The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

20 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Another trivia question: how many times did the Russia-hacked-the-DNC-e-mail story make the cable news cycle over the last 70 days of the 2016 campaign?

Zero.

On October 7 at 3:30 pm EST the Obama Administration publicly accused Russia of interfering in the US election.

Big news, right?

At 4:00 pm EST the Access Hollywood tape dropped; at 4:30 pm EST the Podesta e-mails hit the news.  The Russia-is-screwing-us-for-Trump story was never repeated, didn’t make the cable news cycle.

Well done Deep State!

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

7 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Zero.

On October 7 at 3:30 pm EST the Obama Administration publicly accused Russia of interfering in the US election.

Big news, right?

At 4:00 pm EST the Access Hollywood tape dropped; at 4:30 pm EST the Podesta e-mails hit the news.  The Russia-is-screwing-us-for-Trump story was never repeated, didn’t make the cable news cycle.

Well done Deep State!

Yes, and we learned in 2017 that NYT Editor-in-Chief Dean Baquet had explicitly put the kibosh on any 2016 pre-election NYT stories about Trump's ties to Russia.

Edited by W. Niederhut

3 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Wow thanks for the laugh I needed that! 

Trump’s genius was to turn cable news into “Reality TV”.  For a year and a half he flooded the news cycle with outrageous statements.  The cable networks loved it!  They gave him billions of dollars in free advertising, and don’t be surprised if they do that again.

3 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yes, and we learned in 2017 that NYT Editor-in-Chief Dean Baquet had explicitly put the kibosh on any 2016 pre-election NYT stories about Trump's ties to Russia.

But...but...Hillary had e-mails!

30 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

But...but...Hillary had e-mails!

And, as a daily reader of the NYT, for years, I was truly astonished to read weekly front page NYT stories about Hillary's Emails during the summer and fall of 2016.  Most of them were based on "leaks" from anonymous FBI sources.  Nothing burgers.

Like many NYT readers, I was puzzled about what looked like an NYT smear campaign against Hillary.

My best guess at the time was that the NYT sabotage was about money-- possibly Trump corporate tax cuts vs. Hillary's tax proposals.

I remain in the dark about Sulzberger's motives.

10 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

We do, it's funny how you're holding out for the 3rd solution that doesn't exist: Utopia. Get off the fence Ben, you criticize Putin but have no real solution. You sound kinda like you're saying Putin is mean and should stop being mean. 
Putin in my option has shown a lot of restraint. If he hadn't people in Europe might support Ukraine but they really don't, only the corrupt EU leadership and NATO support the war. 

(See Vietnam), if America fought Vietnam where Mexico was they would have won. Russia is basically in this position. Just like in Murphy's law of combat the same things apply to you also SO, I think the Vietnam analogy is especially warranted here because America is making the same mistakes it made in Vietnam; America is supporting an ultra corrupt government that has to be propped up, The USA proxy it is supporting is losing bad. Like Vietnam without outside troops and nuclear weapons being pulled out the people we are supporting cannot win. The US media is not reporting the story accurately just like before the Tet Offensive. Now we have boots on the ground like Vietnam, once the Russian offensive happens those troops are going to need to be backed up, hence 101 airborne, how long before we enter into the quicksand like in Vietnam? Biden is making the same mistakes LBJ did and instead of trying to get out like JFK.

Seems like you are trying to hold a utopian opinion where you don't have to take any criticism because you just want Putin to stop being mean. I think Vlad is showing he is a real leader and is making the tough decision that needed to be made to protect Russia and the Russian people. Trump did similar things with the wall and Chinese tariffs choose the hard decisions to protect the country in the long run and NPC liberals hate it because they want a Communist World Government run by the U.N. 

MK-

Well, we not only disagree, we are at polar opposites. 

The body count may reach a million in Ukraine before it all over, plus any amount of damage to infrastructure, housing, and human psychology. 

But there was no real threat to Russia. No one was going to invade Russia. That is what I call a volitional war. War is a last resort, not an option. 

Well, easy for us, we are in our armchairs. For the Ukrainians, life will be tough for the next five or even 10 years, and then years of rebuilding. 

I know little about Ukrainians. But generally, after being bombed, civilian populations do not fold. They dig in.

You cannot bomb people into liking you. 

Putin may have put his paw into a CIA-designed bear trap. There is no lack of cynicism in any major national government security apparatus.

But Putin appears trapped. To retreat will be seen as humiliation, to persist means endless warfare.  

Afcrapistan. 

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Trump’s genius was to turn cable news into “Reality TV”.  For a year and a half he flooded the news cycle with outrageous statements.  The cable networks loved it!  They gave him billions of dollars in free advertising, and don’t be surprised if they do that again.

Fun to learn history revision is another one of your hobbies Cliff.. 
https://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/the-hillary-clinton-campaign-intentionally-created-donald-trump-with-its-pied-piper-strategy/

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428/

19 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

MK-

Well, we not only disagree, we are at polar opposites. 

The body count may reach a million in Ukraine before it all over, plus any amount of damage to infrastructure, housing, and human psychology. 

But there was no real threat to Russia. No one was going to invade Russia. That is what I call a volitional war. War is a last resort, not an option. 

Well, easy for us, we are in our armchairs. For the Ukrainians, life will be tough for the next five or even 10 years, and then years of rebuilding. 

