The Education Forum

Did Gloria Calvery almost catch up to Marion Baker?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelley Testimony:  11/22/63

Shelley's first day account of where he ran into Gloria Calvery crying

I ran across the street to the corner of the park and ran into a girl crying and she said the president has been shot.

this girls name is Gloria Calvery

Shelley_Calvery.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

21 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Shelley Testimony:  11/22/63

Shelley's first day account of where he ran into Gloria Calvery crying

I ran across the street to the corner of the park and ran into a girl crying and she said the president has been shot.

this girls name is Gloria Calvery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said on the other thread, quite the glaring contradiction to his WC testimony, eh what?

From the Warren Commission testimony of William Shelley, April 7, 1964:

" Mr. BALL - Do you have any idea how long it was from the time you heard those three sounds or three noises until you saw Truly and Baker going into the building?
Mr. SHELLEY - It would have to be 3 or 4 minutes I would say because this girl that ran back up there was down near where the car was when the President was hit.
Mr. BALL - She ran back up to the door and you had still remained standing there?
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes. "

" Mr. SHELLEY - Well, I heard something sounded like it was a firecracker and a slight pause and then two more a little bit closer together. 
Mr. BALL - And then?
Mr. SHELLEY - I didn't think anything about it. 
Mr. BALL - What did it sound like to you?
Mr. SHELLEY - Sounded like a miniature cannon or baby giant firecracker, wasn't real loud.
Mr. BALL - What happened; what did you do then? 
Mr. SHELLEY - I didn't do anything for a minute.
Mr. BALL - What seemed to be the direction or source of the sound:? 
Mr. SHELLEY - Sounded like it came from the west. 
Mr. BALL - It sounded like it came from the west? 
Mr. SHELLEY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Then what happened?
Mr. SHELLEY - Gloria Calvary from South-Western Publishing Co. ran back up there crying and said "The President has been shot" and Billy Lovelady and myself took off across the street to that little, old island and we stopped there for a minute. "

See the contradiction? Or is that just an honest witness having a wee bit of difficulty recalling the events?

" Mr. SHELLEY - I didn't do anything for a minute. "

A minute??? Dammit Shelley, you got to get off those steps faster than that. You gotta be 25 steps down the Elm St. extension when that big ol' cop goes barrelin' up the stairs!

In another part of Shelleys testimony he said that he and lovelady went down to the rail tracks with some uniformed police officers ?

It was in the exellent Archive link you posted earlier.

I downloaded the PDF file and scrolled through it.

Edited by Robin Unger

21 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

In another part of Shelleys testimony he said that he and lovelady went down to the rail tracks with some uniformed police officers ?

It was in the exellent Archive link you posted earlier.

I downloaded the PDF file and scrolled through it.

Yes, I never saw that statement until just recently. I wonder how the folks that subscribe to Shelley and Lovelady walking to the rail yards together are going to deal with this statement?

My first question to them; where are the cops?

On 12/30/2016 at 9:58 PM, Robert Prudhomme said:

We also tried to determine if that long legged lady in the black skirt seen booking it for the TSBD at high speed in Darnell could be the short and slightly dumpy looking Gloria Calvery seen on her wedding day.

The outfit makes her look larger than what she really is. The same can be said for about everyone woman who wore such a dress suit. Calvery looks no heavier than her husband and he looks rather thin.

It finally dawned on me that it was not really that important to find Calvery. What became more important was examining how hard someone (or a group of someones) worked at establishing that the Hispanic/black woman, seen in Zapruder and other films, was the oh-so-white Gloria Calvery.

How hard someone worked at establishing the dark complected woman as Calvery?  If its like everything else with some people - all someone had to do is suggest that woman was her as many people allow others to do their research and thinking for them.

I cannot seem to find a statement taken from June Dishong. However, Gloria Calvery, Carol Reed, Karan Hicks and Karen Westbrook all gave statements to the FBI dated 19-20 March, 1964. Each statement is practically a carbon copy of the other three (and I mean IDENTICAL, literally almost word for word), and each woman vouches for the presence of the other three at their position just east of the Stemmons Freeway sign.

Try to understand that the way their statement is worded is the work of the person who wrote it. Then this person writes down a general statement and switches the names around and ask if the information is correct - then the witness will sign off on it. That is why its meaningless unless something particularly specific has been established.

Image result for gloria calvery jfk

The woman ID'ed as Gloria Calvery seen standing below the "T" in "RIGHT". This photo clearly shows her group to be the only group of five ladies to the immediate east of the Stemmons Freeway sign.

Until one looks at the Bronson photo and realizes the women are much further east of the road sign than they look when seen from up the street and at an angle.

Bronson photo.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

It's the running woman.

20 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

dupe

Dear William,

Fine.  Thanks.  You must be right.  (lol)

BTW, what do you think about the two men who appear to be crossing over Elm Street Extension?  (That is, after all, why I posted it.)

All the best,

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

53 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

BTW, what do you think about the two men who appear to be crossing over Elm Street Extension?  (That is, after all, why I posted it.)

All the best,

--  Tommy :sun

I think after they passed the running woman - they went around the back of the car they were passing and entered onto the Island in time to look back and see Truly and Patrolman Baker about to enter the TSBD, Here is the link to a discussion that Larsen has been participating in .......

Couch film capture_1.jpg

lovelady head.jpg