The Education Forum

Will Fritz that Masterful Detective

From ROKC site, formerly run by Greg Parker now by Stan Dane:

"I instructed James R Leavelle to handcuff his left hand to the prisoner's right hand. The prisoner was already handcuffed. I instructed LC Graves to walk to his left and LD Montgomery directly behind him, and I told them I would walk directly in front of the prisoner out of the door to the car."
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/06/0652-002.gif

If Fritz does not break formation, Oswald probably makes it to trial.

FBI interview of 23-year former Dallas attorney Travis Kirk both in the prosecutor's office as well as a defense attorney:

"...it is entirely possible and probable that Fritz had deliberately arranged to have Oswald shot in order to closethe case." 
He had nothing specific to go by, but "based his opinions solely on his knowledge of the methods used by Mr. Fritz." 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10486&relPageId=88 

BTW, Kirk ran for office twice in the area, once in the forties and once in the fifties.  So in those 23 years as an attorney he really knew what was going on in the city. 

The combination of Will Fritz and DA Henry Wade made for the most corrupt system of justice may be in all of the US at that time. I'm not even sure they were working with the "killers" or "planners", this is just the way they ran Dallas. I wonder if they have living family and what they have said since. Sometimes what is said in the family is the truth. Wonder what they know. The killers picked the right city and the right police force.

I agree with you.

IMO, the plot came from higher up.  They understood they needed a really corrupt local police force to go along with them.

Could not have done any better than Wade and Fritz.  That was a ten strike.

It has always puzzled me looking at the film of Oswald being shot, how Fritz does not look back at all until after everyone has realized what happened.  And those two horns going off in sync with Oswald entering the foyer and Ruby jumping forward.  I mean its like watching a segment from The Twilight Zone.

Then we find out how many innocent defendants the Wade/Fritz regime put in jail, some on death row.  And then how systematic the whole thing was.  I mean Wade wrote a handbook on how to pick a jury that would convict anyone. 

And this local attorney said it would not surprise him at all if Fritz decided to give thumbs down to Oswald.

Picking Dallas was Bingo.  In retrospect, for the success of the plot, its better that Chicago and Tampa did not play out.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Much cleaner with no Oswald. It tidies everything up, imagine the spotlight that case would have put on Dallas, would have been the trial of the century. Clears up the Tippett trial as well. DPD off the hook.

Dallas was also the home of “The Hollywood of the midwest” (Jamison’s) so any photo / movie editing could be done efficiently with the most modern equipment available.

With the work that Joe McBride did on the Tippit case, that convinced me even more that Dallas was picked for its reprehensible police force.

I give Joe credit for writing a book that is essentially about the Tippit case.  Because that case is so much less glamorous than the JFK case. 

But he did it, and he did a creditable job.  And by doing so he focused on the DPD and just how rightwing they are and the amount of KKK guys that were on the force and what they felt about Kennedy.  That four part series I did on the Kennedys and civil rights helped show why they felt the way they did.  Remember Leavelle's comment:  John Kennedy's murder was no more important to us than a south Dallas killing of a N word.  

TIppit being shot, now that was something important.

Who the heck was a good guy on the DPD?

And what the heck was Tippit doing across the viaduct, pulling over the car, at the Tip Top Record Store, and then so far out of position at 10th and Patton?

When all is said and done, Westbrook might have been in on it.

IMO, and if you read my article "The Tippit Case in the New Millennium",  the information would seem to indicate that Tippit was looking for someone.

He failed to find him, and then made  a phone call. He then got redirected to 10th and Patton.

Once there, the plot really thickens.  As you can read in my piece, the testimony of Doris Holan, another witness the WC could not find, really makes it appear that the cops were already there before Tippit arrived. And with the whole Oswald wallet being dropped there, it really makes it appear that Tippit was a fall guy.

I have not really read Armstrong's latest piece on this--I just browsed through it-- but from what I understand he seems to think Westbrook was the key to this part of the plot. And boy was it effective. With that police force, Oswald was pretty much a dead man once they got the wallet and the call to the Texas Theater. 

(Maybe Hargrove can post a link to John's latest article on this.)

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Who the heck was a good guy on the DPD?

And what the heck was Tippit doing across the viaduct, pulling over the car, at the Tip Top Record Store, and then so far out of position at 10th and Patton?

When all is said and done, Westbrook might have been in on it.

Good! More worthless liars and scumbags!

In James DiEugenio's fantasy world, it was The World Vs. The Patsy.

Obligatory -------> Eyeroll-Icon-Blogspot.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

Still waiting for DVP to come clean on Bookhout's joint report w Hosty and his solo report.....the differences are staggering, but no just ignore, deny or walk away.....

40 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Good! More worthless liars and scumbags!

In James DiEugenio's fantasy world, it was The World Vs. The Patsy.

Obligatory -------> Eyeroll-Icon-Blogspot.gif

The DPD was corrupt. There are many examples including the doc The Thin Blue Line. Do you disagree?