The Education Forum

AI Answers the Question: “Who Killed JFK?”

Lori Spencer

Just for grins, I asked open AI’s amazing new Chat GPT program to answer a few questions on the Kennedy Assassination. This was the computer’s answer: 

Q: “Who killed JFK? And what was their motive?” 

A: The assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963 has been the subject of much debate and speculation. The Warren Commission, which was established by President Lyndon B. Johnson to investigate the assassination, concluded that Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald. However, many people have questioned this conclusion and have proposed alternative theories about who may have been responsible for Kennedy's death and why. Some of these theories implicate other individuals or groups, such as the CIA, the Mafia, or even Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson himself. Ultimately, the true motive for Kennedy's assassination may never be known.

Q: Why won't we discover the truth? 

A: It is possible that the truth about JFK's assassination may never be known for certain. There are several reasons for this. First, the investigation into Kennedy's death was conducted more than 50 years ago, and many key witnesses and pieces of evidence may no longer be available. Second, there has been a great deal of conflicting information and testimony about the assassination, which makes it difficult to determine the truth. Finally, the assassination of JFK is a highly politicized and controversial subject, and some people may have an interest in preventing the truth from coming to light.

Q: When will the government finally release all documents related to the JFK assassination?” 

A: That is unaccessible. 

I apologize if my previous response was not helpful. As a large language model trained by OpenAI, I don't have access to the internet and I am not able to browse or search for information. My responses are based on the information that I was trained on, which has a knowledge cutoff of 2021. I am not able to provide information about events or developments that have occurred since that time.

Thought I would post Chat GPT’s answer here for the experts to weigh in on.

Since this AI program will probably write a lot of term papers, articles, and books on the subject for years to come, what does our human community of JFK scholars think of it? 

If you’re not yet familiar with Chat GPT, here’s a brief tutorial. I’ve been playing with it a lot over the weekend and am pretty amazed at all this AI program can do. (Imagine “writing” a book in a weekend, instead of taking years…) 

Here’s the link to Chat GBT if you’d like to give it a whirl. 

You’ll be amazed at what this AI bot can do. Holy sh*t! 

You need to create a login, then it’s off to the races. Be careful, it’s addictive. I’ve spent hours messing around with it already this weekend. 

Open AI

Edited by Lori Spencer

Was viewing a years ago Richard Belzer talk appearance video recently and he made a statement regarding the question of who killed JFK that was catching imo.

He said maybe the question should be..."who didn't kill Kennedy?"

And he listed the huge list of powerful individual and group JFK haters that would want him dead.

Big Oil. Segregationists. The Mafia. Right wing extremists. Cuban exiles. Rogue intelligence agents. Hard line military leaders and other individual people in high positions whom we all know.

Take your pick!

One can be sure they all celebrated JFK's killing.

10 hours ago, Lori Spencer said:

Just for grins, I asked open AI’s amazing new Chat GPT program to answer a few questions on the Kennedy Assassination. This was the computer’s answer: 

Q: “Who killed JFK? And what was their motive?” 

A: The assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963 has been the subject of much debate and speculation. The Warren Commission, which was established by President Lyndon B. Johnson to investigate the assassination, concluded that Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald. However, many people have questioned this conclusion and have proposed alternative theories about who may have been responsible for Kennedy's death and why. Some of these theories implicate other individuals or groups, such as the CIA, the Mafia, or even Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson himself. Ultimately, the true motive for Kennedy's assassination may never be known.

Q: Why won't we discover the truth? 

A: It is possible that the truth about JFK's assassination may never be known for certain. There are several reasons for this. First, the investigation into Kennedy's death was conducted more than 50 years ago, and many key witnesses and pieces of evidence may no longer be available. Second, there has been a great deal of conflicting information and testimony about the assassination, which makes it difficult to determine the truth. Finally, the assassination of JFK is a highly politicized and controversial subject, and some people may have an interest in preventing the truth from coming to light.

Q: When will the government finally release all documents related to the JFK assassination?” 

A: That is unaccessible. 

I apologize if my previous response was not helpful. As a large language model trained by OpenAI, I don't have access to the internet and I am not able to browse or search for information. My responses are based on the information that I was trained on, which has a knowledge cutoff of 2021. I am not able to provide information about events or developments that have occurred since that time.

Thought I would post Chat GPT’s answer here for the experts to weigh in on.

Since this AI program will probably write a lot of term papers, articles, and books on the subject for years to come, what does our human community of JFK scholars think of it? 

If you’re not yet familiar with Chat GPT, here’s a brief tutorial. I’ve been playing with it a lot over the weekend and am pretty amazed at all this AI program can do. (Imagine “writing” a book in a weekend, instead of taking years…) 

I would expect at least a mention of the HSCA. They found odds-on a conspiracy. 

A chat box question suggestion:

Was Lee Harvey Oswald a "Patsy" as he publicly claimed to the world press?

Edited by Joe Bauer

My understanding is that it is indeed possible for the architects of the AI system to put in blackspots, just like its possible for a google search to throw us up results that are not the most popular or what we are looking for. Lets not forget that Its organisations like the Pentagon/DARPA that lead such fields and fund projects. 

The very neutral results so far could be a reflection of neutrality or, a reflection of all of the press and how they now deal with the JFKA topic.