The Education Forum

Stemmons Freeway and the John F. Kennedy Assassination

Speaking of Stemmons, I recently found this HUGE image - IN COLOR to boot - showing both Texas School Book Depository warehouses: the (in)famous one at 411 Elm Street (above the third vehicle from the right) and the less familiar one at 1917 Houston Street (at extreme left), where Buell Wesley Frazier usually parked his car. It's the first color image I've seen of both in the same view. Gives a good sense of distance between the two.

The photo dates to the early 1960s and shows "KRLD News Crews at the Ready."

Click to view, and then right-click to view in a separate tab/hover and hit the (+) icon to view at full size.

Source: https://flashbackdallas.com/2017/10/28/krld-news-crews-at-the-ready/

KRLD News Crews Early 1960s Large.jpg

Edited by Larry Belmont
Added viewing tip.

The pictures are great, some I've never seen before and the story is interesting as well.  E.G. It is Clint Hill's foot.  If the sign was removed by June 1964, but not the Thornton Freeway or Turnpike signs, why?  The Warren Commission was still in session.  Did I read something years ago about a missed shot maybe hitting it?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

The pictures are great, some I've never seen before and the story is interesting as well.  E.G. It is Clint Hill's foot.  If the sign was removed by June 1964, but not the Thornton Freeway or Turnpike signs, why?  The Warren Commission was still in session.  Did I read something years ago about a missed shot maybe hitting it?

It was rumored (and probably true)that the Stemmons Freeway Sign had a bullet hole from the assassination.

That is going to be my best guess.

Researcher Jim Marrs seems to think so.

Edited by Michael Crane