The Education Forum

Going postal on Mrs. Postal

6 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

$14 in cash to get way away from Dallas after killing the President., then hiding in a theater.  My, Oswald was stupid was he not?

How did he ever become a U-2 Radar operator with the security clearance necessary or learn Russian so proficiently at such a young age if he was so stupid?

Good point, Ron. It doesn't add up, does it ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply, Gil. I take onboard all your points regarding witness intimidation, but even in subsequent interviews, Burroughs never addressed the thorny issue of Oswald's ticket, save for the reference in Jim Marrs book about Postal supposedly knowing she had sold him a ticket. But if she had indeed sold him a ticket, why didn't he present it for checking as Burroughs would presumably have mentioned to a more friendly interviewer? And, of course, no stub was inventoried as being found in his possession. Postal's WR testimony does at least clear up the matter of how tickets were checked.

Mrs. POSTAL. Just the usher, which, as I said, works the concession and ticket. Mr. BALL. What was his name? Mrs. POSTAL. Warren Burroughs. Call him Butch. Mr. BALL. Butch Burroughs? Mrs. POSTAL. Uh-huh. Mr. BALL. Was he stationed inside the door, the entrance to the theatre? Mrs. POSTAL. Yes, sir; he stays, actually, behind the concession counter, but as I said, the concession runs for the entire way as you go in the door and it runs this way so that you can see the door and steps insides, and tears tickets.

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Postal.pdf

Section of Ian Griggs' interview with Johnny Calvin Brewer on Monday 25th November 1996 in  Austin, Texas.  I have previously thought that the balcony of the Texas Theatre was attended by a number of young men, as well as the purported Oswald lookalike or the character supposedly removed from the balcony and taken out the side exit.

Johnny Calvin Brewer: I said Julie, did you sell a ticket....?  and I gave her a description of the guy.  She said no, she hadn't.  She'd been out on the street watching.  And I said, "Julie, I'm gonna go inside and see if I can see him- there's something funny." 

Ian Griggs: "You went in and saw someone didn't you?"

J.C.B: "Yes, as I walked inside, Butch Burroughs.  He was the concessionaire and ticket taker and whatever else and I asked Butch if he had seen anybody in the theatre and he said no but he had been down behind the counter stocking concessions and whatever.  He had not seen anybody, and I said Butch come on with me and we went up into the balcony.  And using the screen as a backlight we could see that there were no heads up there."

I.G.: So the balcony was totally empty.

J.C.B.: Yeah. 

Section of Ian Griggs' interview with Johnny Calvin Brewer on Monday 25th November 1996 in  Austin, Texas. 

Ian Griggs: To your knowledge, was Lee Harvey Oswald ever one of your customers?

J.C.B.: Yes he was.

I.G.: So that obviously means that you'd seen him in the shop?

J.C.B.: At the time that I saw him at the theatre, I knew that I had seen this guy before-and possibly that's why he got my attention.  Not the main reason he got my attention.  I did not place him until, I don't know, it may have been a month before.  I could even tell you the shoe that he bought.  It was a two-eyelet, crepe soled shoe, model 8110, size eight and a half.

I.G.: Robert Groden has said-and I don't know a source for this-that Oswald once entered your shop, tried on almost every  shoe in the place and left without buying anything.  Is there any truth to that?

J.C.B.: No.  He bought.  He was very fastidious and meticulous-or just a jerk.  I'm not quite sure which.

I.G.: And there was just this one occasion?

J.C.B.: Just on the one occasion. Like I say, I didn't have a clue who he was-just a sale.  Certain customers stand out in your mind and you try to avoid them next time you see them coming.  He was a pain in the butt.

I.G.: So there was something about him?

J.C.B.: Oh sure-yeah.

I.G.: Did he pay cash money-a normal sale?

J.C.B.: A normal transaction, yes.

I.G.: How long before the assassination was that John?  Can you remember?

J.C.B.: That I cannot remember.  I do not know.  It was probably only a matter of weeks-but again it could have been months.  I'm not sure.  I don't know.  I can only place him as a customer who bought that model 8110 black two-eyelet crepe-soled shoe for five dollars and seventy cents.

I.G.: Okay, let's get on to the day itself-22nd November 1963.  You were at work in the shop that day.  How did you hear about the shooting of Kennedy?

J.C.B.: I was listening to a radio broadcast on a portable radio I had.

