The Education Forum

Presidential Debates

Ron Bulman

41 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I would like to say that Bernie will beat Trump with one hand tied behind his back. In any case I wish someone would tie it.

Hey, Bernie, it's not polite to point!

A pointed retort.  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can one express their opinion that it might be heard?    I looked tonight using "democratic presidential candidate internet conversations I can participate in", among other combinations.  This is what I got.  The DNC is useless.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=democratic presidental candidate internet conversations I can participate in &qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=democratic presidental candidate internet conversations i can particip &sc=0-71&sk=&cvid=46B0F0E82E1D4DE7AB17FD87D26834B5

43 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Where can one express their opinion that it might be heard?   

Not at the Democratic Underground.   Almost all of their "Trending" threads for the past month have been anti-Bernie-- including a thread today about how Russian trolls have infiltrated the forum to promote Bernie.  ( If true, I sure haven't seen their pro-Bernie threads in recent weeks on DU.) 🙄

I've been a nominal DU member for the past decade, but they abruptly suspended my account last week after I disagreed with an anti-Bernie post by a Biden supporter.

With apologies to the JFKA research scholars here, I can't help mentioning Jeremy Scahill's outstanding Intercepter podcast yesterday (including an interview with Jesse Jackson) about the smearing of Bernie Sanders by the "Establishment."   Excellent summary of the state of play, by the author of Dirty Wars.

Bernie Sanders’ Fight Against Trump, the GOP, the Democratic Establishment, and Corporate Media

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/26/bernies-fight-against-trump-the-gop-the-democratic-establishment-and-corporate-media/

February 26, 2020

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Nice country we're living in.

It sure ain't what it's cracked up to be. "A shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere" (Ronald Reagan).

Someone needs to pay the light bill before the beacon goes out completely.

5 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

It sure ain't what it's cracked up to be. "A shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere" (Ronald Reagan).

Someone needs to pay the light bill before the beacon goes out completely.

More like a "shining city on a hill" that endlessly sends bombers and drones to blow other civilizations back to the Stone Age.

First, it was about fighting the Red Menace, then it was about fighting the Green Menace.

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

More like a "shining city on a hill" that endlessly sends bombers and drones to blow other civilizations back to the Stone Age.

First, it was about fighting the Red Menace, then it was about fighting the Green Menace.

These day's it's about the orange menace.  JFK tried to make peace with the red one and got killed in part for it.  I don't think peace is possible in this case.