The Education Forum

In 1994, what amount of WC material was still classified?

The ARRB report on Page 2, says it was 3000 pages.

Other sources I have seen or heard say it was 3000 documents.

What I thought was that when the WR was being pummeled by everyone in 1966, and 67, LBJ decided he had to start a declassification program. So he did and in those two years a lot of WC material was made available.  Then that was kept up until the JFK Act of 1992 superseded it.

But what was the amount of WC material still withheld when the ARRB went to work?

I mean everything that was submitted to the Warren Commission.

I know for example that a lot of CD's did not make it into the volumes.

A lot of FBI stuff did not make it there also.  

And I know that when all the controversy hit in 1966-67, that LBJ started to declassify that stuff the WC had at NARA.

What I am trying to figure out is how much was left in 1994 when the ARRB went to work?

On 9/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, James DiEugenio said:

The ARRB report on Page 2, says it was 3000 pages.

Other sources I have seen or heard say it was 3000 documents.

What I thought was that when the WR was being pummeled by everyone in 1966, and 67, LBJ decided he had to start a declassification program. So he did and in those two years a lot of WC material was made available.  Then that was kept up until the JFK Act of 1992 superseded it.

But what was the amount of WC material still withheld when the ARRB went to work?

Just a wag but I'd lean to the 3000 documents.  At an average of 2-3 pages each it would more than double the number of pages.  If a few ran 5-8-10 pages. . . 

I submitted the questions to NARA.  Will let. you know.