The Education Forum

DP Ass'n Photos are few and far between

A very good post and only slightly hijacked.. ;)  Sorry Bart...

Here is the corrected overlay of DP showing what was photographed (or frame grabbed for Bronson/Nix) related to the Ass'n sequence.

993773757_DPphotosofmotorcadeduringassassination.thumb.jpg.5d8b1608f1998b6e9815ef81a77b5c14.jpg

I also ponder the question... why not take Elm instead of Main?  It remains parallel to Main for the same stretch and no turn would have been necessary...

Just wondering aloud...

1923675437_WhynotElmforthemotorcade.jpg.198f404b1f84ca2c15692457a1dff353.jpg

This might be helpful in understanding David's excellent map and notions.  This shows the location of the known photographers in Dealey Plaza.  It leaves gaps that should have had photographers in them taking photos of the President as he passed by.

dealey_plaza_photos_1a.jpg

And, this is the second part when the President was at the Houston and Elm intersection.  What these two maps do is to simplify by removing extra things on the map other than photographers.

dealey_plaza_photos_1_Part_2.jpg

I don't think I missed any known photographers.  If I did you can add them to this work.  The location of the photographers are general and not to the exact dot location.

Edited by John Butler

I looked at all the photos I could find of the places along this route.  I found 30+ unknown photographers and about 16 that could possibly have a camera.  A good deal of the imagery was vague or somewhat distorted.  There could be argument on some of these I speak of along the route.  Some could be said to be waving their hand or clapping hands.  But, many had objects in there hands that looked like cameras.

I left out controversial camera men such as Bob Yeargan or Prayer Man who has a camera on Elm Street. 

Edited by John Butler