The Education Forum

Clint Hill/Lisa McCubbin Talk. Observations And Questions.

Joe Bauer

The video link above is a warm anecdotal sharing by Clint Hill regarding his career as a presidential detail Secret Service agent and many of his interactions with Mrs. Kennedy and JFK.

The talk event format is Hill being asked questions by a seperated stage sharing Lisa McCubbin who was Hill's co-writer and relationship partner.

Many touching and funny stories.

The one about the 50 mile hike ( starting at midnight ) in Florida and Hill's exhausting security participation in this including his personally hand made award reward from JFK and Jackie is especially humorous.

The talk is presented as a feel good Clint Hill - JFK/Jackie SS detail memory sharing event. No negative expose stuff.

However, being a forever WC official finding doubting Thomas with a never ending questioning JFK truth sleuth mind-set, I noticed a few aspects to this Clint Hill book tour presentation that made it seem like more than just a feel good memoir sharing.

I sensed that another intention of this talking tour event was to present a defense of serious questions about JFK's security in Dallas on 11,22,1963 and the SS role in this failure.

At about the 15 minute point of the video,  pictures of other JFK motorcades are shown. Ireland, Costa Rica, Mexico City and one of JFK's "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" speech in Germany and the huge crowd in attendance there.

Hill gives a brief commentary of each motorcade event pictured and specifically mentions "many people hanging out of open windows" in the Ireland and Germany JFK visits. Also many ( "thousands" ) on rooftops in the Berlin event as well.

I didn't catch these "people hanging out of open windows" JFK motorcade observation statements by Hill as odd at first, but then you see and hear Lisa McCubbin volunteering this "same specific observation" just past the 25 minute point of the talk on her own as a lead-in to Hill's Dallas motorcade and Dealey Plaza event sharing.

"There were many people hanging out of open windows" in the Dallas motorcade she states before deferring to Hill's account of the Dallas parade.

Why mention this very specific Dallas motorcade observation ( too specific imo ) on her own like that?

This was the "third time" Hill and McCubbin had brought up the subject of many people hanging out of higher building open windows during past JFK motorcades and in just the first 25 minutes of their presentation without any prompting or questions from the audience asking about this.

Maybe it's just my hard wired conspiratorial believing mindset that sensed this repeated insertion of this high building open windows subject by both Hill and McCubbin seemed purposefully contrived, even as subtly introduced as it was.

And that the entire presentation talk and it's format seemed highly scripted, edited, practiced and rehearsed and more than just a warm reminiscence sharing by Hill agenda.

I sensed this was as much a deflecting defense of serious questions that had been proposed to Hill over the years about the failed SS JFK security in Dallas on 11,22,1963 as anything else.

McCubbin asked obviously leading questions of Hill that set up his defense of such well known suspicion points like why the motorcade was planned to leave Main Street at all and take that turn onto Houston and then Elm which required a protocol violation of slowing down through two extreme angle turns?

And coincidentally right under the TXSBD building and along the unguarded long tree canopy hiding picket fence area?

Hill deferred to the inability to get on the Stemmons Freeway to the Trade Mart if they stayed on Main. A concrete barrier prevented this.

Also, when describing the JFK limo itself and everyone's seating in this for the Dallas motorcade, I noticed Hill mentioned the high open bar between the front seat with Greer and Kellerman and the Connally's and Kennedy's seats in back.

Hill adds a comment that this metal bar would prevent Kellerman from being able to jump into the back seat area. In case of emergency one presumes. Why even mention this observation? Another unneeded defense of Kellerman not jumping in back to protect anyone during the shooting?

Hill mentions his reaction to the first shot where in the Ike Altgen's photo we see Hill on the Queen Mary with a couple of his fellow agents turned around to where they thought the sound originated from.

Hill describes hearing this first shot, but he doesn't react until the second shot when he notices JFK slumping toward Jackie Kennedy as his first cue that something was wrong. He then reacts by running to the limo and climbing aboard.

He also states that just as he is running and right behind the limo, he sees JFK's head explode. He sees this, but he doesn't hear this shot.

The sound of all the car and motorcycle engines running blocks this out. Which makes sense.

He said that he and Jackie were both "sprayed with JFK's blood and brain matter" when JFK's head exploded. He mentions "bone matter" being expelled as well.

