The Education Forum

The movie " Suddenly"

Peter McGuire

Although I don't understand the relationship of the others to political assassination, the film Z is a really excellent film that can only be called a classic.

Just the editing of that movie makes it worth seeing.

And the performance by Jean Louis T, as the prosecutor is galvanizing. Sort of reminds me what the HSCA would have been if Sprague had stayed on.

Although I don't understand the relationship of the others to political assassination,

Seven Days in May isn't specifically about political assassination, is it?

Dr. Strangelove is a satire on Kennedy-era political paranoia.

What is The Battle of Algiers about if it isn't "political assassination"?

The Exterminating Angel, The Wages of Fear, and Weekend are all great "political" films from the era.

Cliff:

Seven Days in May is about taking out a president by military takeover, sort of like the attempted 34 coup against FDR.

Close to an assassination.

Z is a really good film that is based on an actual event. Wonderfully made in every way--acting, directing, and editing.

Battle of Algiers, which I have seen four times, is about a long anti colonial struggle, in which all kind of terror tactics were used over a number of years.

Cliff:

Seven Days in May is about taking out a president by military takeover, sort of like the attempted 34 coup against FDR.

Close to an assassination.

Z is a really good film that is based on an actual event. Wonderfully made in every way--acting, directing, and editing.

Battle of Algiers, which I have seen four times, is about a long anti colonial struggle, in which all kind of terror tactics were used over a number of years.

Sympathy for the assassins...

My favorite line from The Wages of Fear -- "Wherever there's oil, there're Americans"

We forgot another one:

WInter Kills was so far over the top it was camp.