The Education Forum

5'10"

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

That may not strictly be the case however. As I said to David Joseph, I think the Harvey Lee Oswald persona was created long before we knew it to be, but by who or why or how, I don't know. And, it, or may not, be connected to John Armstrong's Harvey and Lee. I think these are two separate issues.

I think this persona, or dossier was created and shared across all spectrums of the intelligence community. You have it showing up in FBI files, CIA, Secret Service, Army and Navy Intelligence, Dallas Police Criminal Intelligence. It would explain a lot, like Revill's list of TSBD employees."

Steve Thomas

In November, 2017 in the Harvey Lee Oswald thread, I wrote:

Warren Commission Document 498 - SS Rowley Memorandum of 13 Mar 1964 Forwarding Reports

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10898&search="Harvey_Lee+Oswald"#relPageId=37&tab=page

pp. 37-38.

The Report is titled, Harvey Lee Oswald.

SS Protective Research Report by Kenneth J. Weisman of an interview with Billy Joe Lord, who traveled to Europe with Oswald aboard the SS Marion Lykes. Lord constantly refers to “Harvey Lee Oswald” whom he found to be “unfriendly, standoffish, and that the two of them “didn't hit off”. (p. 38.)

The Report was written by Weisman on February 28, 1964 and approved by a Jose(?) (Benavides?)(sic?) on March 2, 1964.

You might say that Harvey Lee Oswald was a simple transposition, but you'd have to believe that a trained investigator made the same mistake seven times in the same document.

This wasn't a mistake, Weisman was reading off a script of some kind.”

This report was written in February, after the name Lee Harvey Oswald as the President's alleged assassin had been broadcast in the media an estimated 5 billion, one hundred gazillion times.

I got to thinking about Bill Harvey's ZR Rifle notes, and his talk about backstopping and creating fake 201 files. I wonder if the creation of this “personna” or “dossier” tracks back to Oswald's fake defection to the USSR. I've been puzzled about why this Harvey Lee Oswald shows up in Russian files.

A letter from Anatoly Dobrynin to the U.S. State Department concerning Harvey Lee Oswald's request for Soviet citizenship is dated December 11, 1963. It says that Harvey Lee Oswald's request for USSR Citizenship was denied. It doesn't say when he applied for that citizenship, but the character reference memo from the Minsk Radio factory is dated December 11, 1961 and refers to “Citizen” Harvey Lee Oswald.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1135&relPageId=447&search=%22Harvey_Lee%20Oswald%22

On page 433 of that CE 985 it says that “Citizen” Harvey Lee Oswald was hired as a regulator at the Minsk Radio Plant on January 13, 1960.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1135&relPageId=447&search=%22Harvey_Lee%20Oswald%22

Was just the fact that this Harvey Lee Oswald shows up in Russian files an indication that US intelligence been penetrated in some way?

Did this Harvey Lee Oswald dossier show him as being 5'10" weighing 165lbs with wavy brown hair and blue eyes as the October 10, 1963 Lee Henry Cable indicates?

Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

In November, 2017 in the Harvey Lee Oswald thread, I wrote:

Warren Commission Document 498 - SS Rowley Memorandum of 13 Mar 1964 Forwarding Reports

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10898&search="Harvey_Lee+Oswald"#relPageId=37&tab=page

pp. 37-38.

The Report is titled, Harvey Lee Oswald.

SS Protective Research Report by Kenneth J. Weisman of an interview with Billy Joe Lord, who traveled to Europe with Oswald aboard the SS Marion Lykes. Lord constantly refers to “Harvey Lee Oswald” whom he found to be “unfriendly, standoffish, and that the two of them “didn't hit off”. (p. 38.)

The Report was written by Weisman on February 28, 1964 and approved by a Jose(?) (Benavides?)(sic?) on March 2, 1964.

You might say that Harvey Lee Oswald was a simple transposition, but you'd have to believe that a trained investigator made the same mistake seven times in the same document.

This wasn't a mistake, Weisman was reading off a script of some kind.”

This report was written in February, after the name Lee Harvey Oswald as the President's alleged assassin had been broadcast in the media an estimated 5 billion, one hundred gazillion times.

I got to thinking about Bill Harvey's ZR Rifle notes, and his talk about backstopping and creating fake 201 files. I wonder if the creation of this “personna” or “dossier” tracks back to Oswald's fake defection to the USSR. I've been puzzled about why this Harvey Lee Oswald shows up in Russian files.

A letter from Anatoly Dobrynin to the U.S. State Department concerning Harvey Lee Oswald's request for Soviet citizenship is dated December 11, 1963. It says that Harvey Lee Oswald's request for USSR Citizenship was denied. It doesn't say when he applied for that citizenship, but the character reference memo from the Minsk Radio factory is dated December 11, 1961 and refers to “Citizen” Harvey Lee Oswald.

On page 433 of that CE 985 it says that “Citizen” Harvey Lee Oswald was hired as a regulator at the Minsk Radio Plant on January 13, 1960.

Was just the fact that this Harvey Lee Oswald shows up in Russian files an indication that US intelligence been penetrated in some way?

Did this Harvey Lee Oswald dossier show him as being 5'10" weighing 165lbs with wavy brown hair and blue eyes as the October 10, 1963 Lee Henry Cable indicates?

Steve Thomas

Interesting question. It would seem obvious that both KGB and CIA (US Intel) would be penetrated to some degree by the other. 

Let's go back to Officer Marion Baker.  Did he have a walkie-talkie?  The Couch film doesn't show that.  It is too vague.  Probably the only hand radio around at that time was the military AN-PRC-6.  It is a large clumsy instrument not of much value.  I think there is a civilian version available at that time.  So, scratch the idea of a hand radio.

Officer Baker had a radio on his motor bike.  It was probably similar to the military AN-PRC-25.  This was the military platoon radio and quite good. 

Officer Baker was on the second floor in about 1 minute 30 seconds after the assassination.  Let's give him 2 minutes and say he was confronting Oswald at 12:32 in the 2nd floor break room.  That's the official story.  But, is it true?  Let's say that he and Roy Truly traveled to the 7th floor and back down to the first floor in 10 minutes.  It is now 12:42 and 6 minutes before the APB goes out with the description at 12:48.  Does Baker now have enough time to call in his description of the man met on the 3rd or 4th floor from his motor bike radio and a decision be made down at headquarters to put out an APB?  Is there enough time for this?  I don't think so but, it is a possibility.

What I think happened is later that afternoon or evening when Officer Baker made his 11-22-63 statement he simply used the common description that was out and about for his description of the man he and Truly met on the 3rd or 4th floor.

This is the real nub of the Baker / Truly problem.  The meeting of the man on the 3rd or 4th floor was changed to the meeting of Oswald in the 2nd floor break room.  Roy Truly knew who this man was.  He never said who it was.  And, he was never asked by anyone.  The 2nd floor break room story is a hoax designed to cover the identity of the 3rd or 4th floor man and switch the attention to Harvey Oswald, the man killed by Jack Ruby.  Roy Truly could have identified this man because he told Baker that he was an employee.

Edited by John Butler