The Education Forum

The Zapruder Film Mystery

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Fascinating. A shame so few will watch this interview. I viewed the Zapruder film again on You Tube over and over after watching this video ... and sure enough, you never see JFK's limo come to a complete stop, not even close.

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Fascinating. A shame so few will watch this interview. I viewed the Zapruder film again on You Tube over and over after watching this video ... and sure enough, you never see JFK's limo come to a complete stop, not even close.

Nix film shows the stop better from memory. 

11 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Nix film shows the stop better from memory. 

The Nix film shows the limo practically crawling before the head shot.  There are also some still pics that show the brake lights on.

I think it's harder to see the limo slow down in the Z film because it is zoomed in. There's a panorama version of the Z film that follows the limo in the current frame as it passes along the panorama. The Slowdown of the limo is much more apparent in that video. I think that might be why it's more obvious in the Nix film because we can see the background slow down as the camera pans slower to follow the limo.

The limos position in the Nix film matches the Z film frame for frame so the difference must be an illusion.

The YouTube clip below is interesting because of the way Hargis prefaces his statement about the limo almost coming to a complete stop with the caveat that this statement was not to be shown publicly. By the time of this interview the Z film have been public for years. We all knew the official story so why would he ask that it not be shown publicly? The only answer, I think the obvious answer is that he was contradicting the official story. So people can argue about Witnesses descriptions of how slow the limo went but I think Hargis makes it clear that it went slower then what we see in the official Zapruder film