al. And, one could then use Caufield's constant "close to" phrase to characterize those links and connections.

However, the bottom-line remains the same: Swift and Gale had a "violent argument" regarding who should control their AWAKE/CKIE and Christian Defense League organizations and they pretty much became defunct groups within a short period after they were founded.

So...all their violent rhetoric, all their doom-shaped and bigoted lectures, all their feverish activities -- amounted to almost nothing -- which is why Gale was never even placed on the FBI's Security Index during this time period -- and also why the Justice Department's Internal Security Division never thought it was necessary to prosecute Gale for violations of the Smith Act. [Gale subsequently did get into criminal trouble for other matters however.]

Yes, Ernie, the importance of a Radical Right Conspiracy in the murder of JFK is becoming ever clearer within the pages of Jeff Caufield's new book.

You're right to cite the key figures of the most Radical Right Christian groups in this regard, namely, William Potter Gale and Reverend Wesley Swift, who founded quasi-Christian sects dedicated to racial segregation, violence and even contemplated assassination to achieve their goals.

The Civil Rights movement led by MLK simply terrified them and their congregations. They considered assassination of MLK, other Civil Rights leaders, some FBI men who protected Civil Rights leaders, and Jews who advocated MLK and thus were "Communists."

It is interesting that these quasi-Christian sects were also friendly with the Minutemen, the KKK, the White Citizens Councils, and in some districts, with the John Birch Society. The notion that the Civil Rights movement was Communist-inspired received plenty of support from the JBS. Harry Dean, for example, says that among the Los Angeles JBS folks he knew, it was taken for granted that the Civil Rights Movement was Communist.

One of the key links to General Walker in this stew was the segregationist Reverend Billy James Hargis, who was a close, personal friend of Walker, and his cohort in coast-to-coast speaking tours. Hargis had co-founded the American Council of Churches (ACC) along with Reverend Carl McIntire. The ACC condemned the older NCC (National Council of Churches) which remains the home of mainstream Christianity, because the NCC refused to oppose race segregation.

Hargis would make a strong pitch for the ACC in all of his speeches, and encouraged all his audiences to quit the NCC that very night, and to join the ACC Churches, including his own "Christian Crusade." It's interesting that General Walker himself, after years of this propaganda, finally quit the Episcopalian Church of his birth, and joined an ACC Church in 1966.

It is interesting that the opposition to JFK and the Civil Rights movement came most strongly from the South, along the old lines of the Civil War, and that the theme was the same, i.e. that "true" Christianity advocated race segregation as in the Southern USA culture. So, this was no bizarre novum in USA history, but was actually a reaction back to 1850, as far as possible. That's why we can't be suprised to find Joseph Milteer fighting alongside Gale and Swift in 1963. Here is a real connection with US history, and a strong confirmation of Caufield's thesis of a "Radical Right Conspiracy" in the murder of JFK.

I firmly agree with you, Ernie, that actual letters written by Gale, Swift and their ilk to Edwin Walker, John Crommelin, Pedro del Valle, and other military figures whom Jeff Caufield identifies, as well as to Guy Banister and Kent Courtney, would be of enormous interest to me and to many readers.

Finally, while Gale and Swift paralyzed their movement as they competed for local power, the "Minuteman Assassination Teams" that Jeff Caufield cited, appear to have retained their forward momentum, because they weren't bogged down by religious leadership disputes. As ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth boldly reported to the WC in 1963: 'Those in Dallas most likely to be involved in a plot to murder JFK are the Minutemen and General Walker.'

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Yes, Ernie, the importance of a Radical Right Conspiracy in the murder of JFK is becoming ever clearer within the pages of Jeff Caufield's new book.

You're right to cite the key figures of the most Radical Right Christian groups in this regard, namely, William Potter Gale and Reverend Wesley Swift, who founded quasi-Christian sects dedicated to racial segregation, violence and even contemplated assassination to achieve their goals.

