The Education Forum

Oswald's alibi

Roger Odisio

9 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

I’m not sure what the date is on that Schweiker quote, but if it was after December ‘75 the Committee had some pretty compelling evidence that Oswald was some type of agent or asset. Orestes Pena testified that he saw Oswald associating with federal agents in New Orleans - and one of those agents, INS investigator Wendell Roache, admitted that he “saw Oswald around all the time” in his first contact with the Committee and said that Oswald “had an office in…” before he was cut off and asked to come in and testify. Roache subsequently backtracked and claimed he only saw Oswald once, but he did say that Oswald was observed during INS surveillance on David Ferrie and that he was “known to be a member of Ferrie’s group”, and that “Garrison had something…he had good intelligence information” - pretty provocative stuff from a federal agent.

The Committee deposed Pena, Roache, and at least two other INS officials including the Chief of the New Orleans investigative division Art Bero. All of that testimony has completely vanished. All we have left is a couple pre-interview reports and footnotes to missing testimony in the rough drafts of the Hart-Schweiker report. One of the surviving reports even says that the Committee spoke to INS/Customs agents from Dallas.

Also, there is nothing left on Bero other than the scheduling date for his testimony. Bero was heavily involved in the initial assassination investigation as a liaison with the FBI and CIA, plus he was Roache’s direct supervisor - so a critically important witness - but we haven’t the slightest idea  what he told the Committee. 

I have a pretty friggin hard time believing there’s an innocent explanation for the disappearance of those records. The INS/Customs investigation triggered by Pena’s testimony was essentially the entire first phase of the Hart-Schweiker investigation, lasting from late November ‘75 to at least mid January ‘76. All we have left is something like half a dozen scattered documents when there should be hundreds if not thousands of pages of investigative reports and testimony.

As pointed out by Malcolm Blunt, the case of Cesar Diosado proves that the CIA used Customs agents as cut-outs. One of the federal agents accused of associating with Oswald along with Roache and DeBruyes was a Customs investigator named David Smith. Another thing pointed out by Blunt is that the only moment in all of DeBrueys’ Church Committee testimony where he stumbled in his obnoxiously articulate rambling was when Paul Wallach mentioned David Smith. Hardly convincing on it’s own but in context it’s a pretty interesting detail, IMO.

The point of this rant is that it’s pretty tough to claim there’s no direct evidence of Oswald being an agent or asset when we know for a fact that the records of an entire government sub-investigation into that exact topic have disappeared, and that at least one federal agent corroborated Oswald’s relationship with David Ferrie, said that Oswald had an office in New Orleans, and basically admitted having an association with Oswald himself. 

Considering all the other New Orleans evidence, and there’s plenty of it, I think that probability very, very strongly favors the idea that Oswald’s FPCC activities were an intelligence operation from start to finish.

Tom G-

I sure hope you author some articles, especially digestible, accessible ones.  Whether or not I agree with you, you certainly know your stuff. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Tom G-

I sure hope you author some articles, especially digestible, accessible ones.  Whether or not I agree with you, you certainly know your stuff. 

Add on:

Senior CIA man Tennent Bagley told researcher Malcom Blunt that LHO was a witting asset in Russia. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Tom G-

Thanks Ben. I have enough for a pretty interesting article on New Orleans but I’ve been swamped with work lately so it’s been tough to find the time and energy to write it. My goal is to get it done by the end of the year. 

On 10/10/2022 at 2:25 AM, Tony Krome said:

The phone call, therefore, was just theatre. The call happened, for the record. 

But you have to go further back, even before the "morning coffee meeting". Without the newly employed Frazier at the TSBD, your "assets" would have no avenue for TSBD employment.

So how did they get Frazier employed?

Tony,

You are asking me for details that are unnecessary.

It's like asking how the shooters got into place for the shooting, because if we don't know the answer to that detail, then we don't really know that Kennedy got shot.

It would be great to know how the gunmen got into place, but it isn't necessary to know that to accept that Kennedy was shot. Likewise it would be great to know how Frazier fit into Oswald's TSBD employment, but it isn't necessary to know that to accept that Oswald had to have been controlled by the plotters.

The only thing that is necessary to accept that Oswald was controlled is the fact that the plotters planned for him to be the patsy. Because the plotters would not have spent all that time and effort planning the murder and painting Oswald as the patsy, on the mere hope that Oswald would by accident show up at the crime scene at the appropriate time.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:36 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

There are solid grounds to believe LHO was a CIA asset, and that he took an easy potshot at General Walker and missed.

What is the evidence for Oswald shooting at Walker?  I've long thought that Walker arranged his own shooting, in an effort to drum up some free publicity.  And he saw an opportunity to get double the results by claiming that Oswald had done it.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, Roger Odisio said:

The mid level CIA mercenaries and Cuban exiles revenge idea misses the main point about the importance of the JFKA.  It was not an isolated incident, not a one time murder, not solely about one man.  It was part of an ideological war by the Dulles brothers and their cohorts immediately after WWII.  Allen Dulles thought the US was on the wrong side during the war.  The Soviet Union was the real enemy.

