The Education Forum

How Did They Get Roscoe White To Lean Like That And Not Fall Over?

Please find here a comparison of the backyard picture with my simulation of Oswald's pose. The purpose of this small experiment was to show the maximum leaning angle provided that: 1) the front part of the left foot touches the ground, 2) all weight rests on the right foot, 3) the trunk and the head align with the vertical plane perpendicular to the ground. The arms simulate Oswald's pose only approximately, however, it was not the purpose of this experiment to reproduce all aspects of Oswald's pose. Also, the right foot is rotated slightly more compared to Oswald's stance.

pose_nolines.jpg?w=529&h=360

The angle of leaning in the right picture appears even larger than in the original backyard picture. This is highlighted in the picture below. The yellow line in Oswald's figure connects the tip of the left foot with the nose, and crosses the left knee. In the right hand side figure, the same line was copied to cross the tip of the left foot. However, the yellow line misses the nose by a large margin. Thus, Oswald's pose looks strange on the first sight, however, it can be reproduced. Holding a rifle weighing 3.4 kg would make the pose even more stable. I have tested this condition by reproducing the pose whilst holding a stone weighing about 3 kg in my left hand (not shown).

pose_withlines.jpg?w=529&h=380

The new pictures were taken by my daughter. Interestingly, I had to ask her to make sure in the next round of shooting that the vertical lines are really vertical and the horizontal lines are horizontal. The reason was that my daughter rotated the pictures towards the right in maybe a subconscious effort to correct the strong leaning as if trying to avoid my falling down. Could this be the reason for seeing this particular backyard picture rotated towards the right?

Andrej,

Impressive work.

But it looks to me as though "Oswald's" hips are turned more toward the camera than yours are, and his right knee is bent the wrong way. Also, his right foot is pointed more forward than yours.

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please find here a comparison of the backyard picture with my simulation of Oswald's pose. The purpose of this small experiment was to show the maximum leaning angle provided that: 1) the front part of the left foot touches the ground, 2) all weight rests on the right foot, 3) the trunk and the head align with the vertical plane perpendicular to the ground. The arms simulate Oswald's pose only approximately, however, it was not the purpose of this experiment to reproduce all aspects of Oswald's pose. Also, the right foot is rotated slightly more compared to Oswald's stance.

<snip>

Andrej,

Impressive work.

But it looks to me as though "Oswald's" hips are turned more toward the camera than yours are, and his right knee is bent the wrong way. Also, his right foot is pointed more forward than yours.

Andrej,

It seems to me that the most obvious difference between the photo that your daughter took and the BYP is the angle of the neck and head. In order to keep your balance, you had to tilt your head and neck to the left -- otherwise you would have fallen over.

Also notice that your right shoulder is distinctly below your left shoulder -- while in the BYP the shoulders are horizontal.

Also notice that your right leg is almost perfectly straight -- while LHO's right leg seems bent the wrong way at the knee.

The center of gravity of the BYP is false. This is demonstrated emphatically by reversing that BYP image from left to right. It's dramatic.

Conversely, if you shift your own photo from left to right, the center of gravity remains intact.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Three%20Amigos_zps6lihazom.jpg

One of the most famous Roman buildings in the world and the most famous Roman rifle in the world. And then, arguably, there was the most famous Roman Catholic in the the world - JFK. The serial number of the most famous Roman rifle in the world, also plays the notes of the most famous Roman song in the world - "O Sole Mio". See post #5, here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=22752

Edited by Tom Hume

I applaud Andrej’s demonstration and find very little fault with it. But I was trying this earlier, and the angle of ones right foot is very important. The more at right angles one’s right foot is to the direction of tilt, the farther one can tilt. To remain standing, the center of gravity needs to be somewhere near the ball of one’s right foot.

Would it be helpful to this demonstration if the Oswald photo on the left was corrected for keystone and the verticals plumbed up?

I applaud Andrej’s demonstration and find very little fault with it. But I was trying this earlier, and the angle of ones right foot is very important. The more at right angles one’s right foot is to the direction of tilt, the farther one can tilt.

To remain standing, the center of gravity needs to be somewhere near the ball of one’s right foot.

Precisely Tom! If your center of gravity isn't somewhere between your heals and the balls of your feet, you will be doing a balancing act.

Would it be helpful to this demonstration if the Oswald photo on the left was corrected for keystone and the verticals plumbed up?

Edited by Sandy Larsen

The primary reason Andrej doesn't fall over is because of the way he has his right foot turned.

The horizontal lines in the stonework are perpendicular to the force of gravity, unlike the horizontal structures in the BYP.

Gentlemen:

I agree that the orientation of the right foot in my new picture was not identical to the one in the backyard picture. It is more difficult to lean with a smaller angle of the right foot than I have assumed. However, the purpose was to show that a perceptually improbable leaning is possible without invoking the necessity of an alterations to the picture. To show extreme leaning in Oswald's pose with the right foot showing less open angle than I took, one needs to have an (elongated) object weighing 3.4 kg in the left hand. The weigh in the left hand pulls the body towards the left and front. I will produce more pictures in various conditions.

