The Education Forum

Sixth floor window sniper scope re-enactment pictures?

In Robert Groden's 1993 book "The Killing Of A President", starting on page 19 there is a short series of small round pictures showing a re-enactment from the viewpoint of a sixth floor window sniper scope.

20211101_221947.thumb.jpg.4a7890e5d7a1f2d8b2c88ea5cb10d6e1.jpg

(This picture is from page 21.)

Does anyone know from where these pictures were sourced and if they are available online for further examination? I'm trying to nail down as much as possible what a rifleperson would have been seeing through a scope at the moment of the first shot.

Wednesday, November 27, 1963 --

https://flashbackdallas.com/2015/10/07/first-jfk-assassination-reenactment-1963/

https://flashbackdallas.com/2016/03/19/the-official-government-reenactment-of-the-kennedy-assassination-nov-27-1963/

Video above includes 1964 Secret Service film short produced for public consumption.

The second article mentions a silent assemblage of recreation film that "has more footage."  It is now MIA on YouTube.

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

Thank you, David! That's very useful. There's additional footage on that video that seems to fill in some gaps. The closest date I had found so far was a mention of a re-enactment done in December 1963.

I revised the post this morning, to include more material.

I noticed the trunk of the limo gave off a bright reflection at one point. So looking at the Sun's position and elevation of 37 degrees during the shooting, the hood and trunk would have sent a bright reflection toward Oswald between frames 123 to 133. At 133 the Sun would line up with the trunk and the 6th floor East window. The reflection would have been very large as it spreads out with distance and would cover more than the entire window. In fact it would about 30 feet tall when it hit the TSBD. It is likely that a shooter in that window would have had a moment or two of blinding reflection because the alignment of Sun, trunk and window were exact at frame 133 for the trunk and maybe 123 for the hood.
 I wonder how intense that reflection would be if you are looking through a scope at that moment?

I discuss the re-enactments in great detail in Chapters 2 and 2b at patspeer.com, and occasionally throughout the rest of my chapters on the Warren Commission. The SS and FBI thought the original re-enactment placed the shots too close together to have been accomplished by Oswald. So they re-did it, only now claiming the third shot head shot took place with the car 30 feet or more further down the road than it was at 313. The Warren Commission caught this, however, and made them do it again, on May 24, 1964. This once again moved the shots too close together to have been done by Oswald. So the Warren Commission got around this by pretending the first shot may have been a miss and that Oswald could have made the shots irregardless if the first shot missed.

YtoPLo6BX6GlFunOQEyUgO6pz7y-kO8tg1EAssqy

Edited by Pat Speer