( note: 20 foot away eyewitness Charles Brehm also recounted seeing a piece of JFK's skull bone flying back to the left rear of the limo and landing in the curb area near him and his son Joe.)

Hill states that in his up close observation when finally right above JFK that JFK's eyes were fixed and that there was a large hole in the back of JFK's head with no brain visible inside. 

This is contradictory to the JFK autopsy testimony by Bethesada Naval hospital Commander James Humes and his supposed removal of JFK's brain. Yet, it bolsters Bethesda Naval medical corpsman Paul O'Conners sworn testimony describing JFK's skull with no brain inside.

Hill's account of the shot sequence is somewhat confusing to me and I am sure others.

He says he heard the first explosion/shot like his fellow SS agents did. That shot apparently didn't hit anyone. It was the second shot that has been reported to be the one which hit JFK in the back. Hill heard this shot as well as the first?

Back to the general book tour talk event.

Obviously, this scripted, soft ball, feel good questioning of Hill by McCubbin format doesn't allow any opportunity for discussion of other harder and darker edged areas of JFK security fail questions.

No mention of SS agents violating important protocols such as visiting topless night clubs, drinking alcohol and staying up too late the night before the motorcade.

And certainly not the failure to place any security on high rise building roofs or making building owners and managers not have anyone opening upper floor windows in their buildings while JFK passed underneath.

Hill and McCubbin made sure this well known and often asked security failure concern question and other uncomfortable ones would be derailed before hand in the very first part of their talk imo.

Just one week before Dallas, JFK's Florida motorcade was cancelled. Due in part to the security fear of a high rise shooting attempt on JFK. Chicago security had the same concerns.

But, in perhaps the most rabid JFK hating city in the U.S. at that time with attacks on Democrat party affiliated Adlai Stevenson and Henry Gonzales not long before 11,22,1963 and "JFK WANTED FOR TREASON" newspaper ads and flyers published and distributed the day before JFK's visit...

we have no one watching downtown Dallas's open windows above JFK's driving underneath, no one on the roofs of these buildings, no one watching the area above the grassy knoll and with "Assignment Oswald" suspicious presidential visit kook threat list checking FBI agent James Hosty having lunch in a downtown Dallas diner in the middle of one of the highest security alert times in his career - JFK's motorcade ride through the capital city of the most powerful extreme right wing areas of JFK hating JBS, Minute Men and KKK nut country.  

Clint Hill did risk his life in his speeding JFK limo jumping actions. Never disputing that fact.

Yet, it always seems to me that he purposely leaves out of his sentimental JFK/Jackie SS detail speaking tour remembrances any mention or answering to known other facts that shine a darker truth light on 11,22,1963.

Or deflects or downplays their importance and blame.

Hill ... regards the open windows security fail in Dallas, well, we had many open window motorcades before...and/or we just didn't have the manpower to have them all shut.

I just can't accept those type of security fail excuses myself.

These Hill/McCubbin speaking tour events are not a bad thing in light of Hill's interesting career and honoring his life risking efforts on 11,22,1963.

But I do find them disconcerting when they are used as a wide public audience platform to dissipate, deflect or downplay serious questions about darker truths we know to be true about JFK's security situation in Dallas leading to his tragic security failure murder there.

Edited by Joe Bauer

54 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

But I do find them disconcerting when they are used as a wide public audience platform to dissipate, deflect or downplay serious questions about darker truths we know to be true about JFK's security situation leading up to his tragic security failure murder.

54 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Joe, I am certainly no expert on the SS and their policy/procedures and I would defer to any information available from Vince P on that, but I don't think Hill would have much or any input into the security measures.  He would probably be advised of general preparations and given HIS individual instructions as a part of the overall plan, but not asked for input outside of this.  In my opinion and again, it is only an opinion since I have no direct contact or information, Hill was devastated by the event and probably thought that surely his fellow agents were as well.  Assuming this is correct, I can see him defending those who he worked with and being defensive about their having been involved in any way.  I have found that working with a group to achieve a mutual goal, you (I) tend to develop a bond with your fellow team members and sometimes develop a blind spot for some things they may do.  This is not to give him a free pass, but I think he did do his personal assignment as best as he could (and a lot better than his fellow agents - including the one on the right front of the Queen Mary, who was assigned to protect the President (and was closest - other than those in the front seat.  As I understand it, Hill was assigned to Jackie primarily, so JFK was not technically his primary assignment.  Sorry for the long winded reply but I think looking at Hill as a way to understand the failures in security is not particularly helpful.  The individual agents whose responsibility was planning and implementation of the security have much to answer for in my opinion.  Standards were already in place, they just weren't followed, beginning with the prior late night partying (ranking members of the SS had to know this was happening) and it continues on from there.

