The Education Forum

James Jenkins -- his story

On 3/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, Pat Speer said:

No one disputed that the brain was heavily damaged. So what difference does it make what weight they wrote down?

The most logical assumption is that they wrote down what they thought his brain would have weighed when intact. 

Pat Speer, with all due respect which you have well earned with your years of research efforts, the above quotes leave me kind of speechless.

"So what difference does it make what weight they wrote down?"

Regards JFK's bullet wounded brain?

The condition and weight of JFK's brain was one of the most basic, important and necessary aspects of an autopsy which was performed in great part to discover scientific fact clues that would help solve perhaps the most important crime in our history.

JFK's skull and brain was the main point of entry for his death causing injuries.

This part of JFK's body would of course be the number one most important focus of any investigative examination effort in trying to solve his murder case.

The condition of JFK's skull and brain is "everything" in this case.

Point of bullet entry, angle of entry, amount and type of skull and brain injuries, BRAIN MATTER LOSS  ( type, location and extent ) all these points to help identify which type of bullet, distance of shot, fragmentation amount, types, location, and on and on.

After injury brain weight is such an important aspect of this type of investigative fact finding effort, to say "what difference does it make what weight they wrote down" ...  ??? 

An assumption that Humes ( and Boswell?) "wrote down would they thought his brain would have weighed when intact" is extremely "illogical" to me because I can't accept that these two doctors would not be totally aware of the importance of substituting guesswork in the place of scientific fact in their final autopsy report which they knew would be incredibly scrutinized and was perhaps the most important physical injury evidential aspect of the criminal investigation of JFK's murder.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/27/2019 at 8:03 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Pat Speer, with all due respect which you have well earned with your years of research efforts, the above quotes leave me kind of speechless.

"So what difference does it make what weight they wrote down?"

Regards JFK's bullet wounded brain?

The condition and weight of JFK's brain was one of the most basic, important and necessary aspects of an autopsy which was performed in great part to discover scientific fact clues that would help solve perhaps the most important crime in our history.

JFK's skull and brain was the main point of entry for his death causing injuries.

This part of JFK's body would of course be the number one most important focus of any investigative examination effort in trying to solve his murder case.

The condition of JFK's skull and brain is "everything" in this case.

Point of bullet entry, angle of entry, amount and type of skull and brain injuries, BRAIN MATTER LOSS  ( type, location and extent ) all these points to help identify which type of bullet, distance of shot, fragmentation amount, types, location, and on and on.

After injury brain weight is such an important aspect of this type of investigative fact finding effort, to say "what difference does it make what weight they wrote down" ...  ??? 

An assumption that Humes ( and Boswell?) "wrote down would they thought his brain would have weighed when intact" is extremely "illogical" to me because I can't accept that these two doctors would not be totally aware of the importance of substituting guesswork in the place of scientific fact in their final autopsy report which they knew would be incredibly scrutinized and was perhaps the most important physical injury evidential aspect of the criminal investigation of JFK's murder.

The weight of the brain is meaningless, forensically speaking. (It would only have meaning if they knew the size of the brain before Kennedy was assassinated.) It is the damage to the brain that is important. Since Humes and Boswell acknowledged there was extensive damage to the brain, it seems highly unlikely they were trying to conceal that the brain was badly damaged. This leaves one of two possibilities.

1) The brain really did weigh 1500 grams when weighed during the supplemental examination (which I consider slightly possible.)

2) They thought weighing the badly damaged brain a bit gruesome and just wrote down 1500 as an approximation of what they thought his brain would have weighed if it hadn't been blasted. (I consider this highly likely.)

If 2 is true, moreover, it was among the least of Humes and Boswell's mistakes. Let's not forget that they failed to examine the neck muscles (wha?) and failed to section the brain (hubba wha?).  These were far worse "mistakes" and were quite possibly not even mistakes, but deliberate errors designed to hide that Kennedy had received more wounds than thought possible from one shooter. 

The unlikely number provided for the brain weight, on the other hand, hid nothing. 

Edited by Pat Speer