The Education Forum

Rather interesting...

On Wednesday night Dan Rather was interviewed by Jimmy Fallon.  Fallon asked Rather if he'd ever seen anything like the insurrection that had taken place earlier in the day. Rather then listed the major events that he had witnessed over the course of his long life: "...I've seen a few things over the years, including the Great Depression, World War Two, Watergate, 9/11, so many things..." I find it rather interesting that he omitted the event that made his career in journalism, especially since he was actually on the scene of that event on 11/22/63.

58 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

On Wednesday night Dan Rather was interviewed by Jimmy Fallon.  Fallon asked Rather if he'd ever seen anything like the insurrection that had taken place earlier in the day. Rather then listed the major events that he had witnessed over the course of his long life: "...I've seen a few things over the years, including the Great Depression, World War Two, Watergate, 9/11, so many things..." I find it rather interesting that he omitted the event that made his career in journalism, especially since he was actually on the scene of that event on 11/22/63.

Maybe it has something to do with his viewing of and report on the Zapruder film.  To paraphrase "presidents head moved violently forward".