The Education Forum

JFK Reloaded - the video game!

Has anyone played this vid game? Some may call it bad taste, some may find it a valuable research tool…

I’ve been a big gamer fan since the 80’s and the YouTube footage looks fairly realistic but it seems the game is only available on a PC - unfortunately I’m a corporate slut and only use Apple.

Check it out, looks good, may have to dig out an old compoota to give it a whirl

F93F4A65-4689-4295-A137-EB374CA53477.jpeg.4afe8080ff48b1867c9cacc7275fb362.jpegFBD6809A-589E-4710-9088-9ABA49BA1D74.jpeg.4dd2522cc5dd03199e3c56a59b0e6630.jpeg31CCC46F-36D5-4F59-B02A-4A49F8971BC3.jpeg.06c5542d81ad35af651f81f5daf64908.jpegFF011FAF-16F2-43FA-89B3-CAD16E085CBB.jpeg.f4a63a4a9ed754ec67ae2e625da9a35b.jpeg

Yes MM, the geometry looks good. I think the game is quite realistic with the 6th floor views, vehicle speed and reloading time all true to life. And omg JFK looks distant in pic 3. In the game you can shoot whenever you like and a report is added at the end as in pic 4 (I’m guessing, as I don’t recall Mrs.Connelly being shot in the toe…).

I played this game when it came out. I remember there was quite a controversy about it, and whether it was in bad taste. The object of the game was to replicate the shots supposedly fired by Oswald, but it was just so repetitive, as a game, that I dropped it pretty quickly. That was all before my interest in the case, I'd probably get more out of it now. The graphics and mechanics were great for the time though.

This video game looks like a Warren Commission/CIA fantasy version of the JFK assassination.

Does the game have a more realistic version, with the assassin standing behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll?

11 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

This video game looks like a Warren Commission/CIA fantasy version of the JFK assassination.

Does the game have a more realistic version, with the assassin standing behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll?

That would be an interesting stealth game - shoot Kennedy from the Knoll and then try to quickly escape in a way that maintains consistency with all of the real-life photographic evidence.

3 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

That would be an interesting stealth game - shoot Kennedy from the Knoll and then try to quickly escape in a way that maintains consistency with all of the real-life photographic evidence.

You'd think with the technology available today, a down-to-the-centimeter accurate interactive simulation of Dealey Plaza and the surrounding buildings would be very feasible - but it would probably cost an obscene amount of money to develop.  Heck you could even do greater Dallas and simulate the entire assassination, Tippit killing and arrest, and program the movements of all the key players based on witness statements, etc. 

It would be an extremely valuable research tool. You could run different scenarios, the possibilities are really endless. According to Google, GTA V cost  $265 million to develop. This would me a much smaller map but with a lot more necessary precision in certain areas. Who's got a quarter billion lying around and wants to finance a video game? 

7 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

You'd think with the technology available today, a down-to-the-centimeter accurate interactive simulation of Dealey Plaza and the surrounding buildings would be very feasible - but it would probably cost an obscene amount of money to develop.  Heck you could even do greater Dallas and simulate the entire assassination, Tippit killing and arrest, and program the movements of all the key players based on witness statements, etc. 

It would be an extremely valuable research tool. You could run different scenarios, the possibilities are really endless. According to Google, GTA V cost  $265 million to develop. This would me a much smaller map but with a lot more necessary precision in certain areas. Who's got a quarter billion lying around and wants to finance a video game? 

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27640-the-latest-january-2021-update-on-angelos-leiloglous-3d-model-of-dealey-plaza/

2 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Are you referring to all of the people on film who ran up to the Grassy Knoll after the murder, rather than running to the TSBD?  🤥

As for the video game, anyone who thinks the fatal head shot was fired from the TSBD is living in a fantasy world where Newton's laws of motion have been suspended.

4 hours ago, Mike Hardwick said:

I played this game when it came out. I remember there was quite a controversy about it, and whether it was in bad taste. The object of the game was to replicate the shots supposedly fired by Oswald, but it was just so repetitive, as a game, that I dropped it pretty quickly. That was all before my interest in the case, I'd probably get more out of it now. The graphics and mechanics were great for the time though.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread because I do find the idea of a video game about shooting JFK in bad taste.  I've never considered the case a parlor game.  Much less this.  Given the comments about modern simulation maybe there is something to be learned from it.  But as entertainment for the masses, imho, it is in bad taste.

Edited by Ron Bulman