The Education Forum

JFK Autopsy Photo decoded?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

The "crack" on the forehead is actually the handle of a scalpel sticking out of the cranium.

crackinthefacade.jpg

Pat,  I don't get it.  Can you elaborate.Did you see the image that I drew over?  Trying to understand where the handle of a tool comment.

5 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Pat,  I don't get it.  Can you elaborate.Did you see the image that I drew over?  Trying to understand where the handle of a tool comment.

I spent several years analyzing this photo. My curiosity about it led to my youtube series, the Mysterious Death of Number 35. Several years after completing this series, I stumbled upon an image sent me when I first started researching the case. It was the other mystery photo. (The photos were taken in pairs, so that the wounds could be studied stereoscopically.) In any event, I created a series of morph gifs of these two photos and discovered the unexpected. The black line down the forehead (when someone incorrectly assumes the photos show the skull from the front), that has long been perceived as a crack, is actually the handle to an instrument sticking out of the cranium. These morphs are towards the end of Chapter 14 at patspeer.com. 

(I tried to add a link to one of the morphs here but was unsuccessful).

Note that the light highlights along the supposed crack shift between the two photos. This is not a crack showing the internal skull below the bone but an object above the bone, viewed from two slightly different angles. Note also that below the bone and within the skull cavity is the handle of another instrument. 

Edited by Pat Speer

12 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

I spent several years analyzing this photo. My curiosity about it led to my youtube series, the Mysterious Death of Number 35. Several years after completing this series, I stumbled upon an image sent me when I first started researching the case. It was the other mystery photo. (The photos were taken in pairs, so that the wounds could be studied stereoscopically.) In any event, I created a series of morph gifs of these two photos and discovered the unexpected. The black line down the forehead (when someone incorrectly assumes the photos show the skull from the front), that has long been perceived as a crack, is actually the handle to an instrument sticking out of the cranium. These morphs are towards the end of Chapter 14 at patspeer.com. Here's a link to the clearest one:

Note that the light highlights along the supposed crack shift between the two photos. This is not a crack showing the internal skull below the bone but an object above the bone, viewed from two slightly different angles. Note also that below the bone and within the skull cavity is the handle of another instrument. 

image.png

Do you have a hi-res image you can share so I can inspect?

3 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Do you have a hi-res image you can share so I can inspect?

It's all there in chapter 14.

But to save you time. Here's something I put together for the most famous mystery photo.

Lettherebelightgray.jpg

Edited by Pat Speer

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

It's all there in chapter 14.

But to save you time. Here's something I put together for the most famous mystery photo.

Lettherebelightgray.jpg

Pat, what do you think about Joe Riley's identification of the left parietal foramen in these photos? 

11 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Pat, what do you think about Joe Riley's identification of the left parietal foramen in these photos? 

If that were the left parietal foramen, then the photo would be taken with the body flat on its back, right? Well, then where are the shoulders? And why does the drainage hole prove the photo was taken at an angle to the table? And what's that 15 by 6 hole on the left side of the head? And, oh yeah, shouldn't the sagittal suture be apparent to the right and above the supposed foramen?

I've never been completely satisfied with anyone's understanding of this photo, not even my own. But I'm convinced that what I've long claimed is the EOP bullet entrance is just that (because what else could it be? Some have said it's a hole where the left ear used to be but that's just wacky), and that the so-called "crack" is really an instrument handle. (I went back and read some of the earlier pages, and saw that you'd mentioned the instrument handle. Thanks.)

Edited by Pat Speer

8 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

If that were the left parietal foramen, then the photo would be taken with the body flat on its back, right? Well, then where are the shoulders? And why does the drainage hole prove the photo was taken at an angle to the table? And what's that 15 by 6 hole on the left side of the head? And, oh yeah, shouldn't the sagittal suture be apparent to the right and above the supposed foramen?

I've never been completely satisfied with anyone's understanding of this photo, not even my own. But I'm convinced that what I've long claimed is the EOP bullet entrance is just that (because what else could it be? Some have said it's a hole where the left ear used to be but that's just wacky), and that the so-called "crack" is really an instrument handle. (I went back and read some of the earlier pages, and saw that you'd mentioned the instrument handle. Thanks.)

Depends on how the head is tilted, maybe? 

I tried this:

lWVC9Fq.jpg

To reiterate my comments in another thread, the picture quality is horrible.