I think it was Douglass who said that worrying about who pulled the trigger from where was to reduce the assassination to a matter of "there was a guy in a car and another guy shot him." 

The military-industrial-intelligence complex had gotten away with so much abroad, they decided it was time to start picking and choosing presidents.  When they couldn't swing an election (like 1976 and 1992), they had tools at hand to minimize the impact that said president could have on their agenda.  2008 wasn't a problem, the president kept the country neck deep in Iraq and Afghanistan, and was willing to sanction  the murder of US citizens without due process.  2020 and war in the Ukraine and the military-industrial part is making money like never before.

They make me sick.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, Matthew Koch said:

Hi Ben, 

I think there are solid grounds to make the case that Oswald was a CIA, FBI, ONI, and possibly Local Police Informant, Asset, Agent or Operative.

It really is hard for me to wrap my head around Oswald's many possible covert employers.  He goes to Russia either as CIA or ONI.  He works to infiltrate both pro- and anti- Castro operations, almost certainly for the CIA.  His relationship to Hosty is... odd.  And it seems sensible to me to posit that he was working for ATF when he was ordering weapons.  Who was he working for when he took the job at the Depository?  Himself?  That damned second bag in the dead mail office insures that his employment there was not un-intelligence related.  He was there  to take the fall and he thought he was doing something else

On 10/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

It may be that higher-ups leaked the right info to the Miami CIA station crowd regarding LHO....

Hey, just IMHO....

Exactly the thesis of Larry's _Tipping Point._

On 10/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

The problem with the JFKA is there are enough opaque areas that we fill in the blanks with our suppositions. Our suppositions strike ourselves as tremendously insightful and reasonable.  Excellent conjecture!

The next guy reads your supposition and yawns. He has a better supposition. His supposition. 

So it goes....

You must shoot your darlings.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Oh contraire... the Mexico City trip with an Oswald imposter visiting the Cuban Consulate, and the CIA-fabricated story of Oswald meeting with KGB assassinations chief Valeriy Kostikov; partying with Cuban Consulate employee Sylvia Duran; and collecting $6500 earnest money for the assassination from a red-haired negro... that is all evidence of the CIA directing the assassination.

I don't know why there are so many people left who ignore the obvious.

"Here! Hear!" he cried and then banged his empty mug on the table, signalling the barmaid.

On 10/5/2022 at 7:14 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

IMHO: Even if the CIA was running LHO, and suspicions run high...that is not the same a guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Maybe LHO was being run out of the Miami station of the CIA, and higher ups not involved. 

Read Larry's _Tipping Point_.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:00 AM, Nick Bartetzko said:

Gerry Hemming liked to tell stories and at least this one appears plausible. It is a better possibility …imo…. than loosening floorboards and crawling onto the top of an elevator. Hemming also mentioned the importance of controlling the high ground, so this fits with that criteria.

I agree that Hemming was a blowhard.  However, there WERE loose flooring boards on 6th and 7th.  The flooring was being renovated.

On 10/8/2022 at 10:21 AM, Jonathan Cohen said:

Not only is it NOT overwhelming, it's almost entirely based on the same kind of (to put it mildly) strained logic that fuels idiotic theories such as "Harvey & Lee." Show me ONE piece of actual documentary evidence -- not circumstantial evidence -- that indicates Oswald had any professional association with the CIA or that he was somehow "placed" by the CIA at the Texas School Book Depository? And don't bother with nonsense such as James Wilcott's HSCA testimony...

Have you read Newman's _Oswald and the CIA_?

7 hours ago, Tony Rose said:

What is the evidence for Oswald shooting at Walker?  I've long thought that Walker arranged his own shooting, in an effort to drum up some free publicity.  And he saw an opportunity to get double the results by claiming that Oswald had done it.

TR--

OK, this boils down to "how much faking did the FBI do?" 

The photos of the Walker house were found in LHO's possession. OK, they could be faked. 

That is one problem with the JFKA. Everyone chooses which evidence to believe, and then which can be dismissed.

I wrote a story about this event, and my guess is LHO did it, intended to miss, and had accomplices. 

Just IMHO....

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/walker-oswald-and-the-dog-that-didn-t-bark

22 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

TR--

OK, this boils down to "how much faking did the FBI do?" 

The photos of the Walker house were found in LHO's possession. OK, they could be faked. 

That is one problem with the JFKA. Everyone chooses which evidence to believe, and then which can be dismissed.

I wrote a story about this event, and my guess is LHO did it, intended to miss, and had accomplices. 

Just IMHO....

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/walker-oswald-and-the-dog-that-didn-t-bark

I've never bought into Oswald shooting at Walker. Teenage witness said he saw a black vehicle leaving the scene after the shooting.

Edited by Paul Cummings