I.G.: I know this is a crazy question but is there any way of recalling which programme, which station, you were listening to?

J.C.B.: A Dallas station.  I have a feeling it may have been KLIF.  That would be one of the stations that I would ordinarily be listening to, but I honestly don't know.  It was just the normal run of the motorcade and all of a sudden you hear all the commotion, and then you hear something about shots being fired and then-you know.

I.G.: So it was actually being broadcast live.  I see.  What about Tippit's murder?

J.C.B.: I also-now that was just a few blocks away.  But I heard there was a shooting in the Oak Cliff area-now they didn't say anything about who it was.  I don't recall that it was said that there was a policeman down, or what, but I do recall something about a shooting in the Oak Cliff area, and just very shortly after that the sirens of the cars all converging on Zangs and Jefferson or just going towards it.

I.G.: So you're interested, obviously, because it's close by your location

J.C.B.: Oh yeah, yeah.  But never ever connecting what happened here to downtown.

To confirm Brewer's recall of the shoe sale to Oswald, the Dallas FBI office made an inventory of Oswald's effects taken from 1026 N. Beckley.  On that list was 'A pair of mans black leather low quarter shoes "John Hardy brand".

Edited by Pete Mellor
Add info

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Section of Ian Griggs' interview with Johnny Calvin Brewer on Monday 25th November 1996 in  Austin, Texas. 

Ian Griggs: To your knowledge, was Lee Harvey Oswald ever one of your customers?

J.C.B.: Yes he was.

I.G.: So that obviously means that you'd seen him in the shop?

J.C.B.: At the time that I saw him at the theatre, I knew that I had seen this guy before-and possibly that's why he got my attention.  Not the main reason he got my attention.  I did not place him until, I don't know, it may have been a month before.  I could even tell you the shoe that he bought.  It was a two-eyelet, crepe soled shoe, model 8110, size eight and a half.

I.G.: Robert Groden has said-and I don't know a source for this-that Oswald once entered your shop, tried on almost every  shoe in the place and left without buying anything.  Is there any truth to that?

J.C.B.: No.  He bought.  He was very fastidious and meticulous-or just a jerk.  I'm not quite sure which.

I.G.: And there was just this one occasion?

J.C.B.: Just on the one occasion. Like I say, I didn't have a clue who he was-just a sale.  Certain customers stand out in your mind and you try to avoid them next time you see them coming.  He was a pain in the butt.

I.G.: So there was something about him?

J.C.B.: Oh sure-yeah.

I.G.: Did he pay cash money-a normal sale?

J.C.B.: A normal transaction, yes.

I.G.: How long before the assassination was that John?  Can you remember?

J.C.B.: That I cannot remember.  I do not know.  It was probably only a matter of weeks-but again it could have been months.  I'm not sure.  I don't know.  I can only place him as a customer who bought that model 8110 black two-eyelet crepe-soled shoe for five dollars and seventy cents.

I.G.: Okay, let's get on to the day itself-22nd November 1963.  You were at work in the shop that day.  How did you hear about the shooting of Kennedy?

J.C.B.: I was listening to a radio broadcast on a portable radio I had.

I.G.: I know this is a crazy question but is there any way of recalling which programme, which station, you were listening to?

J.C.B.: A Dallas station.  I have a feeling it may have been KLIF.  That would be one of the stations that I would ordinarily be listening to, but I honestly don't know.  It was just the normal run of the motorcade and all of a sudden you hear all the commotion, and then you hear something about shots being fired and then-you know.

I.G.: So it was actually being broadcast live.  I see.  What about Tippit's murder?

J.C.B.: I also-now that was just a few blocks away.  But I heard there was a shooting in the Oak Cliff area-now they didn't say anything about who it was.  I don't recall that it was said that there was a policeman down, or what, but I do recall something about a shooting in the Oak Cliff area, and just very shortly after that the sirens of the cars all converging on Zangs and Jefferson or just going towards it.

I.G.: So you're interested, obviously, because it's close by your location

J.C.B.: Oh yeah, yeah.  But never ever connecting what happened here to downtown.

To confirm Brewer's recall of the shoe sale to Oswald, the Dallas FBI office made an inventory of Oswald's effects taken from 1026 N. Beckley.  On that list was 'A pair of mans black leather low quarter shoes "John Hardy brand".

