The Education Forum

Jim Hagerty first CTer ever

Never knew that Jim Hagerty was the first conspiracy theorist voicing his opinion on air on November 22. 1963 14h 20 Dallas time. Sitting in an ABC studio in New York, Eisenhowers former press secretary  says: "That has to be a conspiracy." The german Mauser is also mentioned.

Watch this clip. Starting point: 1h44min 23seconds

Edited by Karl Kinaski

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this to say about James Hagerty in 2014:

"There is a little bit of "conspiracy" theorizing and speculation, particularly from James Hagerty, who was a former White House press secretary and was an executive at ABC in 1963. Just a few hours after the assassination, Hagerty stated on live TV that JFK's murder had been the result of "a carefully planned conspiracy".

But such pure speculation on Hagerty's part was totally irresponsible. Hagerty, of course, had absolutely nothing to back up his claim about the President's murder being a conspiracy.

For the most part, however, the first-day television and radio coverage supports a ONE-assassin, THREE-shots-fired assassination scenario. And that is truly amazing if a multi-gun, six-shots-fired killing had really occurred--as so many conspiracy theorists seem to think did happen in Dealey Plaza.

Maybe [CTers] think that everybody at CBS, NBC, ABC, WFAA, KLIF, WBAP, and KRLD were all part of an immediate and wide-sweeping cover-up.

But, hey, miracles *can* happen from time to time, I suppose. After all, the Mets did win the Series in '69."

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/11/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-844.html

Nice one Karl.

28 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I had this to say about James Hagerty in 2014:

"There is a little bit of "conspiracy" theorizing and speculation, particularly from James Hagerty, who was a former White House press secretary and was an executive at ABC in 1963. Just a few hours after the assassination, Hagerty stated on live TV that JFK's murder had been the result of "a carefully planned conspiracy".

But such pure speculation on Hagerty's part was totally irresponsible. Hagerty, of course, had absolutely nothing to back up his claim about the President's murder being a conspiracy.

For the most part, however, the first-day television and radio coverage supports a ONE-assassin, THREE-shots-fired assassination scenario. And that is truly amazing if a multi-gun, six-shots-fired killing had really occurred--as so many conspiracy theorists seem to think did happen in Dealey Plaza.

Maybe [CTers] think that everybody at CBS, NBC, ABC, WFAA, KLIF, WBAP, and KRLD were all part of an immediate and wide-sweeping cover-up.

But, hey, miracles *can* happen from time to time, I suppose. After all, the Mets did win the Series in '69."

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/11/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-844.html

Is it possible JFK’s ‘inner circle’ were privy to more sensitive information but (probably wisely as far as their future was concerned…) kept it all a bit quiet…..?

4B412504-0022-492C-B803-3947C1753B61.jpeg.b0c2fce832a03f5db79997a927d82370.jpegKilduff points….

B19E876E-1511-4712-900F-EA831944E4A5.thumb.jpeg.639eaee285e19a8593b6767e13b32100.jpeg

Kilduff against the wall behind Aubrey Rike

I mention Kilduff as a prime example- the photos show him in the thick of it at the hospital then spilling the beans to the press. Not sure if he ever expanded on his thoughts, the WC certainly weren’t interested….

2 minutes ago, Sean Coleman said:

I mention Kilduff as a prime example- the photos show him in the thick of it at the hospital then spilling the beans to the press. Not sure if he ever expanded on his thoughts, the WC certainly weren’t interested….

@ David Von Pein

There was no initial Cover up of WFAA. Using a blackboard, starting at 43min05sec at this clip you provided on your Y Tube channel, WFAAs Jay Watson is demonstrating his audience where the shots came from. From the vincinity of the tripple underpass. The TSDB is not mentioned nor painted on Jay Watsons blackbord. No cover up here no TSDB. Shots from the front. Watch your clip. Shooter on the knoll. No cover up. BTW It is ca. 20 minutes past 1 o clock Dallas time when Watson is presenting his blackboard.

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Karl,

In Jay Watson's "blackboard" report (43 minutes into the video you linked above), Jay talks about how the shots were apparently coming from the OVERPASS, not the Grassy Knoll at all.

Now, do you (or any CTer) actually believe that any shots came from atop the Triple Underpass bridge?

As I said (with emphasis now added on my first four words)....

"For the most part, however, the first-day television and radio coverage supports a ONE-assassin, THREE-shots-fired assassination scenario. And that is truly amazing if a multi-gun, six-shots-fired killing had really occurred--as so many conspiracy theorists seem to think did happen in Dealey Plaza."

The-JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened-40-Hours-Logo-2.png

Edited by David Von Pein

David Von Pein

"For the most part, however, the first-day television and radio coverage supports a ONE-assassin, THREE-shots-fired assassination scenario. And that is truly amazing if a multi-gun, six-shots-fired killing had really occurred--as so many conspiracy theorists seem to think did happen in Dealey Plaza."

Yes. When everything and everybody was in the grip of the LN-cover. But at 1h20 Dallas time this day at WFAA a piece of the truth was slipping through ... well ahead of the Ossi and TSDB  tale ... 

1 hour ago, Karl Kinaski said:

But at 1h20 Dallas time this day at WFAA a piece of the truth was slipping through...

So, you think somebody was firing a weapon from on top of the Triple Underpass, eh? Okay.

Edited by David Von Pein

Chet Huntley on NBC at about 1:30 said the same thing that Kilduff did about the bullet to the temple.

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

Good interview, a nice obscure new one to me, thanks!

In a nutshell tho……

He observed the body for a good amount of time…….great! Here we go….

He points to his head at the press release…..yesyesyes….

He thinks Oswald acted alone….oh….

He thinks Oswald was actually aiming for John Connelly…..what..wait…..what????

He made the transition from JFK administration to LBJ administration…….ah. I see. It’s like that is it.

Kilduff you let us down man.

Re: Malcolm Kilduff....

Here's something I said to John Barbour in 2014:

"But you surely cannot believe that when Kilduff casually pointed to his temple that he was inferring that he knew precisely where the bullet entered, can you? That's absurd. Kilduff was merely pointing to his head in a general way to indicate that the President was killed by a bullet through his head/brain. Nothing more than that. And AFAIK, Kilduff was never a conspiracy believer (but I could be mistaken about that)."

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2016/10/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1196.html

There were three things that turned the story around from all those witnesses flying up the knoll, smoke on the knoll, and Kilduff and Huntley.

The Merriman Smith story

Truly giving Fritz Oswald's name

The police finding the (wrong) rifle that Oswald did not order.

Those three started the cover story.

I have to say, Oliver and I did a nice interview today for an Israeli outlet.

This is one year after the film debuted.

And not only are we still talking about it, its still selling.