Take anything Hill and especially McCubbin convey about the assassination with a huge grain of salt when it comes to security matters (when it comes to the wounds or pre-11/22/63 warm and fuzzy Jackie stories, those are solid and more credible).

THESE videos are all you need to know regarding those security matters (and an affirmation on the head wound):

Secret Service Agent Clint Hill demonstrates JFK head wound - YouTube

The Confession of Secret Service Agent Clint Hill - YouTube

Lisa McCubbin - YouTube

Building rooftops WERE guarded before and during the JFK era! 11/22/63 - YouTube

Secret Service agents told me that JFK did NOT order them off his limo!! - YouTube

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The video link above is a warm anecdotal sharing by Clint Hill regarding his career as a presidential detail Secret Service agent and many of his interactions with Mrs. Kennedy and JFK.

The talk event format is Hill being asked questions by a seperated stage sharing Lisa McCubbin who was Hill's co-writer and relationship partner.

Many touching and funny stories.

The one about the 50 mile hike ( starting at midnight ) in Florida and Hill's exhausting security participation in this including his personally hand made award reward from JFK and Jackie is especially humorous.

The talk is presented as a feel good Clint Hill - JFK/Jackie SS detail memory sharing event. No negative expose stuff.

However, being a forever WC official finding doubting Thomas with a never ending questioning JFK truth sleuth mind-set, I noticed a few aspects to this presentation that seemed curiously peculiar in this being more than just a feel good memoir sharing.

I sensed that another intention of this talking tour event was to present a defense of serious questions about JFK's security in Dallas on 11,22,1963 and the SS role in this failure.

At about the 15 minute point of the video,  pictures of other JFK motorcades are shown. Ireland, Costa Rica, Mexico City and one of JFK's "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" speech in Germany and the huge crowd in attendance there.

Hill gives a brief commentary of each motorcade event pictured and specifically mentions "many people hanging out of open windows" in the Ireland and Germany JFK visits. Also many ( "thousands" ) on rooftops in the Berlin event as well.

I didn't catch these "people hanging out of open windows" JFK motorcade observation statements by Hill as odd at first, but then you see and hear Lisa McCubbin volunteering this "same specific observation" just past the 25 minute point of the talk on her own as a lead-in to Hill's Dallas motorcade and Dealey Plaza event sharing.

"There were many people hanging out of open windows" in the Dallas motorcade she states before deferring to Hill's account of the Dallas parade.

Why mention this very specific Dallas motorcade observation ( too specific imo ) on her own like that?

I then also caught that this was the "third time" Hill and McCubbin had brought up the subject of many people hanging out of higher building open windows during past JFK motorcades and in just the first 25 minutes of their presentation without any prompting or questions from the audience asking about this.

Maybe it's just my hard wired conspiratorial believing mindset that sensed this repeated insertion of this high building open windows subject by both Hill and McCubbin seemed purposefully contrived even as subtly introduced as they were.

And that the entire presentation talk and it's format seemed highly scripted, edited and practiced with more than just a warm reminiscence sharing by Hill agenda.

I sensed this was as much a deflecting defense of serious questions that had been proposed to Hill over the years about the failed SS JFK security in Dallas on 11,22,1963 as anything else.

McCubbin asked obviously leading questions of Hill that set up his defense of such well known suspicion points of why the motorcade was planned to leave Main Street at all and take that turn onto Houston and then Elm which required a another protocol violation of slowing down through two more extreme angle turns?

And coincidentally right under the TXSBD building and along the unguarded long tree canopy hiding picket fence area?

Hill once again deferred to the inability to get on the Stemmons Freeway to the Trade Mart if they stayed on Main.