If the shoes were recovered from 1026 North Beckley, they would have had to have been purchased after he moved in there, October 14th. Looking at the picture, ( the black shoes in the middle ) they don't look like they're in bad shape, but do they look like they're only a month old ?

oswald-shoes-beckley.jpg

So Brewer could remember the model number, color, the size of the shoe, the type of sole, how many eyelets it had and the price he paid for it, but couldn't remember when it was purchased. Didn't Hardy's keep sales records ?

Was it on a weekday when his housekeeper, Mrs. Roberts, said he'd come home, go to his room and never come out ( 6 H 437 ), or was it on a weekend when he was at the Paine's house in Irving ( ibid. ) ?

Isn't an 8 1/2 shoe a little small for a guy who was ( according to his DOD card ) 5-11 ? I'm 6ft and my shoe size is 10 1/2. 

How could Oswald buy shoes at Hardy's when all of his time after October 14th is accounted for by his job at the TSBD, his housekeeper, his wife and Mrs. Paine ?

Was it Oswald who bought the shoes or someone who resembled him ? And if someone else bought them, how did they make it into the items recovered from his room at 1026 No. Beckley ?

Makes you wonder.

Top 9 problems with Johnny Brewer I know of:

1. Brewer's first statement was made on 12/6/63, two weeks after the assassination, not the same day or the day after, which would have been preferable for an important witness. 

2. Brewer claimed to have SEEN, not heard, Police vehicles passing by a location where they almost certainly were not present.

3. Brewer claimed to have heard a description of the suspect on the radio BEFORE he saw the suspect, even though evidently no such description was circulating public airwaves at this time. 

4. Brewer claimed to SEE the suspect enter the Texas Theater without buying a ticket, yet he also claimed to have asked the clerk if the suspect bought a ticket. 

5. As summarized on harveyandlee.net:  A very close friend of Jack Ruby's, Tommy Rowe, worked at Hardy's Shoe Store with Brewer. In 1964 Rowe told friends, relatives, and JFK researchers that it was he, NOT Brewer, who pointed out (HARVEY) Oswald to the police in the dark of the Texas Theater. Rowe was so close to Jack Ruby that Rowe moved into Ruby's apartment when Ruby went to jail for killing HARVEY Oswald. (Click here to see Midlothian Mirror editorial about Tommy Rowe.)  (Click here for a 3/1/68 Los Angeles Free Press interview with Penn Jones and Roger Craig also discussing Tommy Rowe.) Unfortunately, Tommy Rowe was never interviewed by the DPD or FBI or WC or HSCA. It is worth repeating that in 1967 the New Orleans District Attorney's office interviewed Tommy Rowe, who lived in Apt. 206 at 223 S. Ewing (the same apartment occupied by Jack Ruby in 1963). Mr. Rowe said that he told shoe store manager Johnny Brewer that he saw a man wear­ing a brown shirt enter the Texas Theater on the afternoon of November 22, 1963. If Rowe's statement is true then Johnny Brewer never saw the man in the brown shirt in front of his store, enter the theater, nor did he point out (HARVEY) to the police.

6. When interviewed by Ian Griggs, Brewer claimed that two acquaintances were also present in the shoe store, who he would not identify besides to say they were employees of IBM.  Note: this may have been debunked already.

7. As summarized by Gokay Hasan Yusuf on KennedysAndKing.com: When Ian Griggs interviewed Johnny Brewer in 1996, Brewer told him that he heard Oswald shout out "It's all over"; or words to that effect (Griggs, No Case to Answer, page 64). But when Brewer testified before the Warren Commission, Brewer merely claimed that he heard some hollering, and that he couldn't make out exactly what Oswald said (WC Volume VII, page 6)

8. ibid: When Johnny Brewer testified before the Warren Commission, he claimed that he observed a gun in Oswald's hand aimed "up in the air" (WC Volume VII, page 6). During his interview with Ian Griggs in 1996, he now claimed that Oswald was trying to shoot McDonald in the head (Griggs, No Case to Answer, page 64). Yet, none of the other witnesses and the arresting Officers, let alone Nick McDonald, claimed that this is what they had seen during the scuffle. Moreover, Brewer's claim is directly contradicted by Charles Walker, who stated that the gun was pointed about waist high.

