Jump to content
The Education Forum

Who is this guy? I never saw him before.


Recommended Posts

That was quite a quirky podcast. I found the connections interesting too, he was angling at the Rockefeller's a fair bit initially. 
He seemed not to know how and where Hammerskjold had died, which is a very notable death of that era. 
i must admit, I did enjoy Russ Baker’s “Family of secrets”. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I had never heard of this guy before someone posted a link on Facebook.

But he seems pretty bright, and he has good taste because Poulgrain's book is one of the best on that subject.  And Greg did some nice work of The Baron and the Dulles family.

Edited by James DiEugenio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is not relevant, or maybe it is, and really strange:

If there were two American families further apart, intellectually, socially, economically and geographically than the Oswalds and the Bouvier-Kennedys, I would be surprised. 

But the Bouvier-Kennedys and Oswald had a common friend: George De Mohrenschildt.

"While in New York, de Mohrenschildt became acquainted with the Bouvier family, including the young Jacqueline Bouvier, the future wife of John F. Kennedy. Jacqueline grew up calling de Mohrenschildt "Uncle George" and would sit on his knee.[19] He became a close friend of Jacqueline's aunt Edith Bouvier Beale.[20]"

And Uncle George became a "friend" of the guy who (allegedly) shoots Jacqueline's husband. 

You can't make this stuff up. Why does anyone bother to write fiction? Real history tops the cake every time. 

That's why we leave fiction-writing to credentialed historians and CIA mouthpieces. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, that is really what they call a cosmic irony.  "Uncle George" babysat the fall guy who killed Jackie's husband, who just happened to be the president.

And the Baron later admits that he would have never approached Oswald if it had not been for the request of J Walton Moore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re George DeMohrenschildt ... He said one of the greatest lines I've ever heard about this case:

"As it stands now Oswald was a lunatic who killed the President. Ruby was another lunatic who killed the lunatic who killed the President, and now we have the third lunatic supposedly, Garrison, who tries to investigate this whole case. I think it's extremely insulting to the United States, this assumption that there are so many lunatics here."

Of course the flaw in this is that the people who did this were lunatics, but not in the sense we've been led to understand that word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I had never heard of this guy before someone posted a link on Facebook.

But he seems pretty bright, and he has good taste because Poulgrain's book is one of the best on that subject.  And Greg did some nice work of The Baron and the Dulles family.

I liked that he was reading relevant passages from books, i’d watch a video a whole lot more like that. 
 

Some 3 hour discussions between credible JFK authors and researchers would be fantastic as a podcast. Its much easier to take in information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This is not relevant, or maybe it is, and really strange:

If there were two American families further apart, intellectually, socially, economically and geographically than the Oswalds and the Bouvier-Kennedys, I would be surprised. 

But the Bouvier-Kennedys and Oswald had a common friend: George De Mohrenschildt.

"While in New York, de Mohrenschildt became acquainted with the Bouvier family, including the young Jacqueline Bouvier, the future wife of John F. Kennedy. Jacqueline grew up calling de Mohrenschildt "Uncle George" and would sit on his knee.[19] He became a close friend of Jacqueline's aunt Edith Bouvier Beale.[20]"

And Uncle George became a "friend" of the guy who (allegedly) shoots Jacqueline's husband. 

You can't make this stuff up. Why does anyone bother to write fiction? Real history tops the cake every time. 

That's why we leave fiction-writing to credentialed historians and CIA mouthpieces. 

You’re spot on ....

Whilst networking is the name of the game in business, there could be more too it. Wasn’t Auchinloss (Jackies stepdad) quite a significant character in his day, perhaps it had something to do with that. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

Re George DeMohrenschildt ... He said one of the greatest lines I've ever heard about this case:

"As it stands now Oswald was a lunatic who killed the President. Ruby was another lunatic who killed the lunatic who killed the President, and now we have the third lunatic supposedly, Garrison, who tries to investigate this whole case. I think it's extremely insulting to the United States, this assumption that there are so many lunatics here."

Of course the flaw in this is that the people who did this were lunatics, but not in the sense we've been led to understand that word.

👋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's WIKI

However, It's at least a starting point informing summary of his life.

I am sure most forum members don't know the majority of life to death details of GDM's life that are presented in the WIKI piece.

To me, GDM is a fascinating character in the whole JFK/Oswald/Intelligence world affair.

George Sergius de Mohrenschildt (Russian: Георгий Сергеевич де Мореншильд; April 17, 1911 – March 29, 1977) was a petroleum geologist and professor who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1962.
Edited by Joe Bauer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GDM is a fascinating character and well worth researching...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, James DiEugenio said:

What the heck is a ScreamingOsprey?

He is reading from Greg Poulgrain's book JFK Vs Allen Dulles: Bettleground Indonesia

its interesting as heck how far back Allen Dulles went with the Von Mohrenschildt family.

Yes it is.  Dulles at 27 went to meet Georges daddy 100 years ago in 1921 on behalf of Standard Oil and the Rockefellers.  When George was 11.  Later in life Allen was there for George's Warren Omission testimony, as an "observer".  Thanks to you for alerting me to Dr. Poulgrain's book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to be aware of the book Ron. 

I wrote the Afterword for it, and Oliver Stone wrote the Introduction.

They have already run out of paperback copies of the book.  I don't think they foresaw how popular it would be even in a pandemic.

And BTW, as good as the book is on this topic, it is the best book ever in explaining what really happened in 1965 on the evening of September 30th.  Which was epochal. And it would have never happened if Kennedy had lived.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

So, starting in 1936 Dulles orchestrated a deception that wasn't exploited until after his death.  On behalf of the Rockefeller's, Standard Oil, Freeport Sulfur.

One that resulted in the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of poor, landless, rice farming Indonesians in the name of fighting communism.  In pursuit of Gold and Oil.

Given his other atrocities he couldn't let JFK screw up this deal.  One more nail in the coffin's of JFK and Dulles.   

Edited by Ron Bulman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...