The Education Forum

Bloomfield / Osborne

Miami Herald April 7, 2019

A body was found at the home of an original Disney Mouseketeer who was first reported missing in July, according to The Oregonian.

The human remains were found Thursday at 510 Pine St. in Phoenix, Oregon, according to an Oregon State Police news release obtained by the Mail Tribune. That’s the home of 76-year-old Dennis W. Day, the Oregon newspaper reported.

Day is “a longtime Southern Oregon resident missing since July who is known for his childhood acting gig as a ‘Mouseketeer’ in the 1956-57 seasons of Disney’s ‘Mickey Mouse Club’ TV show,” the Mail Tribune reported.

He was “once among the most famous child performers on American television,” USA Today reported. “He danced and sang on millions of black-and-white TVs across the nation, wearing the iconic mouse-ear beanie and sweaters emblazoned with his name.”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Kowalski, Thanks for your review of the Metta book. The book is not very well organized or edited (although certainly worth reading), and so your review has proved helpful in getting through it. As a book reviewer myself, I can imagine that reviewing it would not be an easy task.

Edited by Rob Couteau

Rob:

It was a very difficult task. Poorly edited meant that the narrative was difficult to understand. Having no index made this job extremely difficult. Had to re-read whole sections of the book to locate information about people or events that I was looking for. His over reliance on connections also made the book difficult to follow because in his effort to overwhelm the reader with  connections, he would go off on a tangent describing some people or events, that the original point being made would be lost.

18 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Gene:

You raise an interesting point about Disney's connection to Helliwell and his use of front companies to buy land. Helliwell was connected to the CIA and anti-Castro operations, makes me wonder if Disney worked with Helliwell on any of his anti-Castro operations. Maybe some of Mongoose's front companies were owned by Disney.

Another land scam is buying land and then selling it below market value to a politician. The sale of the land is a way of concealing a bribe. Metta's book CMC mentions this. Bribing would be an that the CIA would do and maybe Disney helped them with this.

Helliwell ran dope...hmmmm...

I find it more than perplexing that two different gentlemen a Frenchman and a Canadian subject working on the same issue over a decade a part would both use the Bloomfield archives as a means to claim there was no connection between Permindex and the assassination of John F. Kennedy. They both  received a lot of Canadian media attention for their efforts to get access to his papers. 

Here is the issue of Bloomfield library archive by Maurice Phillips that posted on this site way back in year 2006. Then almost 10 years later Maurice's work was duplicated to a tee by another gentleman. It doesn't make much sense to me to duplicate Maurice Phillips work , down to the same documents like the George Bush Sr. correspondence. We saw that over ten years ago. 

But both men who reviewed the Bloomfield archives are clear in their assessment that there is no connection to the murder of JFK and Louis Bloomfield and Permindex. What an odd undertaking and what an odd conclusion.  What did these two men expect to find in Bloomfield's personal archive a signed confession? It reminds me of what the old sage Harold Weisberg used to say  that there are no smoking guns to be found in the Government or CIA or FBI files regarding the JFK murder because the murder was never investigated in the first place. 

Philipps, author of the book De Dallas a Montreal (From Dallas to Montreal), which explores a possible Montreal connection to JFK's 1963 assassination in Dallas, stumbled on a reference to the Bloomfield connection in the mid-1990s and was intrigued - particularly given allegations advanced by some JFK conspiracy theorists that tied Bloomfield to the shooting, a shadowy international company called Permindex, the CIA and the agency that preceded it, the OSS.

While the conspiracy theory connection between Bloomfield and JFK's assassination is a complex one and has evolved over time, it appears to stem from the fact that he was named as a major shareholder in Permindex. There are allegations that Permindex was a front or shell company for the CIA and was used to funnel money for intelligence operations.

While Philipps does not believe the papers implicate Bloomfield in the shooting -- in fact, he thinks they may clear Bloomfield's name -- he says they might contain clues that could help shed light on JFK's assassination.

Edited by Jim Harwood