The Education Forum

Angleton, the evil mastermind of the CIA. Jeff Morley talks to Lew Rockwell.

If we are discussing Angleton, and Dulles on my part in relation to Jeff and Ghost, he did expose Joannides as well as Anne Goodpastue through What Jane Roman Said.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/obit/2002/11/the_gentlemanly_planner_of_assassinations.html

Helms was good for black ops.  Angleton was there for invisible op's.

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angelton was there breaking in to Mary Meyer's sturdio 2x looking for her diary if you believe the future Editor of the Washington Post, Bradlee at the time, whether one believes any of Janey otherwise or not.   Then he showed up on the doorstep of Win Scott's widow the day after he died to search his office including the safe and confiscate it's contents.  A manuscript, possibly contradicting Phillips official story or implicating him.  Tapes of Oswald?

Think about it.  Scott dies of a heart attack in Mexico City.  Angleton is there in 24-36 hours from Washington.  He must have thought there was something of import to rush there and confiscate.  Something that disappeared from history.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

That article from Slate is really problematic.

First, Morley uses Thomas Powers as an authority on Helms.  Powers was his authorized biographer.  Helms sat for four long interviews with him.  There is no way in the world I would trust that kind of book. Powers used it to elevate his career as an author.

And this is apparently where Morley gets the angle that Kennedy authorized the CIA to go after Castro.  Morley does not note that the declassified  IG report states this is false.  The authors of that report write that there was no presidential approval on the plots that CIA could use as a pretext.  But further, if you go to Bill Davy's fine talk at VMI, which is online, you will see that the Church Committee interview with the co author of the report was declassified by the ARRB.  He was specifically asked about this point.  He said no less than  three times that they could uncover no hint of presidential approval or involvement in the plots.The plots were simply internal to the CIA. In Lisa Pease's upcoming book on the RFK case, there will be even more proof on this point.  Which IMO will conclude this whole time wasting diversion.

But also in the interview with that co author, he commented that Helms did not like their conclusion.  And he ditched the copy they had made, so there was only one ribbon copy-- which Helms kept in his safe. The co author also said that when he voiced a negative opinion of the whole idea of assassination solving problems by itself, Helms did not like that either.  BTW, when he was about to pass away, Bugliosi called him and Helms admitted that there was never any Kennedy involvement in the plots. Which is about the only thing of any worth in the giant waste of paper called RH.

So, to me, anyone who says different has not done their homework on the subject.  And, for whatever reason, they are arguing from a preconceived position.   As I said, the MSM likes this stuff because it helps them get off the hook for covering up the murders of both Kennedys.  We are supposed to be devoted to a higher standard.

The Borghese thing is early in the book.

So interesting that Clay Shaw had that name in his address book.

Anthony T linked to a whole book on that rightwing family that Shaw --the alleged Wilson-Roosevelt-Kennedy liberal-- so liked.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:33 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Morley uses Thomas Powers as an authority on Helms.  Powers was his authorized biographer.  Helms sat for four long interviews with him.  There is no way in the world I would trust that kind of book. Powers used it to elevate his career as an author.

And this is apparently where Morley gets the angle that Kennedy authorized the CIA to go after Castro.  Morley does not note that the declassified  IG report states this is false.

Exactly 

Rob:

I just began the Morley book, and then   I had to discontinue reading it since my publisher wanted me to redo a section in Reclaiming Parkland.  They are going to reissue it with a new title and new artwork etc.  And they wanted me to add more material on Hanks and Spielberg.  Evidently, a lot of people think that is an interesting part of the book.  Which it is since it directly relates to the current power structure.

But before I review Morley's book I have to go back and brush up on one or two books on the subject of Angleton.  There have been at least 3.5 books on the guy.  I count Martin's as a half since that is  dual biography of Angleton and Harvey.

And yes that is notable about Angleton and Gelli, since P 2 was a really mysterious and sinister group that much too little work has been done on.

3 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And yes that is notable about Angleton and Gelli, since P 2 was a really mysterious and sinister group that much too little work has been done on.

Yes, especially since two fundamental friends of Gelli, who immensely helped him reaching the head of P2 were part of Centro Mondiale Commerciale

Just now, James DiEugenio said:

But before I review Morley's book I have to go back and brush up on one or two books on the subject of Angleton

Jim, Thanks for keeping me posted. I'd like to arrange to do an interview with you about the book once it's finished and I have a chance to carefully read the revised version. This is my email: rob_couteau@yahoo.com I also have a piece of info that I'd like to pass along to you.