The Education Forum

Warren De Brueys

Joe Bauer

Could someone link me to past threads regarding Warren De Brueys.

Was De Brueys ever called to testify to the WC or any other JFK assassination investigative body? 

If not, this is very surprising.   How close to Guy Bannister was De Brueys?

No question about that one.

And as he was being questioned by the HSCA, he kept on reporting back to the FBI as to how much he thought the HSCA knew and what he should say if they called him back.

Is it just a coincidence they sent to Dallas after to run the inquiry for the first FBI report.  Which by the way was so bad that even the WC rejected it. I mean how bad is bad?

I have been reading De Bruey's Church Committee testimony.

What an obfuscating farce.

He says he isn't sure, not quite sure, can't recall, I think, it's possible, might have, could be, not my area or primary job, etc. etc. so many times it's half his testimony.

When Senator Richard Schweiker asked De Brueys to swear to the "truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth" oath in giving his testimony De Bruey's response is ... " I do...to the best of my knowledge."

"To the best of my knowledge" ???

How can anyone hear a sworn witness add on an oddly superfluous caveat like that in their swearing to tell the truth before God ( it's always " I do " ) without immediately sensing some suspicion and doubt regards their true intent to honor this oath?

De Brueys clearly evades, holds back and downplays so much in his answers.

His answers about Carlos Marcello and how little he knew about or investigated him are simply ridiculous.

Did Oswald ask to speak to the FBI upon being arrested by the N.O. police after his leaflet passing scuffle with Carlos Bringuier or did he not?

So far I haven't read any questions to De Brueys about his relationship with Guy Banister.

I have to guess he and Banister were close simply because of their shared career affiliations.

Note: De Brueys does answer these questions in his later HSCA testimony, although sparingly.

Did the Warren Commission speak to De Brueys?  

If not, why not?

His time in Dallas was directly connected to the JFK assassination and his personal knowledge of Oswald's N.O. activities would seem to beg for more inquiry.

And the W.C. witness Orest Pena's testimony is so full of intriguing mention of De Brueys including Pena's belief that Oswald actually worked in some way with De Brueys it's mind blowing the WC wouldn't want to know more.

Edited by Joe Bauer

In my humble opinion, Mr. De Brueys, carried many secrets to his grave. When anyone cannot answer simple questions without adding "I don't recall" that to me is indicative of someone hedging their bets, while covering their own butts, while also appeasing the entrenched cover up apparatus. 

13 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

In my humble opinion, Mr. De Brueys, carried many secrets to his grave. When anyone cannot answer simple questions without adding "I don't recall" that to me is indicative of someone hedging their bets, while covering their own butts, while also appeasing the entrenched cover up apparatus. 

For sure.

He could remember specific things and then say he couldn't recall specific things regards his activities during the same time periods.

Very selective recall.