The Education Forum

Who is this guy? I never saw him before.

GDM, yet another one of those unfortunate souls that committed "suicide" just before testifying to the HSCA. I hope ya'll pick up the sarcasm in that statement, lol! Sometimes stories appear in books and become official legend to the research community, so I'm asking the more informed if that story is true about how the housekeeper was recording her soap operas she was gonna miss while out running an errand on a tape recorder and it picked up the gunshot that did George in and that shortly after the shot you can hear the door creep open slowly and then slowly close with the click of the bolt being heard as it closed. If so then that officially would rule out a suicide seeing as men who shoot themselves in the head usually don't open and close their front door before dying. Its not that unusual that he had George "Poppy" Bush Sr. in his address book, seeing how both were oilmen, however the letter he wrote to GHWB when he was CIA director begging for help against those who were expressing him was VERY interesting!

On 4/25/2021 at 12:47 AM, Jamey Flanagan said:

GDM, yet another one of those unfortunate souls that committed "suicide" just before testifying to the HSCA. I hope ya'll pick up the sarcasm in that statement, lol! Sometimes stories appear in books and become official legend to the research community, so I'm asking the more informed if that story is true about how the housekeeper was recording her soap operas she was gonna miss while out running an errand on a tape recorder and it picked up the gunshot that did George in and that shortly after the shot you can hear the door creep open slowly and then slowly close with the click of the bolt being heard as it closed. If so then that officially would rule out a suicide seeing as men who shoot themselves in the head usually don't open and close their front door before dying. Its not that unusual that he had George "Poppy" Bush Sr. in his address book, seeing how both were oilmen, however the letter he wrote to GHWB when he was CIA director begging for help against those who were expressing him was VERY interesting!

I can't claim to be "more informed" and it's been several years since I read about his "suicide".  I'd forgotten about the recording of the soap operas an other sounds (audio only on cassette I guess as VHS wasn't available then and it wouldn't have picked up external sounds). 

What I think I do remember was that even though the coroner declared suicide at least one of the investigators suspected otherwise.  Seems like someone from the HSCA, maybe Fonzi(?) went and talked to the local investigator and there was something about the placement of the shotgun in relation to the body in addition to the tape or something else.

That and Bill O'Reilly claimed to be on the front door step when the shot went off.  Only to never comment about it again.  Guess it scared him and he ran off, didn't want to admit it.

Bill O'Reilly Lied About Witnessing Suicide Of JFK Assassin's Friend, Former Co-Workers Say | HuffPost   

Edited by Ron Bulman

O'Reilly was, shall we say, less than candid about that.

He was not there and Gaeton Fonzi's tapes proved it, which his widow shared with Jeff Morley.