The Education Forum

Canadian believes father took photo of 2nd assassin

Hello Micah:

I have not looked at my Norman Similas files for years, literally,  but I will try to make time this week to see what I can find that might be of use to you. As far as the photo allegedly "produced by Norman Similas...which appeared in the Liberty magazine" again I don't have this article in front of me. As I recall, again going from memory, was this the image of the sixth floor southeast corner window that appears as the piece of a jigsaw puzzle that was in the upper right-hand corner on the Liberty magazine page? Again, this is going from memory...

I will also re-post the portion of the first volume of "Forgotten" regarding the true history of the 6.5mm WCC ammunition that you and Jean were discussing in a different thread..but again this may take me a day or so.

Gary

2 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I am not 100% sure, but I´d think it´s from the William Allen series. A number of those are very much like it, just seconds or minutes between them as it seems andal taken from the same approx. distance. But again,  I´m not 100% sure.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth184796/m1/1/

You are correct on this, Jean, in that it was one of the press photographers present in the plaza just after the shooting. I am not certain if it was from William Allen or Jim Murray or a fellow photographer and I have been searching my collection to find this specific image but to date, no luck . What I am absolutely certain of is that this image used by Liberty magazine was NOT taken by Norman Similas.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, John... this is greatly appreciated. I distinctly remember trying to get my hands on some of this material many decades ago. What little I did acquire via NARA and RCMP, Winnipeg, Manitoba, came so heavily redacted that it was unreadable.

I am dealing with some famil related serious health issues at the moment but do intend to give these files a long look as soon as I can find the time.

Again, thank you...

Gary

Just popping onto the thread.

A couple of simple thought / common sense questions:

Obviously this Norman Similas character was a disturbed fraud.

Surprised anyone would spend as much time as they did trying to contact and recontact and recontact him as many times as they did. Seems from the "first two weeks" of lies and evasiveness alone it would be enough to realize what a kook and a waste of time he was.

Secondly; Did "anyone" ever take any pictures of the views out of the Dealey Plaza facing windows of the County Jail 5th and 6th floors?

How can anyone make a decision as to the validity of some prisoner's stating they could see the TXSBD 6th floor windows and did or did not see two men in one or more?

When the researchers were allowed into the jail building 5th and 6th floor holding cells, wouldn't one of their top research priorities be to get "some actual pictures" of the Dealey Plaza and TXSBD views from the windows the prisoners stated they were looking out of that day?

Edited by Joe Bauer