The Civil Rights movement led by MLK simply terrified them and their congregations. They considered assassination of MLK, other Civil Rights leaders, some FBI men who protected Civil Rights leaders, and Jews who advocated MLK and thus were "Communists."

It is interesting that these quasi-Christian sects were also friendly with the Minutemen, the KKK, the White Citizens Councils, and in some districts, with the John Birch Society. The notion that the Civil Rights movement was Communist-inspired received plenty of support from the JBS. Harry Dean, for example, says that among the Los Angeles JBS folks he knew, it was taken for granted that the Civil Rights Movement was Communist.

One of the key links to General Walker in this stew was the segregationist Reverend Billy James Hargis, who was a close, personal friend of Walker, and his cohort in coast-to-coast speaking tours. Hargis had co-founded the American Council of Churches (ACC) along with Reverend Carl McIntire. The ACC condemned the older NCC (National Council of Churches) which remains the home of mainstream Christianity, because the NCC refused to oppose race segregation.

Hargis would make a strong pitch for the ACC in all of his speeches, and encouraged all his audiences to quit the NCC that very night, and to join the ACC Churches, including his own "Christian Crusade." It's interesting that General Walker himself, after years of this propaganda, finally quit the Episcopalian Church of his birth, and joined an ACC Church in 1966.

It is interesting that the opposition to JFK and the Civil Rights movement came most strongly from the South, along the old lines of the Civil War, and that the theme was the same, i.e. that "true" Christianity advocated race segregation as in the Southern USA culture. So, this was no bizarre novum in USA history, but was actually a reaction back to 1850, as far as possible. That's why we can't be suprised to find Joseph Milteer fighting alongside Gale and Swift in 1963. Here is a real connection with US history, and a strong confirmation of Caufield's thesis of a "Radical Right Conspiracy" in the murder of JFK.

I firmly agree with you, Ernie, that actual letters written by Gale, Swift and their ilk to Edwin Walker, John Crommelin, Pedro del Valle, and other military figures whom Jeff Caufield identifies, as well as to Guy Banister and Kent Courtney, would be of enormous interest to me and to many readers.

Finally, while Gale and Swift paralyzed their movement as they competed for local power, the "Minuteman Assassination Teams" that Jeff Caufield cited, appear to have retained their forward momentum, because they weren't bogged down by religious leadership disputes. As ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth boldly reported to the WC in 1963: 'Those in Dallas most likely to be involved in a plot to murder JFK are the Minutemen and General Walker.'

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

There is a profound difference between "talking about" or theorizing about how to go about murdering a public official (including the President) versus actually taking the specific steps required to make the plot into a reality.

Notice that Ellsworth did not say that Minutemen and Walker WERE involved in a specific plot which could be proven. Instead, Ellsworth said that the persons in Dallas who were "most likely to be involved in a plot" were MM and Walker (presumably based upon Ellsworth's understanding of their hostility toward JFK) .

However, Willie Somersett told the Miami Police Department that, based upon his "inside information" (was it from Milteer?), Roy Elonza Davis Sr., J.D. Tippitt, and Theodore Jackman were the shooters who killed JFK. Keep in mind that in November 1963, Roy E. Davis Sr. was 73 1/2 years old!

As Caufield points out (page 483): "Dealing with an allegation like Somersett's--from a single source, without any other witness corroboration--is problematic....It's worth noting that Somersett never implicated Walker..."

This is the constant problem we face. Harry Dean is another example of a "single source, without any other witness corroboration" and I don't think Harry's "recollections" conform too well to what Somersett believed.

My point is: Caufield presents a bottomless pit of "links", "connections", "associations" --- as well as numerous assumptions or statements regarding alleged motive and opportunity ---- but, he does not present clear actionable factual proof.

There is a profound difference between "talking about" or theorizing about how to go about murdering a public official (including the President) versus actually taking the specific steps required to make the plot into a reality.