9. ibid: When Johnny Calvin Brewer, the shoe store manager who allegedly witnessed Oswald duck into the Theater without paying, testified before the Warren Commission on April 2, 1964, he claimed that he heard someone holler "He's got a gun" (ibid, page 6). Brewer explained that before he heard this, he had seen a gun "...come up and - in Oswald's hand, a gun up in the air" (ibid). But as discussed in part 1 of this writer's review of With Malice, this was most certainly a lie (see under the subheading VI: Closing in). Aside from Hill and Brewer, this writer knows of no other officer (or witness) who claimed that they heard someone yell out that Oswald had a gun. This writer is also unaware of any officer/witness who took credit for yelling out that Oswald had a gun.

2 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

oswald-shoes-beckley.jpg

Isn't an 8 1/2 shoe a little small for a guy who was ( according to his DOD card ) 5-11 ? I'm 6ft and my shoe size is 10 1/2. 

My dad was 5-11 and he wore a size 8-1/2 shoe.  I used to borrow his dress shoes for school dances in junior high. Now I'm 6-1 and wear a size 13. But a size 8-1/2 on a person 5-11 isn't out of line in my limited experience.

10 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

If the shoes were recovered from 1026 North Beckley, they would have had to have been purchased after he moved in there, October 14th. Looking at the picture, ( the black shoes in the middle ) they don't look like they're in bad shape, but do they look like they're only a month old ?

oswald-shoes-beckley.jpg

So Brewer could remember the model number, color, the size of the shoe, the type of sole, how many eyelets it had and the price he paid for it, but couldn't remember when it was purchased. Didn't Hardy's keep sales records ?

Was it on a weekday when his housekeeper, Mrs. Roberts, said he'd come home, go to his room and never come out ( 6 H 437 ), or was it on a weekend when he was at the Paine's house in Irving ( ibid. ) ?

How could Oswald buy shoes at Hardy's when all of his time after October 14th is accounted for by his job at the TSBD, his housekeeper, his wife and Mrs. Paine ?

Was it Oswald who bought the shoes or someone who resembled him ? And if someone else bought them, how did they make it into the items recovered from his room at 1026 No. Beckley ?

Makes you wonder.

Gil, Not seen a photograph of the N. Beckley items before, just a typed listing of items.  I agree, many points of Brewer's statements 'makes you wonder'.

I did wonder at his statement in the Ian Griggs interview about the theatre balcony being totally empty.

It's all a case for Peter Falk!

10 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Top 9 problems with Johnny Brewer I know of:

1. Brewer's first statement was made on 12/6/63, two weeks after the assassination, not the same day or the day after, which would have been preferable for an important witness. 

2. Brewer claimed to have SEEN, not heard, Police vehicles passing by a location where they almost certainly were not present.

3. Brewer claimed to have heard a description of the suspect on the radio BEFORE he saw the suspect, even though evidently no such description was circulating public airwaves at this time. 

4. Brewer claimed to SEE the suspect enter the Texas Theater without buying a ticket, yet he also claimed to have asked the clerk if the suspect bought a ticket. 

5. As summarized on harveyandlee.net:  A very close friend of Jack Ruby's, Tommy Rowe, worked at Hardy's Shoe Store with Brewer. In 1964 Rowe told friends, relatives, and JFK researchers that it was he, NOT Brewer, who pointed out (HARVEY) Oswald to the police in the dark of the Texas Theater. Rowe was so close to Jack Ruby that Rowe moved into Ruby's apartment when Ruby went to jail for killing HARVEY Oswald. (Click here to see Midlothian Mirror editorial about Tommy Rowe.)  (Click here for a 3/1/68 Los Angeles Free Press interview with Penn Jones and Roger Craig also discussing Tommy Rowe.) Unfortunately, Tommy Rowe was never interviewed by the DPD or FBI or WC or HSCA. It is worth repeating that in 1967 the New Orleans District Attorney's office interviewed Tommy Rowe, who lived in Apt. 206 at 223 S. Ewing (the same apartment occupied by Jack Ruby in 1963). Mr. Rowe said that he told shoe store manager Johnny Brewer that he saw a man wear­ing a brown shirt enter the Texas Theater on the afternoon of November 22, 1963. If Rowe's statement is true then Johnny Brewer never saw the man in the brown shirt in front of his store, enter the theater, nor did he point out (HARVEY) to the police.

6. When interviewed by Ian Griggs, Brewer claimed that two acquaintances were also present in the shoe store, who he would not identify besides to say they were employees of IBM.  Note: this may have been debunked already.

