The Education Forum

Man with walkie talkie on overpass and Ruby's fedora behind the fence 11/22/63

I have 16 men on the Tripple Overpass (this is excluding the 2 uniformed parking lot attendants seen by Bowers closer to the parking lot) 

So... who was the unknow non-uniformed officer that denied acces to Gordon Arnold ?

And who are the 2 men Bowers is mentioning (they were 10 to 15 ft apart and did not seem to know each other) ?  One of these could be the non-uniformed officer ? 

1) dark trousers, middle aged or a little older, fairly heavy set

2) darker dressed, mid-twenties, plaid shirt or plaid coat or jacket

Bowers mentions beside these 2 and the 2 policemen : 1 railroad employee (?), 1 signal man (probably Davis ?), 2 welders (poss. Bishop and ... ?) and 1 labourer's assistent (probably Potter ?)

Hard to conclude anything, but the non-uniformed officer is interesting o/c......

J W Foster

/Dallas Police patrolman on the E-side

/Foster or White denied acces to James Altgens

J C White

/Dallas Police patrolman on the W-side

/Foster or White denied acces to James Altgens

unknown agent ?

/non-uniformed officer

/he denied acces to Gordon Arnold

S M Holland

/had a shop/office at United T.

/testimony April 8, 1964

Austin L Miller

/mail clerk

/testimony April 8, 1964

Frank E Reilly

/70 yo electrician

/testimony April 8, 1964

Royce G Skelton

/mail clerk

/testimony April 8, 1964

Clemon Earl Johnson

/machinist

/testimony March 17, 1964

Ewell William Cowsert

/switchman

George A Davis

/signalman

Nolan H Potter

/hostler's helper

Curtis Freeman Bishop

/hostler (maintenance man)

Richard Calvin Dodd

/track supervisor

Thomas J Murphy

/mail foreman

/testimony March 20, 1964

James L Simmons

/car inspector

Walter Luke Winborn

/switchman

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if one of Bowers observations (like the one with dark trousers, middle aged or a little older, fairly heavy set) was the un-uniformed agent, and perhaps the person in this topics picture, wouldn't he have mentioned he had a hat ?  Bowers observations count for 9 out of the 16.  Looking at the picture a lot of these men left the scene in a hurry ?  

So, probably not all of these 16 were right above Elm. In the next days I will start reading their testimonies, perhaps one of them has something on the un-uniformed agent, or something on a man with a hat.... 

Pat lists these men on his website as well, about half-way this page (chapter 3):

https://sites.google.com/a/patspeer.com/www2/chapter3lookingthrougharlenspecterseye

I have been looking at some of the documents but their testimonies are disappointing...

Most are pretty much identical, and focussing on the shots, nothing on other people standing there. 

But I'll keep looking. 

By 1963, after WWII and Korea Military and CIA communication systems were becoming refined from walkie talkies.  I had a toy one in the mid 60's.  About the size of a hand-held transistor radio with a telescopic "antenna".  Like something off of Get Smart.

There may have well been walkie talkies in DP, DCM, (?) Hicks.  I believe it was all coordinated.  Devices of the time in DP, DCM/Hicks, 6h floor, GK, Overpass, South Knoll, Dal-Tex.  Controlled from the 6th floor?

He said, One.

Throat shot.

Two. Back/Connally/Miss

Three.  Three, Chesser, Mantik, Horne.  Two in the front, one in the back of the head.

Speculation, yes.

However it happened, Hope survives through JFK's messages about it.