Also, when describing the JFK limo itself and everyone's seating in this for Dallas motorcade, I noticed Hill mentioned the high open bar between the front seat with Greer and Kellerman and the Connally's and Kennedy's seats in back.

Hill adds a comment that this metal bar would prevent Kellerman from being able to jump into the back seat area. In case of emergency one presumes. Why even mention this observation? Another unneeded defense of Kellerman not jumping in back to protect anyone during the shooting?

Hill mentions his reaction to the first shot where in the photo we see his fellow agents turned around to where they thought the sound originated from.

Hill describes hearing this first shot, but he doesn't react until the second shot when seeing JFK slump toward Jackie Kennedy as his first cue that something was wrong. He then reacts by running to the limo and climbing aboard.

He also states that just as he is running and right behind the limo, he sees JFK's head explode. He sees this, but he doesn't hear this shot.

The sound of all the car and motorcycle engines running blocks this out. Which makes sense.

He said that he and Jackie "were both sprayed with JFK's blood and brain matter" when JFK's head explodes. He mentions "bone matter" being expelled as well.

( note: 20 foot away eyewitness Charles Brehm also recounted seeing a piece of JFK's skull bone flying back to the left rear of the limo and landing in the curb area near him and his son Joe.)

Hill states that in his up close observation when finally right above JFK that JFK's eyes were fixed and that there was a large hole in the back of JFK's head with no brain visible inside. 

This is contradictory to the JFK autopsy testimony by Bethesada Naval hospital Commander James Humes and his supposed removal of JFK's brain. Yet, it bolsters Bethesda Naval medical corpsman Paul O'Conners sworn testimony describing JFK's skull with no brain inside.

Hill's account of the shot sequence is somewhat confusing to me and I am sure others.

He says he heard the first explosion/shot like his fellow SS agents did. That shot apparently didn't hit anyone. It was the second shot that has been reported to be the one which hit JFK in the back.Hill heard this shot as well?

Back to the general talk event.

Obviously, this scripted, soft ball, feel good questioning of Hill by McCubbin format doesn't allow any opportunity for discussion of other harder and darker edged areas of JFK security fail questions.

No mention of SS agents violating important protocols such as visiting topless night clubs, drinking alcohol and staying up too late the night before the motorcade.

And certainly not the failure to place any security on high rise building roofs or making building owners and managers not have anyone opening upper floor wuindows in their buildings while JFK passed underneath.

Hill and McCubbin made sure this well known and often asked security failure concern question and other uncomfortable ones would be derailed before hand in the very first part of their talk imo.

Just one week before Dallas, JFK's Florida motorcade was cancelled. Due in part to the security fear of a high rise shooting attempt on JFK. Chicago security had the same concerns.

But, in perhaps the most rabid JFK hating city in the U.S. at that time with attacks on Democrat party affiliated Adlai Stevenson and Henry Gonzales not long before 11,22,1963 and "JFK WANTED FOR TREASON" newspaper ads and flyers published and distributed the day before JFK's visit...

we have no one watching downtown Dallas's open windows above JFK's driving underneath, no one on the roofs of these buildings, no one watching the area above the grassy knoll and with "Assignment Oswald" suspicious presidential visit kook threat list checking FBI agent James Hosty having lunch in a downtown Dallas diner in the middle of one of the highest security alert times in his career - JFK's motorcade ride into the capital city of the most powerful extreme right wing areas of JBS, Minute Men, KKK JFK hating nut country.  

Clint Hill did risk his life in his speeding JFK limo jumping actions. Never disputing that fact.

Yet, it always seems to me that he purposely leaves out of his sentimental JFK/Jackie SS detail speaking tour remembrances any mention or answering to known other facts that shine a darker truth light on 11,22,1963.

Or deflects or downplays their importance or blame.

Regards the open windows security fail in Dallas, well, we had many open window motorcades before...and/or we just didn't have the manpower to have them all shut.

I just can't accept those security fail excuses myself.

These Hill/McCubbin speaking tour events are not a bad thing in light of Hill's interesting career and honoring his life risking efforts on 11,22,1963.

But I do find them disconcerting when they are used as a wide public audience platform to dissipate, deflect or downplay serious questions about darker truths we know to be true about JFK's security situation leading up to his tragic security failure murder.

The Kennedy Detail Exposed: the real story about JFK's Secret Service - YouTube