7. As summarized by Gokay Hasan Yusuf on KennedysAndKing.com: When Ian Griggs interviewed Johnny Brewer in 1996, Brewer told him that he heard Oswald shout out "It's all over"; or words to that effect (Griggs, No Case to Answer, page 64). But when Brewer testified before the Warren Commission, Brewer merely claimed that he heard some hollering, and that he couldn't make out exactly what Oswald said (WC Volume VII, page 6)

8. ibid: When Johnny Brewer testified before the Warren Commission, he claimed that he observed a gun in Oswald's hand aimed "up in the air" (WC Volume VII, page 6). During his interview with Ian Griggs in 1996, he now claimed that Oswald was trying to shoot McDonald in the head (Griggs, No Case to Answer, page 64). Yet, none of the other witnesses and the arresting Officers, let alone Nick McDonald, claimed that this is what they had seen during the scuffle. Moreover, Brewer's claim is directly contradicted by Charles Walker, who stated that the gun was pointed about waist high.

9. ibid: When Johnny Calvin Brewer, the shoe store manager who allegedly witnessed Oswald duck into the Theater without paying, testified before the Warren Commission on April 2, 1964, he claimed that he heard someone holler "He's got a gun" (ibid, page 6). Brewer explained that before he heard this, he had seen a gun "...come up and - in Oswald's hand, a gun up in the air" (ibid). But as discussed in part 1 of this writer's review of With Malice, this was most certainly a lie (see under the subheading VI: Closing in). Aside from Hill and Brewer, this writer knows of no other officer (or witness) who claimed that they heard someone yell out that Oswald had a gun. This writer is also unaware of any officer/witness who took credit for yelling out that Oswald had a gun.

Yeah, Micah you posted this same piece in another thread a few years back.  Could a problem No.10 be his statement of a totally deserted theatre balcony?  I have previously read of a number of youths being sat in the balcony as well as a purported 2nd arrest from there.

25 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Gil, Not seen a photograph of the N. Beckley items before, just a typed listing of items.  I agree, many points of Brewer's statements 'makes you wonder'.

I did wonder at his statement in the Ian Griggs interview about the theatre balcony being totally empty.

It's all a case for Peter Falk!

Pete, I went back and checked the timeline and it seems like there  WAS a period where Oswald could have bought the shoes. It was between the time he came back from Mexico ( Oct. 3rd ) and the time he got the job at the TSBD ( Oct. 16 ). He was staying at the YMCA at the time and looking for work. It makes sense that he'd want a new pair of shoes to wear to job interviews.

If the purchase was made on a weekday, it had to have been the week of Oct. 6-10. I'm surprised the FBI couldn't figure that out and come up with a sales slip.

It just seems strange to me that Brewer could remember every detail of the transaction except the date.

3 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

He was staying at the YMCA at the time and looking for work. It makes sense that he'd want a new pair of shoes to wear to job interviews.

I'm not fully conversant with the topography of Dallas, but wasn't the YMCA in the downtown area?  If so, would he go shoe shopping in Oak Cliff?

6 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

It just seems strange to me that Brewer could remember every detail of the transaction except the date.

Yes, I found his shoe detail given to Griggs some 35 years after the fact very surprising, but NOT too surprising he couldn't recall a date for the sale.

12 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Micah, On September 15, 1967 one of Jim Garrison's investigators, Bill Boxley, compiled a list of Dallas witnesses and their addresses and phone numbers. On page 2 of that document is the name of Tommy Rowe who Boxley noted, "allegedly told shoe store manager OSWALD had gone into theater."

Boxley-Misc-04_pg1-2.jpg

This is the same document Armstrong cites on page 859 ( "Dallas Miscellany", pg. 2 ) as the source that Garrison's office interviewed Rowe and that Rowe told them that he saw a man with a brown shirt enter the Texas Theater. As you can see, it says no such thing. It's hard to imagine Armstrong, or anyone else, misinterpreting the evidence. Either his citation is wrong or he misrepresented what the document really said.

Brewer told Griggs that he thought the radio station he was listening to was KLIF and testified that he heard that a police officer had been shot ( 7 H 2 ) and a description of the suspect was broadcast. ( CD 735, pg. 266 ) But Mrs. Postal was listening to KLIF ( 7 H 9 ) at the same time and didn't even know a policeman had been shot until after Oswald was in custody ( 7 H 13 ).

How did she not hear the broadcast ?

