The Education Forum

Joan Mellen did not debunk LBJ’s complicity in JFK’s murder

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

I am surprised that Denton uses the unbelievable Madeleine Brown as a source. Brown claimed she attended a party at Clint Murchison's home the evening before the assassination, and that LBJ, J. Edgar Hoover, Richard Nixon, H. L. Hunt, and John McCloy were there, among others. She also claimed that during that evening, LBJ told her that "after tomorrow" the Kennedys would never embarrass him again. This lady was clearly a fraud.

When her son filed a paternity suit to establish his mother's alleged death-bed claim that LBJ was his father, the Johnson family called his bluff, and he never showed up in court to arrange for the paternity test. 

Edited 7 minutes ago by Michael Griffith

One has to consider Madeline Brown and her years of often times embellished ( if not made up ) comments and claims with at least some allowance for there being more than a few important actual truths she reveals about LBJ in them.

The truth that LBJ did father their son Steven for one.

LBJ wouldn't have kept MB financially subsidized all those years if they hadn't had a child together.

LBJ's family didn't call Steven Johnson's bluff regards his filing a legal claim to LBJ's estate after his death. 

They and their powerful connections had to destroy Steven Johnson. His legitimacy as provenly LBJ's son was a huge threat to them in so many ways, including the legacy of LBJ.

I came to the conclusion that Madeline Brown did embellish many aspects of her story, and even made up many others.

I believe she was a desperate woman after her endowment funds were cut off when LBJ passed away.

Her thrusting herself into the national limelight did bring her some financial gain, and I would imagine she got a fairly good sum of money with her book deal?

I also feel MB definitely wanted to get some revenge on the LBJ family ( and the high powered LBJ loyal minions in their camp who did their wealth and reputation protecting bidding ) for their treatment of her ( cut off funds ) and her son Steven who was denied his birth right acknowledgement and died under tragic circumstances.

In her book "Texas In The Morning" MB relates quotes of LBJ made during their many overnight trysts in his own reserved hotel room suites.

I agree with another of our forum members who believed that those quotes rang true to the known "private setting" speaking traits LBJ exhibited throughout his life.

Whether MB's account of the big shot JFK haters meet up at one of the Murchison households the night before the assassination was so embellished it was meaningless, the woman did have a totally legitimate insider connection to LBJ in a uniquely deep intimacy way  that in my opinion adds weight to her statement that she felt LBJ knew of the JFKA before it happened.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

One has to consider Madeline Brown and her years of often times embellished ( if not made up ) comments and claims with at least some allowance for there being more than a few important actual truths she reveals about LBJ in them.

The truth that LBJ did father their son Steven for one.

LBJ wouldn't have kept MB financially subsidized all those years if they hadn't had a child together.

LBJ's family didn't call Steven Johnson's bluff regards his filing a legal claim to LBJ's estate after his death. 

They and their powerful connections had to destroy Steven Johnson. His legitimacy as provenly LBJ's son was a huge threat to them in so many ways, including the legacy of LBJ.

I came to the conclusion that Madeline Brown did embellish many aspects of her story, and even made up many others.

I believe she was a desperate woman after her endowment funds were cut off when LBJ passed away.

Her thrusting herself into the national limelight did bring her some financial gain, and I would imagine she got a fairly good sum of money with her book deal?

I also feel MB definitely wanted to get some revenge on the LBJ family ( and the high powered LBJ loyal minions in their camp who did their wealth and reputation protecting bidding ) for their treatment of her ( cut off funds ) and her son Steven who was denied his birth right acknowledgement and died under tragic circumstances.

In her book "Texas In The Morning" MB relates quotes of LBJ made during their many overnight trysts in his own reserved hotel room suites.

I agree with another of our forum members who believed that those quotes rang true to the known "private setting" speaking traits LBJ exhibited throughout his life.

Whether MB's account of the big shot JFK haters meet up at one of the Murchison households the night before the assassination was so embellished it was meaningless, the woman did have a totally legitimate insider connection to LBJ in a uniquely deep intimacy way  that in my opinion adds weight to her statement that she felt LBJ knew of the JFKA before it happened.

Oh my goodness. Really? So now we're peddling Madeleine Brown's demonstrably false tales? Her statement "rings true" only to those who want to believe her and who are willing to ignore all the holes in her story. 

We know where Nixon, Hoover, and LBJ were the night before the assassination. They were not at Murchison's house finalizing a plot to kill JFK. Brown's story is crazy talk.

The very idea that they would have held such a meeting at that time and location is absurd, even if one wants to imagine that they were the key plotters.