I know little about Ukrainians. But generally, after being bombed, civilian populations do not fold. They dig in.

You cannot bomb people into liking you. 

Putin may have put his paw into a CIA-designed bear trap. There is no lack of cynicism in any major national government security apparatus.

But Putin appears trapped. To retreat will be seen as humiliation, to persist means endless warfare.  

Afcrapistan. 

In two weeks let's check back and see where we are at. I highly doubt that Putin is trapped and will retreat.. 

Interesting how you skip over the whole illegal overthrow of Ukraine by Victoria Nuland and Joe Biden. 

"I know little about Ukrainians" 
Maybe watch the video I posted for Joe earlier, the Canadian journalist will tell you about the poopoo's there and the war crimes being committed by the Ukrainians. You seems to be sticking your head in the sand about this. Sounds like your getting your wish though, NATO counter attack is coming. Matt Allison better hurry up and join the legion he's going to miss his chance 😉 I found out Conner Kennedy left and isn't there. LOL! 

1 minute ago, Matthew Koch said:

In two weeks let's check back and see where we are at. I highly doubt that Putin is trapped and will retreat.. 

Interesting how you skip over the whole illegal overthrow of Ukraine by Victoria Nuland and Joe Biden. 

"I know little about Ukrainians" 
Maybe watch the video I posted for Joe earlier, the Canadian journalist will tell you about the poopoo's there and the war crimes being committed by the Ukrainians. You seems to be sticking your head in the sand about this. Sounds like your getting your wish though, NATO counter attack is coming. Matt Allison better hurry up and join the legion he's going to miss his chance 😉 I found out Conner Kennedy left and isn't there. LOL! 

MK--

I have little doubt the various iterations of Ukrainian government have been corrupt.

Years go I read about Brits who set up farming operations in Ukraine but left after too many government shakedowns. 

They say Russia is so corrupt its soldiers don't have the food and equipment that was paid for. 

So---a war that will leave a million dead is justified? 

Wh have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Vietnam was corrupt, Afghanistan is/was corrupt, Iraq is/was corrupt.

In the US we have legal forms of grifting, so it is not called corrupt. 

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

William, how does Joe Biden already know that the results in many states won't come back for a couple of days already? 

36 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Unfortunately watching cable news in 2016 wasn’t one of your hobbies or you’d know that the Clinton support for Trump over Bush et al was well known all year.  

If not for the Comey interference and the constant attacks on Hillary over the last 11 days the strategy would have worked.

13 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

William, how does Joe Biden already know that the results in many states won't come back for a couple of days already? 

He’s right, transparency restores faith in democracy. 

43 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Unfortunately watching cable news in 2016 wasn’t one of your hobbies or you’d know that the Clinton support for Trump over Bush et al was well known all year.  

If not for the Comey interference and the constant attacks on Hillary over the last 11 days the strategy would have worked.

I had just moved to Hawaii big island at the time and I spent the two weeks leading up to the election with nothing to do while my roommate was at work. I followed everything and 11 days prior to the election I told my buddy that I was starting to think the election was go to go the same way Brexit did. The polls were similar and the media was unleashed in a way I had never seen before in both cases. I was the only person who was brave enough to stick my neck out and say that. The day of the election because Hawaii is so far behind it stared around lunch time and I watched until 4am when they announced that Hillary would make her concession speech later. It was a combination of everything IMO and I think what happened is enough people couldn't hold their nose and vote Hillary and voted Jill Stein or Bernie and they couldn't trick the Trump voters with the skewed polls. Enough Trump people when to the polls and the inner city riggers couldn't rig the vote. I moved from Denver CO at the time and there was a massive influx of people who were lefties, and the states where they came from like the rust belt went red (Probably because they formed a super majority in CO) I thought it was pathetic and funny when people there protested at the capital that Hillary Clinton wasn't there president. Cliff I didn't vote and I didn't like Trump at the time but thought the stuff he said was pretty funny. Rosie O'Donnell... Lmao.

Hillary is corrupt it wasn't interference if I was George W. Bush I would call it underference given everything she was involved in like having the "Super Electors" socialize her campaign instead of feeling the Bern. Cliff you seem to like far out there stuff, what do you think about all these synchronicities? https://thephoenixenigma.com/the-truth-about-pepe-the-frog-and-the-cult-of-kek/ 

I'm more open to Trump using black magic and willing the God KEK to win the election than I am the deep state rigged it for him over Hillary. How do you explain those polls? 

Edited by Matthew Koch

22 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

He’s right, transparency restores faith in democracy. 

I also liked how he emphasized freedom of speech is necessary for democracy and being allowed to question an elections questionable circumstances if they exist IS freedom of speech. 

12 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

I also liked how he emphasized freedom of speech is necessary for democracy and being allowed to question an elections questionable circumstances if they exist IS freedom of speech. 

I also liked how he emphasized freedom of speech is necessary for democracy and being allowed to question an elections questionable circumstances if they exist IS freedom of speech. --MK

Questioning an election outcome, even if such questions appear unreasonable, is freedom of speech.

Gadflies, eccentrics, conspiracy theorists, nutcases, the disenfranchised, the oddballs...have freedom of speech. 

Suppose in early 1964 you said there was likely a violent anti-democratic transfer of power, essentially a coup...and that M$M was complicit...

You should be silenced?