The Education Forum

Join Historian & Lecturer, Christopher Daley as he reviews the JFK assassination

Join Historian & Lecturer, Christopher Daley as he reviews the JFK assassination

Listener comment: When I first landed on this site, I thought oh no here we are again. Actually it was very informative and I enjoyed it. Well Done !!

On 10/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

Listener comment: When I first landed on this site, I thought oh no here we are again. Actually it was very informative and I enjoyed it. Well Done !!

Doug, I thought the lecture was just par for the course, with errors in the commentary & some bogus statements too.

I always appreciate in any JFK explanation event presentation the mention of Julia Ann Mercer and her first hand, 11,22,1963 mid-morning Dealey Plaza, stuck in traffic encounter observation story.

Everything about it rings honest and intriguingly important imo.

Reading her same day and 3 day later FBI and Sheriff Department affidavits ( official documents ) you are clearly impressed with her unwavering and detailed account.

She tells a suspiciously incongruous story that begs rational scrutiny considering it's location, activity and timing.

Her personal character integrity seemed to be unimpeachable.  She definitely did not seek further attention after her initial same day and three day later interrogations.

And to add even more rational suspicion weight to Ms. Mercer's story, she is on record as telling Jim Garrison that the signature on at least one of the supposed official affidavits is not hers and there was no notary present when she was being questioned.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 10/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I always appreciate in any JFK explanation event presentation the mention of Julia Ann Mercer and her first hand, early 11,22,1963 morning Dealey Plaza, stuck in traffic encounter observation story.

Reading her same day and 3 day later FBI and Sheriff Department affidavits ( official documents ) you are clearly impressed with her unwavering and detailed account.

She tells a suspiciously incongruous story that begs rational scrutiny considering it's location, activity and timing.

Her personal character integrity seemed to be unimpeachable.  She definitely did not seek further attention after her initial same day and three day later interrogations.

And to add even more rational suspicion weight to Ms. Mercer's story, she is on record as telling Jim Garrison that the signature on at least one of the supposed official affidavits is not hers and there was no notary present when she was being questioned.

JOE MURPHY, Patrolman, Traffic Division, Police Department, Dallas, Texas, advised that on November 22, 1963, he was stationed at the Triple Underpass on Elm Street to assist in handling traffic. At approximately 10:30-10:40 AM, a pickup truck stalled on Elm Street between Houston Street and the underpass. He was unable to recall the name of the company to whom this truck belonged but stated it is the property of the company working on the First National Bank Building at Elm and Akard in Dallas.

There were three construction men in this truck, and he took one to the bank building to obtain another truck in order to assist in moving the stalled one. The other two men remained with the pickup truck along with two other officers. Shortly prior to the arrival of the motorcade, the man he had taken to the bank building returned with a second truck, and all three of the men left with the two trucks, one pushing the other.

MURPHY noted that the men did not leave the truck except for the one he took to the bank building, and all three left together sometime prior to the arrival of the President's motorcade. He described the stalled truck as being a green pickup and noted the truck had the hood raised during the time it was stalled. This truck had side tool bins on it, and they had a considerable amount of construction equipment in the back.

MURPHY futher stated it was probable that one of these men had taken something from the rear of this truck in an effort to start it. He stated these persons were under observation all during the period they were stalled on Elm Street because the officers wanted the truck moved prior to the arrival of the motorcade, and it would have been impossible for any of them to have had anything to do with the assassination of President KENNEDY.

6 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

JOE MURPHY, Patrolman, Traffic Division, Police Department, Dallas, Texas, advised that on November 22, 1963, he was stationed at the Triple Underpass on Elm Street to assist in handling traffic. At approximately 10:30-10:40 AM, a pickup truck stalled on Elm Street between Houston Street and the underpass. He was unable to recall the name of the company to whom this truck belonged but stated it is the property of the company working on the First National Bank Building at Elm and Akard in Dallas.

There were three construction men in this truck, and he took one to the bank building to obtain another truck in order to assist in moving the stalled one. The other two men remained with the pickup truck along with two other officers. Shortly prior to the arrival of the motorcade, the man he had taken to the bank building returned with a second truck, and all three of the men left with the two trucks, one pushing the other.

MURPHY noted that the men did not leave the truck except for the one he took to the bank building, and all three left together sometime prior to the arrival of the President's motorcade. He described the stalled truck as being a green pickup and noted the truck had the hood raised during the time it was stalled. This truck had side tool bins on it, and they had a considerable amount of construction equipment in the back.

MURPHY futher stated it was probable that one of these men had taken something from the rear of this truck in an effort to start it. He stated these persons were under observation all during the period they were stalled on Elm Street because the officers wanted the truck moved prior to the arrival of the motorcade, and it would have been impossible for any of them to have had anything to do with the assassination of President KENNEDY.

Great eyewitness this officer. Not even there when Julia Ann Mercer was.

And have you ever "pushed" another vehicle with your own?

You might do this to get a car stuck in mud out of it. You go very slowly as otherwise you can crash into each other with considerable damage.

And where did they go...on to a freeway? Please! 

I'll "guess" that the stalled pick up truck miraculously started up 100 feet down the road.

Sorry, giving one's "opinions and guesses" regards the actions of others when you have left the scene  ( this officer wasn't there ) would draw an immediate sustaining of this testimony in a court of law. 

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Great eyewitness this officer. Not even there when Julia Ann Mercer was.

And have you ever "pushed" another vehicle with your own?

You might do this to get a car stuck in mud out of it. You go very slowly as otherwise you can crash into each other with considerable damage.

And where did they go...on to a freeway? Please! 

I'll "guess" that the stalled pick up truck miraculously started up 100 feet down the road.

Sorry, giving one's "opinions and guesses" regards the actions of others when you have left the scene  ( this officer wasn't there ) would draw an immediate sustaining of this testimony in a court of law. 

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Your post on Mercer caused me to re-visit Mercer's story & that is when I came across Murphy's statements which I had not read before.  I agree it sounds weird and typical of many cops statements,  "He couldn't recall the name of the company to whom this truck belonged".  Maybe it would be possible to have one truck push another, just a few feet down a slight slope to bump start one with a flat battery, but to choose between Mercer and Murphy's accounts I still go with Mercer.

Yet, even with the nefarious and rabid right wing contingents of the D.P.D., considering the back up of traffic caused by this obstruction providing witnesses like Julia Ann Mercer, I've always thought it sloppy to deliver an assassination rifle to the knoll in this way, especially when access to the rail yards was possible for any vehicle.      

On 10/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I always appreciate in any JFK explanation event presentation the mention of Julia Ann Mercer and her first hand, 11,22,1963 mid-morning Dealey Plaza, stuck in traffic encounter observation story.

I wonder if anybody's made a good list of people who said their earlier statements were fabricated by the authorities. I know there's Mercer and Victoria Adams.