This stuff is embarrassing, low-hanging fruit for WC apologists to use to discredit the case for conspiracy. 

Edited by Michael Griffith

15 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Oh my goodness. Really? So now we're peddling Madeleine Brown's demonstrably false tales? Her statement "rings true" only to those who want to believe her and who are willing to ignore all the holes in her story. 

We know where Nixon, Hoover, and LBJ were the night before the assassination. They were not at Murchison's house finalizing a plot to kill JFK. Brown's story is crazy talk.

The very idea that they would have held such a meeting at that time and location is absurd, even if one wants to imagine that they were the key plotters.

This stuff is embarrassing, low-hanging fruit for WC apologists to use to discredit the case for conspiracy. 

I don't know why so many JFKA debaters are so firmly accepting of the "Hoover wasn't there" proposition regards whether or not he actually did fly into Dallas the evening of 11,21,1963.

Maybe I've missed it...but is there absolute documented proof that Hoover never left DC the day or evening of 11,21,1963?

And did Hoover never travel by way of his own plane that didn't have to register a flight plan as the CIA and military often did?

May Newman gave a quite detailed account ( admittedly second hand ) of Hoover flying in because she was aware of Virginia Murchison's chauffer Jules Fiefer ( spelling? ) being sent out to pick up "Bulldog" and his also having to drive the departing Hoover back to the airport.

And when driver Fiefer came back to the Murchison household after his last Hoover drop off run to the airport Newman asked him if Hoover had given him a good tip?

To which driver Fiefer said no...as he was upset about the stiffing.

Some corroborating facts.

Hoover was known as a cheapskate.  So Newman's account of Fiefer's angst at being stiffed by Bulldog rings true. If Hoover was known as a big tipper Newman's story would be more suspect.

EVERYONE knew about Hoover's close relationship with the Murchisons.

You don't get flown out to sunny California to stay at Murchison's Del Charro hotel with everything free including meals and hot horse race tips ( more times than once ) if you are not a favored friend of the owner.

So, Hoover flying in to see and talk to his super wealthy and giving friends the Murchison's ( upon their asking ) even at odd hours is not so improbable on Hoover's part ... imo anyways.

Hoover traveled quite a lot. A 3 hour flight to Dallas would not have been a big deal to him.

And he very well could have dozed on the 3 hour flight back to DC as well.

Hoover liked the night life. Sometimes making the rounds of clubs in New York City, no? So, staying up late at night was not completely out of character for Hoover.

So, Hoover gets home at say 4:am the morning of 11,22,1963.

He catches a few hours of sleep and gets on with his day.

May Newman knew the Virginia Murchison's chauffer ( Jules Fiefer ) by name.

She knew John Murchison's cook Beulla May Holman.

Holman called May Newman and asked her if she wanted to come to the bigger Murchinson home that evening where Holman was preparing quail for the incoming guests. To help out one imagines.

Holman told May Newman she could see and possibly meet the guest of honor - Bulldog/Hoover- but Newman declined as she never heard of him. 

It would have been feasible at some point to find the Murchison family service staff and ask them to corroborate Newman's story about Hoover coming in to attend the Murchison get together the evening of 11/21/1963 except for the fact that no one came forward to report it until Madeline Brown and then May Newman finally did so.

Brown 25 years after the fact and Newman 40 years later?

Unfortunately by then those other service staff members were probably gone or even dead. 

I just watched the interview video of May Newman in the TMWKK documentary again. 

My long lifetime developed gut feeling instincts ( more accurately right than not ) tell me she was not lying or even exaggerating her account of the night of 11/21/1963 and the days following where the champagne and caviar flowed for a week in the Murchison households.

She said the mood in that family was joyous and happy right after JFK was killed through the entire next week!

You could sense May Newman's disgust in sharing that cold-hearted reaction of the Murchison family.

She made it a point to say she was the only one grieving over JFK's brutal killing.

You should review again May Newman's interview in chapter 9 of "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" doc.

Titled "The Guilty Men."

Watch closely Newman's eyes when she says she was the only one grieving for the loss of JFK in that Murchison celebration household.

You can really see and feel her sadness in recounting her being alone in her grief.

I assume Ms. Newman was Irish Catholic. Her people loved fellow Irish Catholic JFK more than any other foreign nation society.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 10/24/2023 at 1:32 AM, Joe Bauer said:

I don't know why so many JFKA debaters are so firmly accepting of the "Hoover wasn't there" proposition regards whether or not he actually did fly into Dallas the evening of 11,21,1963.

Maybe I've missed it...but is there absolute documented proof that Hoover never left DC the day or evening of 11,21,1963?