I wondered why would Oswald (or his imposter?) lean like this, The reason may have been the rifle - his intention to have the rifle diagonal to his body. If he would not be leaning, the rifle would have to be held in the diagonal axis as seen in the backyard picture only with man's left wrist else it would hang vertically in parallel with the body. In this particular backyard picture, the weight of the rifle presses against the left forearm, and the left forearm was the body part to keep firm and steady. The leaning in opposite direction has stabilised the left forearm, and the left forearm and the rifle helped to balance the stance.

One can get the feel for this posture by first holding in the left hand an object weighing about 3 kg and then starting to lean to the right and back.

The primary reason Andrej doesn't fall over is because of the way he has his right foot turned.

The horizontal lines in the stonework are perpendicular to the force of gravity, unlike the horizontal structures in the BYP.

Robert:

actually, there is still about 1 degree rightwards displacement of the main vertical axis in my picture. in spite of my daughter trying to keep the vertical lines straight. So, my leaning is even more extreme than shown here. As far as inclinations of the vertical lines in the backyard picture, I will come back to it when my model is complete.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

Know why the perspective is all wrong in the BYP?

Sandy pointed out that the posts on the right lean right, the window on the left leans left, and the support post for the stairs is close to being plumb.

What about the gate itself? The whole thing leans to the right; a match for the 2nd post from the right. It breaks all of the rules.

Sandy pointed out that the posts on the right lean right, the window on the left leans left, and the support post for the stairs is close to being plumb.

What about the gate itself? The whole thing leans to the right; a match for the 2nd post from the right. It breaks all of the rules.

I agree entirely, Robert. I also think the best explanation for this was given by both Sandy Larsen and Jack White.

The BYP is a photograph of a photograph. Sandy explained that well.

Then, the end result which defies gravity is made by lifting one end of the photograph before the final snapshot, as Jack White explained.

This was obviously done DELIBERATELY, for PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY, almost certainly by LHO himself at JCS during the same period in which LHO created his fake Alek J. Hidell identification cards.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I agree entirely, Robert. I also think the best explanation for this was given by both Sandy Larsen and Jack White.

The BYP is a photograph of a photograph. Sandy explained that well.

Then, the end result which defies gravity is made by lifting one end of the photograph before the final snapshot, as Jack White explained.

This was obviously done DELIBERATELY, for PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY, almost certainly by LHO himself at JCS during the same period in which LHO created his fake Alek J. Hidell identification cards.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul:

you see in my post 40 that the rightward inclination of the fence in the right part image was also seen in one modern picture which shows the backyard seen from a very similar view angle.

Some of the posts supporting the platform/stairs appear like that they never were perfectly straight and perpendicular to the ground. This may also relate to the downward inclination of the picket which can be seen in almost all pictures of this backyard. If someone would lift the right side of the photographic plate during repeated shooting of the picture, the gate would point upwards, not downwards, and the heights of individual posts would be increasing towards the right. If the left side of the plate would be lifted, we would see anomalies predominantly in the left part of the picture. It would be necessary to see the result of Mr. White's experiment (keystoning) to confirm that this manipulation has occurred.

While I also believe that especially CE133B and C were manipulated, I think that CE133A was actually the picture shot by Marina. It is likely that the CE133A was manipulated in the head/face region which would be what Mr. Oswald indicated during his interrogation.

Paul:

you see in my post 40 that the rightward inclination of the fence in the right part image was also seen in one modern picture which shows the backyard seen from a very similar view angle.

Some of the posts supporting the platform/stairs appear like that they never were perfectly straight and perpendicular to the ground. This may also relate to the downward inclination of the picket which can be seen in almost all pictures of this backyard. If someone would lift the right side of the photographic plate during repeated shooting of the picture, the gate would point upwards, not downwards, and the heights of individual posts would be increasing towards the right. If the left side of the plate would be lifted, we would see anomalies predominantly in the left part of the picture. It would be necessary to see the result of Mr. White's experiment (keystoning) to confirm that this manipulation has occurred.

While I also believe that especially CE133B and C were manipulated, I think that CE133A was actually the picture shot by Marina. It is likely that the CE133A was manipulated in the head/face region which would be what Mr. Oswald indicated during his interrogation.

Andrej,

No, CE 133-A is also manipulated. The square chin is the first clue. Also, the thick neck, the broad shoulders and the lumpy right wrist. All these belong to Roscoe White.

Further, look at the right knee on CE 133-A. Now look at your right-knee in the photo you shared. Your leg is STRAIGHT. Now look at LHO's knee -- it is bent backward.

Actually, look at the line of the horizontal fence-post that intersects the vertical knee point. There is re-touching there.

No, CE-133A is also manipulated. We no longer have the single photo that Marina took. But even Marina herself was fooled -- as LHO was a superb deceiver. He reveled in it.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul:

Andrej,

No, CE 133-A is also manipulated. The square chin is the first clue. Also, the thick neck, the broad shoulders and the lumpy right wrist. All these belong to Roscoe White.

Further, look at the right knee on CE 133-A. Now look at your right-knee in the photo you shared. Your leg is STRAIGHT. Now look at LHO's knee -- it is bent backward.

Actually, look at the line of the horizontal fence-post that intersects the vertical knee point. There is re-touching there.

No, CE-133A is also manipulated. We no longer have the single photo that Marina took. But even Marina herself was fooled -- as LHO was a superb deceiver. He reveled in it.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I had a weird idea last night. Maybe the bad guys wanted LHO to look a little "twisted" and "unbalanced."

Like I said, weird.

Edited by Thomas Graves