The Education Forum

What are the odds?

1 hour ago, Tony Krome said:

Star witness Howard Brennan and his wife nearly fell over when JFK walked into their home 

There standing in our little hallway was John F. Kennedy, alive again. At least that's what I thought at that instant. The man standing there was the exact double of the late President in every detail. Had I not known that the President was dead, I would have staked my life that I was being visited by him. Every feature about him, his face, his hair, his build, even his clothes looked exactly like the President. It was as if a ghost had suddenly appeared. Even his voice sounded so much like Mr. Kennedy's. My mind simply couldn't absorb it all and Louise was struck dumb, her eyes wide open in amazement.

That would have to be John, since Fitzgerald was dead. 

But as a reliable witness, Howard Brennan doesn't stand a ghost of a chance. (I don't know what his wife's problem was.)

10 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

But as a reliable witness, Howard Brennan doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.

He certainly had an imagination if he made up the JFK double story. 

I wonder if a person with that imagination, heard Amos Euins talking to the police ......

5 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Star witness Howard Brennan and his wife nearly fell over when JFK walked into their home 

There standing in our little hallway was John F. Kennedy, alive again. At least that's what I thought at that instant. The man standing there was the exact double of the late President in every detail. Had I not known that the President was dead, I would have staked my life that I was being visited by him. Every feature about him, his face, his hair, his build, even his clothes looked exactly like the President. It was as if a ghost had suddenly appeared. Even his voice sounded so much like Mr. Kennedy's. My mind simply couldn't absorb it all and Louise was struck dumb, her eyes wide open in amazement.

The context?

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

The context?

I believe the story can be found in this book;

51Leg6-+TYL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Lish introduced the double as a fellow agent and apologized for not preparing us for this shocking experience."

That would mean the man was an FBI agent who arrived with SA Robert C Lish

If you are a Brennan believer, I guess you would have to accept his account

9 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

I believe the story can be found in this book;

51Leg6-+TYL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Lish introduced the double as a fellow agent and apologized for not preparing us for this shocking experience."

That would mean the man was an FBI agent who arrived with SA Robert C Lish

If you are a Brennan believer, I guess you would have to accept his account

MORE DISTRACTING BS MYTHMAKING

Somersett: ...I think Kennedy is coming here on the 18th...to make some kind of speech...I imagine it will be on TV.

Milteer: You can bet your bottom dollar he is going to have a lot to say about the Cubans. There are so many of them here.

Somersett: Yeah, well, he will have a thousand bodyguards. Don't worry about that.

Milteer: The more bodyguards he has the easier it is to get him.

Somersett: Well, how in the hell do you figure would be the best way to get him?

Milteer: From an office building with a high-powered rifle. How many people does he have going around who look just like him? Do you know about that?

Somersett: No, I never heard he had anybody.

Milteer: He has about fifteen. Whenever he goes anyplace, he knows he is a marked man.

Somersett: You think he knows he is a marked man?

Milteer: Sure he does.

Edited by David Andrews