And did Hoover never travel by way of his own plane that didn't have to register a flight plan as the CIA and military often did?

May Newman gave a quite detailed account ( admittedly second hand ) of Hoover flying in because she was aware of Virginia Murchison's chauffer Jules Fiefer ( spelling? ) being sent out to pick up "Bulldog" and his also having to drive the departing Hoover back to the airport.

And when driver Fiefer came back to the Murchison household after his last Hoover drop off run to the airport Newman asked him if Hoover had given him a good tip?

To which driver Fiefer said no...as he was upset about the stiffing.

Some corroborating facts.

Hoover was known as a cheapskate.  So Newman's account of Fiefer's angst at being stiffed by Bulldog rings true. If Hoover was known as a big tipper Newman's story would be more suspect.

EVERYONE knew about Hoover's close relationship with the Murchisons.

You don't get flown out to sunny California to stay at Murchison's Del Charro hotel with everything free including meals and hot horse race tips ( more times than once ) if you are not a favored friend of the owner.

So, Hoover flying in to see and talk to his super wealthy and giving friends the Murchison's ( upon their asking ) even at odd hours is not so improbable on Hoover's part ... imo anyways.

Hoover traveled quite a lot. A 3 hour flight to Dallas would not have been a big deal to him.

And he very well could have dozed on the 3 hour flight back to DC as well.

Hoover liked the night life. Sometimes making the rounds of clubs in New York City, no? So, staying up late at night was not completely out of character for Hoover.

So, Hoover gets home at say 4:am the morning of 11,22,1963.

He catches a few hours of sleep and gets on with his day.

May Newman knew the Virginia Murchison's chauffer ( Jules Fiefer ) by name.

She knew John Murchison's cook Beulla May Holman.

Holman called May Newman and asked her if she wanted to come to the bigger Murchinson home that evening where Holman was preparing quail for the incoming guests. To help out one imagines.

Holman told May Newman she could see and possibly meet the guest of honor - Bulldog/Hoover- but Newman declined as she never heard of him. 

It would have been feasible at some point to find the Murchison family service staff and ask them to corroborate Newman's story about Hoover coming in to attend the Murchison get together the evening of 11/21/1963 except for the fact that no one came forward to report it until Madeline Brown and then May Newman finally did so.

Brown 25 years after the fact and Newman 40 years later?

Unfortunately by then those other service staff members were probably gone or even dead. 

I just watched the interview video of May Newman in the TMWKK documentary again. 

My long lifetime developed gut feeling instincts ( more accurately right than not ) tell me she was not lying or even exaggerating her account of the night of 11/21/1963 and the days following where the champagne and caviar flowed for a week in the Murchison households.

She said the mood in that family was joyous and happy right after JFK was killed through the entire next week!

You could sense May Newman's disgust in sharing that cold-hearted reaction of the Murchison family.

She made it a point to say she was the only one grieving over JFK's brutal killing.

You should review again May Newman's interview in chapter 9 of "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" doc.

Titled "The Guilty Men."

Watch closely Newman's eyes when she says she was the only one grieving for the loss of JFK in that Murchison celebration household.

You can really see and feel her sadness in recounting her being alone in her grief.

I assume Ms. Newman was Irish Catholic. Her people loved fellow Irish Catholic JFK more than any other foreign nation society.

Leaving aside the questionable nature of the evidence for Brown's claims about the party, I am struck by the sheer absurdity of the idea that LBJ, Nixon, and Hoover would have held any kind of a meeting the night before the shooting if they were involved in the plot.

Manchester says LBJ was at the same Ft. Worth hotel where JFK and Jackie stayed that night, and Lady Bird Johnson's biographer confirmed this. We know Hoover was in the DC on the day of the shooting. He was the one who notified RFK about it. He would have had to do an awful lot of flying in the space of about 10-12 hours to have attended the alleged party and made it back to DC. Yes, Nixon was in Dallas for a convention, but he had a protective detail with him, and there's no evidence he attended the alleged party.

You might get with Lisa Pease about Brown's story. Lisa does not buy it at all. 

Edited by Michael Griffith

3 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Leaving aside the questionable nature of the evidence for Brown's claims about the party, I am struck by the sheer absurdity of the idea that LBJ, Nixon, and Hoover would have held any kind of a meeting the night before the shooting if they were involved in the plot.

When the "richest men on Earth" in 1963 ( Texas Oil ) come calling to ask your presence for a personal meet up, even the likes of Nixon and LBJ himself take pause.

And what a remarkable coincidence. Both Nixon and LBJ just happened to be in Dallas at the same time and mere minutes away from the alleged Murchinson home that very evening?

