The Education Forum

Wound of Entry

Gil Jesus

On 10/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, Chuck Schwartz said:

Gil, where do you think the shot(s) that hit JFK's head emanated from (the grassy knoll)?

The head wound in the autopsy photos doesn't match the x-rays, which doesn't match the head wound in the Zapruder film, which doesn't match the head wound that the Dallas doctors saw. Usually, the autopsy answers all questions, like how many shots and from which direction they were fired. But in this case the autopsy does nothing but create more questions than it answers. So from the standpoint of the autopsy being a false representation of how the President was murdered, your guess is as good as mine.

I believe that there's enough evidence to conclude that there was more than one shooter and the President was shot from both the front and the back. There's also evidence to support the Dallas doctors' observation of a large gaping hole in the rear of the head from William Newman, who in a video interview mistakenly described the President's ear flying off, which I believe was the piece of skull which later became the Harper Bone fragment.

There's also enough evidence to support a shot from the right front. Not only is the head moving "left and to the rear", the location of fragments in the President's skull support that theory. Bullet fragments are usually deposited more near the entrance site than the exit. X-rays showed that most of the fragments in the President's skull were on the right side.

Further evidence involves the last-minute changes to the motorcade by the Secret Service at Love Field. General McHugh was removed from the front seat of the limo, the Press were relegated to convertibles further back in the motorcade rather than on a flatbed truck in front of the President's limo and the DPD motorcycle officers were told to remain behind the limo's rear wheels and to hold their positions "no matter what happens". This tells me that the Secret Service knew in advance the positions of the shooters and from which direction the bullets were going to be coming from and made an effort to keep certain people out of the line of fire.

And when the firing did start, Bill Greer slowed the limo down to facilitate the murder of the President. When the shooting started and agents jumped off the follow-up car, Emory Roberts ordered them to stop. No, the Secret Service didn't pull the trigger, but they did everything they could to make sure the attempt was successful.

Now to the picket fence.

The picket fence area offered a good place to shoot and get away. A gunman could shoot, jump into the trunk of one of the cars parked there and be driven out later on. He didn't even have to run. There was an unsubstantiated written letter attributed to Lee Bowers in which he said he saw a Dallas policeman fire from the picket fence. But the person who claimed to have received that letter has never been able to produce it. If there WAS someone firing from that direction, Bowers HAD to have seen it. The closest he ever came to publicly admitting it was that he saw "smoke or flash of light or something peculiar" in that area. His fear to clearly express what he saw is understandable when you consider that witnesses were dying under peculiar circumstances and by 1966 those who were still alive were afraid to some forward with their stories.

Another possibility of a source in the right front comes from the storm drains. Although some didn't produce an immediate escape, they offered the shooters protection from stray bullets. One characteristic a professional assassin needs is patience. Patience to sit tight until dark to make his escape. I've always suspected that the drains at street level especially presented an excellent cover and put the shooters at nearly point blank range to the limo.

SewerManGun.jpg

StormDrainViewLimo.jpg

approaching-storm-drains.jpg

It would not have been a difficult shot from either the south drain or the north drain at street level.

If you look up at your right, you'll see the storm drain where the picket fence connects to the railroad overpass. ( behind the larger tree ) It also provides an excellent firing position for a shot from the right front. It's the location where most of the people ran to after the shooting stopped and where the police were commanded to go to. 

Sewers-16_0000.jpg

The only problem I see with this position are the trees and the road sign. IMO, it doesn't offer much room for error, especially in leading a moving target. In any event, I'm shocked that the storm drains weren't immediately searched by police.

I've never been to Dallas, I'm just going by photos. But others have been there, like Joseph McBride and from his posts he believes that at least one shot was fired from this position. To me it looks like a difficult shot but it's entirely possible.

I don't rule out a shot from the picket fence, but I believe that there were alternatives more beneficial to the shooters than to be standing out in the open where they could be seen.

Edited by Gil Jesus

8 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

Gil, when I went into that storm drain, it had an unobstructed

angle to the area where the limousine was.

Thank you for that clarification. It shall be noted.