Notice that Ellsworth did not say that Minutemen and Walker WERE involved in a specific plot which could be proven. Instead, Ellsworth said that the persons in Dallas who were "most likely to be involved in a plot" were MM and Walker (presumably based upon Ellsworth's understanding of their hostility toward JFK) .

However, Willie Somersett told the Miami Police Department that, based upon his "inside information" (was it from Milteer?), Roy Elonza Davis Sr., J.D. Tippitt, and Theodore Jackman were the shooters who killed JFK. Keep in mind that in November 1963, Roy E. Davis Sr. was 73 1/2 years old!

As Caufield points out (page 483): "Dealing with an allegation like Somersett's--from a single source, without any other witness corroboration--is problematic....It's worth noting that Somersett never implicated Walker..."

This is the constant problem we face. Harry Dean is another example of a "single source, without any other witness corroboration" and I don't think Harry's "recollections" conform too well to what Somersett believed.

My point is: Caufield presents a bottomless pit of "links", "connections", "associations" --- as well as numerous assumptions or statements regarding alleged motive and opportunity ---- but, he does not present clear actionable factual proof.

Well, Ernie, it's also interesting that a number of photography buffs have concluded that J.D. Tippit was Badge Man, using advanced photography techniques -- down to the pock-mark on Tippit's left cheek. I've still got an open mind about that.

I also keep an open mind about Mike Robinson's claim that he overheard Roscoe White confess on 11/22/1963 to being the killer of J.D. Tippit.

IMHO, to say that General Walker killed JFK is the same as saying that General Walker led a group of DPD officers (who were also Minutemen) to murder JFK. A DPD rogue plot makes most sense to me after reading Walt Brown's excellent, Treachery in Dallas (1995).

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Well, Ernie, it's also interesting that a number of photography buffs have concluded that J.D. Tippit was Badge Man, using advanced photography techniques -- down to the pock-mark on Tippit's left cheek. I've still got an open mind about that.

I also keep an open mind about Mike Robinson's claim that he overheard Roscoe White confess on 11/22/1963 to being the killer of J.D. Tippit.

IMHO, to say that General Walker killed JFK is the same as saying that General Walker led a group of DPD officers (who were also Minutemen) to murder JFK. A DPD rogue plot makes most sense to me after reading Walt Brown's excellent, Treachery in Dallas (1995).

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I'm still waiting for you (or someone) to establish that Walker was in Los Angeles (or southern California) the first week of September 1963---as Harry claims.

I'm still waiting for you (or someone) to establish that Walker was in Los Angeles (or southern California) the first week of September 1963---as Harry claims.

Well, Ernie, I don't have that proof -- but here's my theory. I'll start with this statement by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield in his new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015):

General Edwin A. Walker was the mastermind behind the murder of President Kennedy, as the evidence presented in this work shows. An FBI and Miami, Florida police informant close to Walker co-conspirator Joseph Milteer provided the names of the shooters -- two of whem the author hs documented as close associates of Walker. (Caufield: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, p. 780)

Now, the US Government in 1964 announced that the full Truth of the JFK murder would not be released to the general public "in your lifetime." The unofficial date for the release of the Truth was 75 years after the Warren Commission report, i.e. the year 2039. In 1992 President GHW Bush signed the JFK Records Act (in celebration, IMHO, of the Fall of the USSR) and changed the date for the release of the Truth about JFK to Thursday 26 October 2017.

This means, given that Jeff Caufield is correct, that the US Government knows that Walker was the mastermind of the JFK murder, and is deliberately withholding that information today.

The information that the US Government is withholding cannot, of course, be located from any of the archives of General Walker's papers scattered throughout the USA. Those have been scrubbed. Only the slimmest pickings of clues can still be found in them.