Physically it was totally possible for LBJ and Nixon to have made that meeting. And LBJ may have only been there for 20 minutes. A 1 to 1 1/2 hour brief absence from his hotel including drive time would barely be noticed.

We all know Hoover was in the DC on the day of the shooting.

So? 

He could easily have made the meeting and got back to DC before dawn.

What is the documentation proving he was home with Tolson the entire evening before?

He ( Hoover ) was the one who notified RFK about it.

Again...so? What's that got to do with anything regards the evening before?

"He would have had to do an awful lot of flying in the space of about 10-12 hours to have attended the alleged party and made it back to DC." 

How about 8 to 10 hours?

Yes, Nixon was in Dallas for a convention, but he had a protective detail with him, and there's no evidence he attended the alleged party.

Why would Nixon have a protective detail? He was 3 years out of government office and only a Vice President while in. Extreme right-wing Dallas loved the guy.

And of course there's no evidence he was at the Murchison get together. It was "supposed" to be off the books.

Bottom line is Nixon was only minutes away from the Murchison home that entire evening.

Wonder what Lisa Pease has to say about 36 year long employ Virginia Murchison seamstress/companion May Newman's story. 

Newman had no publicity or money seeking bad integrity baggage at all like Madeline Brown.

How does Lisa Pease or anyone else explain Ms. Newman's Hoover story?

Misremembering? Exaggerated or even made up? Ms. Newman was mentally ill or suffering from dementia during her interview? Maybe sloshed to boot? 

I don't recall any published accounts of Newman detractors explaining away her Hoover story and her personal integrity.

I would think there might be "somebody" alive today that knew Virginia Murchison and remembered her domestic staff back in 1963. May Newman, Jules Fieffer and John Murchison's cook Beulla Holman as well.

Newman was employed by Virginia Murchison for 36 years!

Edited by Joe Bauer

When the "richest men on Earth" in 1963 ( Texas Oil ) come calling to ask your presence for an important personal meet up, even the likes of Nixon and LBJ himself take pause.

And what a remarkable coincidence. Both Nixon and LBJ just happened to be in Dallas at the same time and mere minutes away from the alleged Murchinson home that very evening?

Physically it was totally possible for LBJ and Nixon to have made that meeting. And LBJ may have only been there for 20 minutes. A 1 to 1 1/2 hour brief absence from his hotel including drive time would barely be noticed.

We all know Hoover was in DC on the day of the shooting.

So? 

He could easily have made the meeting the evening before and got back to DC before dawn.

What is the documentation proving he was home with Tolson the entire evening before?

"He would have had to do an awful lot of flying in the space of about 10-12 hours to have attended the alleged party and made it back to DC." 

How about 8 to 10 hours?

Yes, Nixon was in Dallas for a convention, but he had a protective detail with him, and there's no evidence he attended the alleged party.

Why would Nixon have a protective detail? He was 3 years out of government office and only a Vice President while in. Extreme right-wing Dallas loved the guy.

Nixon could have easily ducked his security detail.

Heck, as "President" Nixon did so. Drove by himself to pick up Jackie Gleason at his home in Florida one evening and took Gleason to the nearby Air Force base to show Gleason ET bodies.

I know, National Enquirer stuff...but even Jackie Gleason before he passed finally admitted this strange Nixon encounter.

And of course there's no evidence he ( Nixon ) was at the Murchison get together.

Of course not, it was "supposed" to be off the books.

Bottom line is Nixon was only minutes away from the Murchison home that entire evening.

Wonder what Lisa Pease has to say about 36 year long Virginia Murchison seamstress/companion employee May Newman's story?

Newman had no publicity or money seeking motive bad integrity baggage at all like Madeline Brown.

How does Lisa Pease or anyone else explain away or deflate Ms. Newman's Hoover story?

Misremembering? Exaggerated or even made up? Ms. Newman was mentally ill or suffering from dementia during her interview? Maybe sloshed to boot? 

I don't recall any published accounts of Newman detractors convincingly or even close to convincingly explaining away her Hoover story and her personal integrity.

I would think there might be "somebody" alive today that knew Virginia Murchison and remembered her domestic staff back in 1963. May Newman, Jules Fieffer and John Murchison's cook Beulla Holman as well.

Again, Newman was employed by Virginia Murchison for 36 years!

Edited by Joe Bauer

20 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

When the "richest men on Earth" in 1963 ( Texas Oil ) come calling to ask your presence for an important personal meet up, even the likes of Nixon and LBJ himself take pause.

We all know Hoover was in DC on the day of the shooting.

So? 

He could easily have made the meeting the evening before and got back to DC before dawn.

