The Education Forum

DDCI Marshall Carter memo to DCI John McCone on 10/29/62 expressing bitter opposition to JFK’s handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis

Okay, found it.  This is not in the JFK Records Collection.  Don't look for it there. Do not look for it at the Mary Ferrell Foundation website. It does not have a RIF #. This is in the CIA Crest database.  This is something folks should get used to searching. There are many CIA documents in there that are clearly JFK assassination documents and would have been declared as such if the ARRB ever saw them.

See - https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/document/cia-rdp80b01676r001300040058-3

Joe 

that is a good one Joe.

When I first saw the film JFK back in 1991, I had a hard time buying the way the JCS talked about Kennedy with such unmitigated scorn.

But the more I read, its really true.   They really had it out for him.

I found it interesting that Marshall Carter aka Toddhunter was deeply involved in Operation Tilt. I speculate that it was this failed attempt to exfiltrate the four Soviet military officers that lead to more drastic measures to remove JFK from office.

"2/26/64 dispatch from Chief of Station, JMWAVE to Chief, SAS: "...Operation TILT was essentially an operation designed to see if it would be possible to exfiltrate from Cuba four Soviet military officers who had allegedly defected from a Soviet missile site in Banes, Cuba. Operation TILT was not (CIA)-controlled, but it did utilize REDACTED as (CIA's) window into the operation. Operation TILT involved a strange cast of characters and this resulted in the operation following patterns of implementation which are not typical in (CIA)-controlled operations..."

Mongoose - https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=193972#relPageId=2