The Education Forum

Harry Olsen guarding a ramshackle (?) house

I did not really pay much attention to what he said he was doing at this estate on 8th Str. ("guarding it", WC test.)

That's also about all I can find in the official test. (WC / HSCA) by Olsen and his girlfriend/later wife) 

There are some documents on the couple, but those mostly have to do with tracking them in California in '64 about an insurance claim (?)

And of course the Ruby connection (for both of them), but I'm only referring to this guarding job on the 22nd

But I keep bumping into this "guarding" story, only to find more questions.

Was he on sick-leave OR was he supposed to be doing a desk-job ? Got fired because of this ?

A bunch of different numbers are being mentioned as to the exact location of the estate nr. 421 or 425 (Bill Pulte), 423 or 431 (a Texas researcher)

Some say it was a gambling house (sounds a little more suspicious I guess...).

According William Turner's interview - 1967 - with Olson he called it a "ramshackle" house 

What the heck is a "ramshackle" house ???   From what I can find it's not really a house that needs guarding.  Unless to warn pedestrians when it comes down ...

I realize this is likely not even worth a topic, sorry, but the "ramshackle"-thing just pushed me over the edge for asking... 

People trying to locate the house, while everybody at the DPD probably knew exactly where it was.

I mean, there were all these connections to Ruby, but nobody could find out his exact location on noon the 22nd (not too far from the Tippit shooting either) ??? Please...

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

21 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

I did not really pay much attention to what he said he was doing at this estate on 8th Str. ("guarding it", WC test.)

That's also about all I can find in the official test. (WC / HSCA) by Olsen and his girlfriend/later wife) 

There are some documents on the couple, but those mostly have to do with tracking them in California in '64 about an insurance claim (?)

And of course the Ruby connection (for both of them), but I'm only referring to this guarding job on the 22nd

But I keep bumping into this "guarding" story, only to find more questions.

Was he on sick-leave OR was he supposed to be doing a desk-job ? Got fired because of this ?

A bunch of different numbers are being mentioned as to the exact location of the estate nr. 421 or 425 (Bill Pulte), 423 or 431 (a Texas researcher)

Some say it was a gambling house (sounds a little more suspicious I guess...).

According William Turner's interview - 1967 - with Olson he called it a "ramshackle" house 

What the heck is a "ramshackle" house ???   From what I can find it's not really a house that needs guarding.  Unless to warn pedestrians when it comes down ...

Didn’t the off duty cop have his leg in a plaster cast? Or was that someone else..

1 hour ago, Sean Coleman said:

Didn’t the off duty cop have his leg in a plaster cast? Or was that someone else..

That was Olsen.

That's the one.

Mr SPECTER. Were you able to walk with the cast on your knee?
Mr OLSEN. A little bit, not much.
Mr SPECTER. But you were able to walk well enough to cover those 4 blocks to Kay's house?
Mr OLSEN. Yes. And it swelled after I had walked it, though.

And the garage meeting at Jackson and Field with Ruby/Johnny/Kay...

I still don't know how long that meeting was, or what is was about, plenty of contradictions.

A lot of stuff happening in the shadows (gambling, call-girls,...) and some DPD officers must have known all about it (IMO !)

Probably why a lot of details never surfaced (again IMO). 

PS : and of course there are the usual odd relations, I do not know if this is true, but Olsen was said to have put Ruby in contact with this lady that was the sister of LHO's landlady at some point ?  I have to look this up, just crossed my mind while typing this.   Now, Ruby and the nature of his business would put him in contact with a whole lot of people

20 minutes ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

I still don't know how long that meeting was, or what it was about, plenty of contradictions.

J.P. Do you smell a rat?

Olsen's testimony is just so smelly imo.  & it was to Specter.  It is yet another mystery, just what he was up to on the 22nd & what his meeting with Ruby was about & why he & Kay skipped out of Dallas so quickly.  Was Ruby's phone call to Kay on Fri afternoon traced on his telephone records?  We'll never know the answers.

Edited by Pete Mellor

Jean Paul,  I explore some details that you may not be aware of in regard to Olsen, his "guard" duty and a couple of his friends associates also involved - including one motorcycle officer assigned to the motorcade - in the last section of Tipping Point.  Its a free read on MFF so  you might want to take a look given your interest.

May not have the story straight but didn't Harry Olsen die a bloody death not too long after 11,22,1963. If even a few years after? Thrown or purposely ran through a plate glass door?

And was his wife the Ruby stripper that was found dead...hung by her own stretch pants in her jail cell?

Nothing to all these strange deaths...nothing to see here folks.

Yeah right.

Edited by Joe Bauer

That's another one, a lot of background details on Kay : 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16237#relPageId=34&search=kay_coleman 

I think you were thinking of Nancy Jane Mooney found hanged in her jail cell (gave alibi to Garver, alledg. attacking Warren Reynolds that was a witness to the Tippit shooting).   Horrifying story, she was only 24 years old....:  https://nl.findagrave.com/memorial/28017690/nancy-jane-mooney

The reports on Mooney/Reynolds/Garver :

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh25/pdf/WH25_CE_2589.pdf

Now, I do feel a lot of this doesn't necessarily have to do with the JFKA.

When Ruby "entered" the scene (...) he introduced a large portion of the Dallas underground of drugs, call-girls, weapons, stolen cars, etc.

The Tippit killing however.... well... I'm not there yet....