How about 8 to 10 hours?

Nixon could have easily ducked his security detail.

Heck, as "President" Nixon did so. Drove by himself to pick up Jackie Gleason at his home in Florida one evening and took Gleason to the nearby Air Force base to show Gleason ET bodies.

I know, National Enquirer stuff...but even Jackie Gleason before he passed finally admitted this strange Nixon encounter.

And of course there's no evidence he ( Nixon ) was at the Murchison get together.

Of course not, it was "supposed" to be off the books.

Wonder what Lisa Pease has to say about 36 year long employ Virginia Murchison seamstress/companion May Newman's story. 

Newman had no publicity or money seeking bad integrity baggage at all like Madeline Brown.

How does Lisa Pease or anyone else explain Ms. Newman's Hoover story?

I don't recall any published accounts of Newman detractors explaining away her Hoover story and her personal integrity.

Newman was employed by Virginia Murchison for 36 years!

Still? You're still defending this stuff?

I thought the research community had repudiated the likes of Madeleine Brown and Fletcher Prouty years ago. When I joined this forum last year, I never expected to find posts, much less entire threads, that defended the crazy, nutty claims of Brown and Prouty.

On 10/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, Michael Griffith said:

Still? You're still defending this stuff?

I thought the research community had repudiated the likes of Madeleine Brown and Fletcher Prouty years ago. When I joined this forum last year, I never expected to find posts, much less entire threads, that defended the crazy, nutty claims of Brown and Prouty.

I defend Madeline Brown with many reservations.

The woman had Lyndon Baines Johnson's baby Man!

She had dozens of the most intimate kind of encounters with LBJ over almost 20 years! Many overnighters.

Common sense tells you she and LBJ must have had "some" pillow talk conversations.

Especially after the JFKA.

Her long-term intimate relationship with LBJ surely gave her enough courage to ask him at least something about the biggest crime mystery event in American history after 11,22,1963.

One that took place right in her home state and town!

One that placed LBJ in the office of the presidency.

I could easily see MB asking LBJ at least some minor questions about it and her description of his reaction rings so true relative to LBJ's known temper and touchy feelings about the assassination itself.

LBJ showed his loud cursing anger to many.

LBJ even had very loud and animated arguments with JFK and RFK. We know this as fact.

LBJ's bellowing, loud cursing anger at MB's questions about the JFKA makes total sense.

MB's claim in this regards rings true to me. 

You don't mention 36 year long Virginia Murchison employee May Newman and her 11,21,1963 Murchison house meet up story and her detailed description of what she heard and saw that evening.

I sense you don't because you can't find any information that impugns her character and background.

I focus on her much more that Madeline Brown.

May Newman's Hoover/Bulldog story regards the evening of 11,21,1963 is more innocently motivated honest sounding than Madeline Brown's.

If May Newman told the truth in her one filmed interview, it blows the lid off of one major aspect to the Murchison meet up story. That it happened and Hoover did attend.

I don't see Hoover best friend LBJ ("like brothers") knowing Hoover was in town ( and was it an honoring event for Hoover? ) and just minutes away that evening, and not feeling he should at least pop in and see him if only for a few minutes.

I believe the May Newman Hoover/Bulldog story. And I feel it's importance is much greater than has been reported.

Lastly, Hoover and his live in companion Clyde Tolson were so broken up over JFK's horrifically brutal slaughter in Dallas on Friday, 11/22/1963 they decided to ease their grief by donning their finest polo fashion duds and cheerfully playing the ponies at Pimlico just 2 days later?

While most everyone in our society was still experiencing epic shock and sadness and feeling great anxiety and unsureness about everything all around them throughout the weekend?

Then all that anxiety and grief was heightened even more by Oswald's murder ( main witness lossed ) in the Dallas PD building less than 48 hours after JFK?

You would think our top G-Man in the country would have shown more somber respect than going out to play just two days after his President was slaughtered in broad daylight.

Edited by Joe Bauer

15 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

When I joined this forum last year, I never expected to find posts, much less entire threads, that defended the crazy, nutty claims of Brown and Prouty.

This is the JFK Assassination Debate Forum, Mike. Not the What Mike Believes Forum.

9 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

This is the JFK Assassination Debate Forum, Mike. Not the What Mike Believes Forum.

And we wonder why so many academics and journalists view the JFKA conspiracy case as being as bizarre and implausible as the theories about fake Moon landings, 9/11 being an inside job, a missile hitting the Pentagon on 9/11, the Holocaust being a Jewish propaganda hoax, Princess Diana being assassinated by British intelligence, etc., etc.