So, IMHO, the confirmation of clues provided by Harry Dean in 1965 will be revealed by the US Government along with many other FBI reports and personal papers of General Walker on Thursday 26 October 2017.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Well, Ernie, I don't have that proof -- but here's my theory. I'll start with this statement by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield in his new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015):

General Edwin A. Walker was the mastermind behind the murder of President Kennedy, as the evidence presented in this work shows. An FBI and Miami, Florida police informant close to Walker co-conspirator Joseph Milteer provided the names of the shooters -- two of whem the author hs documented as close associates of Walker. (Caufield: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, p. 780)

Now, the US Government in 1964 announced that the full Truth of the JFK murder would not be released to the general public "in your lifetime." The unofficial date for the release of the Truth was 75 years after the Warren Commission report, i.e. the year 2039. In 1992 President GHW Bush signed the JFK Records Act (in celebration, IMHO, of the Fall of the USSR) and changed the date for the release of the Truth about JFK to Thursday 26 October 2017.

This means, given that Jeff Caufield is correct, that the US Government knows that Walker was the mastermind of the JFK murder, and is deliberately withholding that information today.

The information that the US Government is withholding cannot, of course, be located from any of the archives of General Walker's papers scattered throughout the USA. Those have been scrubbed. Only the slimmest pickings of clues can still be found in them.

So, IMHO, the confirmation of clues provided by Harry Dean in 1965 will be revealed by the US Government along with many other FBI reports and personal papers of General Walker on Thursday 26 October 2017.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

But, Paul, as I have already pointed out to you, there are only 4 FBI documents remaining to be released in October 2017 and none of them pertain to Walker. Two of them pertain to Ruth Paine. Does she have any connection to Walker? And two of them have something to do with New Orleans and perhaps Banister and/or Edward Stewart Suggs alias Jack Stuart Martin.

Furthermore, as I have also pointed out previously, there is a specific protocol which all government agencies follow with respect to archiving and indexing their records. The protocol used by the FBI has been known for many decades -- often because of successful lawsuits brought by FOIA requesters -- including (by the way) well known JFK-researchers.

Every FBI file which pertains to any individual or any organization and which has gaps (i.e. missing serials or serials transferred to other files--such as (for example) moving a Walker or JBS serial into the JFK-assassination file OR taken out and sent to the House Select Committee on Assassinations) would then contain a missing page advisory notice which identifies the original file number, the serial number, and the date and number of pages along with the receiving file number and new serial numbers (if applicable).

Consequently, what you are proposing, is ALL of the following:

1. The FBI deliberately lied to all investigative committees and commissions regarding records in its possession or under its control

2. The FBI deliberately concealed from the ARRB certain JFK-related records which discuss Walker and/or the JBS

3. Even more incredibly, you are proposing that every (suppressed) Walker-related or JBS-related document which the FBI created and sent OUTSIDE the FBI to (for example) the White House, or to military intelligence, or to the Secret Service, or to the CIA, or to other units within the Justice Department (such as the Internal Security Division headed by an Assistant Attorney General) or to any other government entity -- have ALL magically disappeared for the past 53 years AND all references to those documents which are contained in the unique indexing systems of each of those agencies or entities has ALSO been purged AND

4. ALL of the scores (and probably hundreds) of people who saw copies of those allegedly suppressed documents (starting with the clerical employees at the FBI who typed them, indexed them, and filed them) through all of the senior FBI staff (Inspectors, Section Chiefs, Supervisory Special Agents, field office personnel, and Assistant Directors) AND all of the scores (and probably hundreds) of people OUTSIDE the FBI to whom copies of those (suppressed) memos/reports were sent whom, therefore, had knowledge about their existence --- have ALL, collectively, been subjected to some sort of Jedi Mind Trick for the past 5+ decades to prevent them, in perpetuity, from ever bringing to light their personal first-hand knowledge of those documents.

Give me a major break!

P.S. -- You will notice that I did not even bring up the matter of how professional investigative journalists somehow have never received a single hint about the existence of these purportedly suppressed documents. So (for example), you are proposing that, perhaps,the greatest single example of official government corruption and deception and deliberate LIES -- which exceeds what transpired during Watergate -- and which concerns the single greatest event in our modern U.S. history --- somehow happened in full view and with full participation of literally THOUSANDS of government employees in multiple agencies -- but, somehow, NOBODY ever contacted a newspaper reporter, or a TV producer, or an editor, or a historian or a political scientist or anybody else to report about it.

