The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The present legitimacy of the Supreme Court. These are among the  issues that everyone including, we'll say that those that "minimize the damage of Trump"( since they'll never admit to  voting for him) have to become more conversant with if they want a seat at the grown up table. They have to do much better research than her.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

China can't function economically without the U.S. They will tread very carefully, because they have no other choice.

I studied under famed Professor Carroll Quigley at Georgetown U., who also taught Bill Clinton. His course was Civilization. He told his students to remember above all else that "the world is irrational."

12 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I studied under famed Professor Carroll Quigley at Georgetown U., who also taught Bill Clinton. His course was Civilization. He told his students to remember above all else that "the world is irrational."

Fascinating!

19 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

The present legitimacy of the Supreme Court. These are among the  issues that everyone including, we'll say that those that "minimize the damage of Trump"( since they'll never admit to  voting for him) have to become more conversant with if they want a seat at the grown up table. They have to do much better research than her.

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Darrow Thomas "has" to recuse himself on any decision participation addressing any cases directly involving Donald J. Trump.

Scowling Thomas's wife Ginny was so directly, aggressively and long term involved with the highest position Trump "election reversing" people to help find a way to overturn the 2020 election, he can't pretend he has no bias in this affair.

Edited by Joe Bauer

People are questioning whether the Supreme Court has any integrity. 

ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-democratic-senator-slams-chief-justice-roberts-says-he-s-out-of-touch-after-dobbs-decision/ar-AA11I1oR?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e0438927804549aeb646da6a9eae94e1

Edited by Douglas Caddy

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

People are questioning whether the Supreme Court has any integrity. 

ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-democratic-senator-slams-chief-justice-roberts-says-he-s-out-of-touch-after-dobbs-decision/ar-AA11I1oR?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e0438927804549aeb646da6a9eae94e1

Yes, the elections and the Supreme Court are illegitimate. 

Right?  

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Right?  

Ben,

Do you know how many days transpired while Mitch McConnell blocked a Senate confirmation hearing for Obama's superlative SCOTUS nominee, Judge Merrick Garland, claiming that it was an election year?

Conversely, how many days transpired during the election year 2020 before Mitch McConnell and the Republican-controlled Senate confirmed Trump's SCOTUS nominee Amy Coney Barrett?

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Right?  

Yes Ben, I know you have the foreign posting record on this thread and you're going for the all time record, but you must be more prepared than to ask such a question at the grown up table. Research isn't always easy! Let W's clues inspire you!

Meanwhile, we'll just keep exploding those false equivalency question myths!

Maybe a more fitting role at this stage of his career for Tom Hanks, rather than the Colonel, would be Justice Roberts!

heh heh

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Do you know how many days transpired while Mitch McConnell blocked a Senate confirmation hearing for Obama's superlative SCOTUS nominee, Judge Merrick Garland, claiming that it was an election year?

Conversely, how many days transpired during the election year 2020 before Mitch McConnell and the Republican-controlled Senate confirmed Trump's SCOTUS nominee Amy Coney Barrett?

W-

Absolutely, the 'Phants played hardball, and perhaps were hypocrites doing so. The current SC justices, of whom I have a generally low opinion, are the legal SC justices. 

To me, the current SC are political hacks.

But...you want to talk anarchy and insurrection? If we say the SC is illegitimate, it means we accept no final arbiter on constitutional-legal  matters. 

I wonder where this leads?  

Some people are in denial about the elections, others on the role and legitimacy of the SC. 

I accept the elections, I accept SC decisions. 

Or, we can have anarchy and civil wars. 

And yet you would actually accept Trump, of all people as the sole arbiter of  who determines classified documents? 

Case closed!

Bad judgment, No grown up table  for Ben!  But we have set up a nice card table, so he can listen!

Ben voted in High School least likely to tend to  his Father's candy store!