The Education Forum

Myers-Barrett and the Tippit Murder

Just now, James DiEugenio said:

Oh please.

With all we know about Westbrook and Croy?

I mean even Farris Rookstool says it was Oswald's.

I’m not saying it wasn’t, and there is plenty of evidence that the wallet did contain Oswald’s ID. All I’m saying is that the scenario being pushed by Myers is no less damaging to the Oswald did it crowd than if the wallet was planted. That Myers seems willfully ignorant of that fact is pretty telling, IMO. 

Also -- Most people seem to be convinced that the Mystery Wallet was definitely found lying on the ground beside Tippit's body. But where's the PROOF that that is true? IMO, it might very well be a wallet that never touched the ground next to Tippit's body at all. It could most certainly be the wallet of a witness at the scene. Why would anybody categorically eliminate such a possibility when such a possibility most certainly can never be totally ruled out?

My best guess is: It was Tippit's wallet.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/wallets-part-2.html

Edited by David Von Pein

12 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t, and there is plenty of evidence that the wallet did contain Oswald’s ID. All I’m saying is that the scenario being pushed by Myers is no less damaging to the Oswald did it crowd than if the wallet was planted. That Myers seems willfully ignorant of that fact is pretty telling, IMO. 

I was not addressing you Tom.

I have DVP and BB on ignore. 

But every once in awhile I have to look at that stuff when someone else links to it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

32 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Also -- Most people seem to be convinced that the Mystery Wallet was definitely found lying on the ground beside Tippit's body. But where's the PROOF that that is true? IMO, it might very well be a wallet that never touched the ground next to Tippit's body at all. It could most certainly be the wallet of a witness at the scene. Why would Myers (or anybody else) categorically eliminate such a possibility when such a possibility most certainly can never be totally ruled out?

Myers, who’s as biased as it gets against Oswald, studied this in excruciating detail and concluded that the wallet did not belong to a witness. Sure the possibility cannot be categorically eliminated, but if we’re talking probabilities here, according to Myers’ own analysis, the exalted LN expert on all things Tippit, there is a much higher probability that the wallet was dropped by Tippit’s real killer than a witness at the scene. See my first comment in this thread for a plausible scenario that is at least as (I think a heck of a lot more) likely than the wallet falling out of a random bystander’s pocket. Myers seems willfully blind to the implications of his own research on this, and it’s pretty obvious why that’s the case.

The evidence surrounding this wallet is not proof, but it is damaging to Myers’ thesis no matter how you spin it, planted or not, Oswald ID or no Oswald ID.  

Edited by Tom Gram

15 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

See my first comment in this thread for a plausible scenario that is at least as (I think a heck of a lot more) likely than the wallet falling out of a random bystander’s pocket.

Who the heck has ever speculated that the wallet would have just FALLEN OUT of a bystander's pocket? I've never heard anyone suggest any such thing.

There were several male witnesses there at the murder scene who could have conceivably handed their wallet to the police for some reason that day. Ted Callaway, IMO, being by far the most likely to have done so (given the incredible ballsy actions he took on 11/22).

Edited by David Von Pein

1 minute ago, David Von Pein said:

Who the heck has ever speculated that the wallet would have just FALLEN OUT of a bystander's pocket? I've never heard anyone suggest any such thing.

There were several male witnesses there at the murder scene who could have conceivably handed their wallet to the police for some reason that day. Ted Callaway, IMO, being by far the most likely to have done so (given the incredible ballsy actions he took on 11/22).

Check my previous comments in this thread. The wallet isn’t Callaway’s:

It doesn't seem to be connected to a witness based on the way police are handling it. The one witness who might be a chief candidate - Ted Callaway - said he was never asked for his wallet upon his return to the scene with Tippit's service revolver, nor is the wallet depicted his. Everyone I spoke with - police, witnesses, and ambulance attendants - said that no wallet was found near Tippit's patrol car. Croy said he was handed a wallet by an unknown individual but didn't no where it was found. - Dale Myers 

Myers is absolutely correct that the way the police are handling the wallet does not reflect a routine ID check of a witness. Croy stated that a witness saw the killer ditch his wallet during his escape. 

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I was not addressing you Tom.

I have DVP and BB on ignore.  For obvious reasons, including mental health.

But every once in awhile I have to look at that rubbish when someone else links to it.

Was that Mental Health insult really necessary? 

3 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Right, but you don't think the fact that a wallet was found that was not Oswald's might be a significant piece of evidence? According to Myers the wallet did not belong to a witness, and the only information we have is a belated recollection from Croy that a witness claimed it was tossed by the killer as he was fleeing the scene. If it didn't belong to a witness, and didn't belong to Oswald...whose wallet might it be? What does the evidence really tell us here? Once Oswald was arrested and the police had their man, this wallet, that could very well have belonged to the real killer of Tippit would have been deemed irrelevant to the case. Like I said previously, the wallet is hardly an irrelevant data point, and for Myers to claim otherwise is, to quote Pat Speer: "Drool on the floor stupid. Stoopid."

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2020/11/emory-austin-his-daughter-mary-and.html

3 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

If Emory Austin’s wallet was found “in the shrubs” and turned over to police, no one alive remembers it that way. Certainly, there’s nothing to suggest that it did happen that way, other than wishful thinking and a string of unconnected dots.

This is one of Myers’ final paragraphs. Quite the ringing endorsement of his own theory…

9 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

If Emory Austin’s wallet was found “in the shrubs” and turned over to police, no one alive remembers it that way. Certainly, there’s nothing to suggest that it did happen that way, other than wishful thinking and a string of unconnected dots.

This is one of Myers’ final paragraphs. Quite the ringing endorsement of his own theory…

Sounds like a pretty fair comment by Myers.

And yet he is constantly accused of having a natural bias in favor of Oswald's guilt.