The Education Forum

Morley says event is at 9:30 AM, doesn't know why Youtube.com says 12:30PM

Folks,

There's a discrepancy over when the event occurs. Morley has said in two emails to me it's at 9:30 AM.

The Youtube.com link for the live stream indicates 12:30 PM.  I've asked him to contact Youtube.com and see why they say 12:30 PM. But, he might not get back to me with an explanation. And he may be on his way to the event now. Who knows what the morning commute in DC is like these days? Anyway, to play it safe tune in at 9:30 AM.  I hope we can see and hear it live at 9:30 AM.

Thank you,

Joe Backes

1 hour ago, Joseph Backes said:

Folks,

There's a discrepancy over when the event occurs. Morley has said in two emails to me it's at 9:30 AM.

The Youtube.com link for the live stream indicates 12:30 PM.  I've asked him to contact Youtube.com and see why they say 12:30 PM. But, he might not get back to me with an explanation. And he may be on his way to the event now. Who knows what the morning commute in DC is like these days? Anyway, to play it safe tune in at 9:30 AM.  I hope we can see and hear it live at 9:30 AM.

Here in Belgium YouTube announces it for today at 18.30h (6.30 pm) CET (UTC+1)

that matches UTC-5 in Washington DC  at 12.30 pm US eastern time as you say.

Something is wrong indeed... 

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

1 hour ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Here in Belgium YouTube announces it for today at 18.30h (6.30 pm) CET (UTC+1)

that matches UTC-5 in Washington DC  at 12.30 pm US eastern time as you say.

Something is wrong indeed... 

YouTube now showing correct time.

And we're live.

And odd small room with 4 chairs.  Had some audio from tech people for a second.  No one in the room.  An audio technician. This is the wrong room. 

They move to another room and Larry S is already speaking, in mid sentence. Judge Tunheim is there. Rex Bradford is there.  And Jeff Morley.  And a pollster will speak.  Tunheim has barely aged at all.  

More later.