Brewer told the FBI that he and Burroughs "looked over the patrons" and "did not see this person". ( CD 735, pg. 266 ) Why not ? If he saw Oswald in the window of his store and he looked familiar in the store window, why didn't he recognize him in the theater ?

Because he never saw him in the window and the theater was too dark to determine color. He was looking for a brown shirt.

I believe Rowe was the one who told Brewer about the man in the window. I believe he described him only as having a brown shirt. I believe that it was Rowe who saw him in the lobby and Rowe who went out to the sidewalk. I believe Rowe was the one who recognized him. I believe Rowe told Brewer the man went into the theater.  I don't believe Rowe went down to the theater and pointed Oswald out. He couldn't just leave the store like that, he was only a clerk. But the manager could. Besides, all evidence points to Brewer as the one who approached Mrs. Postal.

The evidence indicates that it was physicaly impossible for anyone standing in front of the shoe store to see someone 60 yards away enter the theater's recessed doors. Brewer's comment to Mrs. Postal that the man went right by her because she was facing west ( 7 H 11 ) indicates that he had no idea which way the man went. The fact that he couldn't even tell whether the man's pants were light colored or dark ( 7 H 3 ) indicates that he never saw him walking down the sidewalk. 

Brewer went looking for a guy in a brown shirt. This was the only description he had of a man he hadn't seen, but was told about. When the lights went on in the theater, he saw Oswald wearing a brown shirt and assumed he was the guy Rowe saw.

Then we have Burroughs saying that Postal DID sell Oswald a ticket. Did Oswald enter the theater, not seeing Burroughs and simply "slipped" in with his ticket ? Did Burroughs miss him as he went by ? Did he come out to the lobby later, as Jack Davis indicated, to have his ticket checked by Burroughs ? Is that why Burroughs said Oswald "slipped into" the theater between 1:00 and 1:07, because he never saw him until he came to the concession stand at 1:07 to get his ticket torn ? If that's true, people want to know where the ticket stub is. Could Oswald have thrown it away ? Or was it in his pocket when he was arrested and "morphed" into the bus transfer ?

There's a lot of smoke there.

Edited by Gil Jesus

10 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

There's a lot of smoke there.

Holy smoke, that's a very interesting post Gil.  Not just food for thought, a veritable banquet!

David Von Pein wrote on his blog---

In any event, it's quite clear that at least one of the radio stations in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area had provided, prior to approximately 1:36 PM (Dallas time), a bulletin concerning the shooting of a police officer in Oak Cliff. We know that whatever radio station Johnny Calvin Brewer was listening to on 11/22/63 most definitely did broadcast such a bulletin (most likely somewhere between 1:30 PM and 1:35 PM).

I am surprised [though not much] at this blanket lack of scrutiny when it comes to the isolation of the facts... Paramount to claiming that perhaps -maybe ..Johnny Brewer must have been listening to some underground radio station possessing facts not available to the mainstream local broadcasts. At 1:30 these ears were glued to the news from Parkland and the condition of President Kennedy. Furthermore, no one else has ever claimed to have heard anything about a police involved shooting before that announcement..."Ladies and gentlemen the president is dead." and before squads of cops invaded the Texas Theater.

With out this part of the story...the hinges start coming off on how the Dallas Police managed to zero in on the whereabouts of their man. So how is it that what we can't find..is so clear?

39 minutes ago, Karl Hilliard said:

David Von Pein wrote on his blog---

In any event, it's quite clear that at least one of the radio stations in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area had provided, prior to approximately 1:36 PM (Dallas time), a bulletin concerning the shooting of a police officer in Oak Cliff. We know that whatever radio station Johnny Calvin Brewer was listening to on 11/22/63 most definitely did broadcast such a bulletin (most likely somewhere between 1:30 PM and 1:35 PM).

Typical Von Peinspeak. No evidence, just commentary. He uses terms like "quite clear", "one of the radio stations" "whatever radio station.....most definitely did broadcast" and "most likely".

LNers use these terms when they can't provide evidence for their argument.

Brewer told the FBI he heard the description of the man wanted for the Tippit shooting on the radio and the man in the window "resembled this person".

CD-735-pg.-266.png

Brewer made no such claim that he heard a description of the suspect in his affidavit of December 5, 1963 nor during his Warren Commission testimony only a month after the above FBI statement. Why not ? And why did he tell the FBI that ?

Ask Von Pein what radio station broadcast the description of the man and at what time ?