The Education Forum

JFK takes a shot at right-wing extremists

Gil Jesus

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

Sounds a lot like Kennedy is calling out people such as yourself, who make racist and transphobic statements here such as "God determined that kid's sex. Not a kindergarten teacher, God Almighty. And he doesn't make any mistakes."

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Sounds a lot like Kennedy is calling out people such as yourself, who make racist and transphobic statements here such as "God determined that kid's sex. Not a kindergarten teacher, God Almighty. And he doesn't make any mistakes."

I’ve said this before, but Gil is a retired cop. Is it really that much of a shock that he holds socially conservative views? Like it or not but Gil’s opinion on this is very common in America. If you don’t agree, why don’t you tell him why you think he’s wrong and try to enlighten everyone on trans issues in children instead of just complaining repeatedly about a comment that offended you on an Internet forum?

I’m pretty liberal myself but I believe in free speech and think Gil has the right to say whatever the hell he wants as long as it doesn’t violate the forum rules. If you think Gil knowingly violated the rules report it to the mods and drop it. You inability to do the latter with this one comment might itself be in violation of the forum rules for harassment and taunting.

This forum, and the JFKA research community in general, is not exactly the Mecca of diversity and tolerance. If you want to be the political correctness police you’ll certainly stay busy, but unless you put in the effort to explain why something might be offensive, nothing’s going to change and a lot of people will have no idea what you’re even talking about. 

10 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

If you want to be the political correctness police you’ll certainly stay busy, but unless you put in the effort to explain why something might be offensive, nothing’s going to change and a lot of people will have no idea what you’re even talking about. 

You're actually asking me to "explain why" Gil's comment "might be offensive," as if you yourself can't imagine why someone might think that?

3 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

I’ve said this before, but Gil is a retired cop. Is it really that much of a shock that he holds socially conservative views? Like it or not but Gil’s opinion on this is very common in America. If you don’t agree, why don’t you tell him why you think he’s wrong and try to enlighten everyone on trans issues in children instead of just complaining repeatedly about a comment that offended you on an Internet forum?

I’m pretty liberal myself but I believe in free speech and think Gil has the right to say whatever the hell he wants as long as it doesn’t violate the forum rules. If you think Gil knowingly violated the rules report it to the mods and drop it. You inability to do the latter with this one comment might itself be in violation of the forum rules for harassment and taunting.

This forum, and the JFKA research community in general, is not exactly the Mecca of diversity and tolerance. If you want to be the political correctness police you’ll certainly stay busy, but unless you put in the effort to explain why something might be offensive, nothing’s going to change and a lot of people will have no idea what you’re even talking about. 

Agree.

This is a common theme in society. Another must align with every one of another persons world views, or they must be attacked vociferously. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

JFK said this about abortion "Now, on the question of limiting population: as you know the Japanese have bee doing it very vigorously, through abortion, which I think would be repugnant to all Americans." Trans children didn't exist in the 1960's but I feel very safe to believe that JFK would find your opinion and trans children to be abominable.  

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

You're actually asking me to "explain why" Gil's comment "might be offensive," as if you yourself can't imagine why someone might think that?

Sure I can. My parents on the other hand, who grew up in the 40s/50s and think Ronald Reagan is the best thing that ever happened to America wouldn’t have a clue. 

Not everyone interested in the JFKA is gonna give a crap about social justice or be sensitive to LGBT issues. If someone says something you find offensive it’s on you to explain why you think they’re wrong. Nobody’s gonna censor themselves just because you tell them to, but if you have a valid argument for why they should be delicate with certain topics most people will at least hear what you have to say. That doesn’t mean they’ll agree with you, but you sure as hell won’t change anyone’s perspective by being condescending or complaining. 

24 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

All I did was post a video and I get attacked. LOL.

That's not all you do. You also use a much bigger font than anyone else, making your longer posts rather painful to read.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Gil didn't mention it on this post, only you have.

Since it's the Christmas season maybe you might try forgiving him..