Give me another major break!

Edited by Ernie Lazar

But, Paul, as I have already pointed out to you, there are only 4 FBI documents remaining to be released in October 2017 and none of them pertain to Walker. Two of them pertain to Ruth Paine. Does she have any connection to Walker? And two of them have something to do with New Orleans and perhaps Banister and/or Edward Stewart Suggs alias Jack Stuart Martin.

Furthermore, as I have also pointed out previously, there is a specific protocol which all government agencies follow with respect to archiving and indexing their records. The protocol used by the FBI has been known for many decades -- often because of successful lawsuits brought by FOIA requesters -- including (by the way) well known JFK-researchers.

Every FBI file which pertains to any individual or any organization and which has gaps (i.e. missing serials or serials transferred to other files--such as (for example) moving a Walker or JBS serial into the JFK-assassination file OR taken out and sent to the House Select Committee on Assassinations) would then contain a missing page advisory notice which identifies the original file number, the serial number, and the date and number of pages along with the receiving file number and new serial numbers (if applicable).

Consequently, what you are proposing, is ALL of the following:

1. The FBI deliberately lied to all investigative committees and commissions regarding records in its possession or under its control

2. The FBI deliberately concealed from the ARRB certain JFK-related records which discuss Walker and/or the JBS

3. Even more incredibly, you are proposing that every (suppressed) Walker-related or JBS-related document which the FBI created and sent OUTSIDE the FBI to (for example) the White House, or to military intelligence, or to the Secret Service, or to the CIA, or to other units within the Justice Department (such as the Internal Security Division headed by an Assistant Attorney General) or to any other government entity -- have ALL magically disappeared for the past 53 years AND all references to those documents which are contained in the unique indexing systems of each of those agencies or entities has ALSO been purged AND

4. ALL of the scores (and probably hundreds) of people who saw copies of those allegedly suppressed documents (starting with the clerical employees at the FBI who typed them, indexed them, and filed them) through all of the senior FBI staff (Inspectors, Section Chiefs, Supervisory Special Agents, field office personnel, and Assistant Directors) AND all of the scores (and probably hundreds) of people OUTSIDE the FBI to whom copies of those (suppressed) memos/reports were sent whom, therefore, had knowledge about their existence --- have ALL, collectively, been subjected to some sort of Jedi Mind Trick for the past 5+ decades to prevent them, in perpetuity, from ever bringing to light their personal first-hand knowledge of those documents.

Give me a major break!

P.S. -- You will notice that I did not even bring up the matter of how professional investigative journalists somehow have never received a single hint about the existence of these purportedly suppressed documents. So (for example), you are proposing that, perhaps, the greatest single example of official government corruption and deception and deliberate LIES -- which exceeds what transpired during Watergate -- and which concerns the single greatest event in our modern U.S. history --- somehow happened in full view and with full participation of literally THOUSANDS of government employees in multiple agencies -- but, somehow, NOBODY ever contacted a newspaper reporter, or a TV producer, or an editor, or a historian or a political scientist or anybody else to report about it.

Give me another major break!

Once again, Ernie, I still doubt that you alone have inside knowledge of the contents of the Top Secret documents on the JFK murder that are still being withheld by the US Government.

Also, Watergate was a piker compared with the JFK murder. J. Edgar Hoover came up with the Lone Nut theory on 11/22/1963, and LBJ bought it and sold it to Allen Dulles and Earl Warren. With these four giants the JFK Top Secret documents were locked away for 75 years. It is therefore not surprising to me that even US Senators, like those of the HSCA and other investigative bodies, could not pry these documents loose from the FBI vaults.

If Senator Schweiker could have no inkling what was concealed by the FBI, Ernie, what in the world makes you believe that you can guess their contents?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo