The Education Forum

The Witnesses. Speaker, Brennan and Millican.

Ron Bulman

They all worked for a plumbing company doing work for the new Republic National Bank building.  Spent part lunch on 11/22/63 watching the parade from half way between the overpass and Houston.  Speaker was Brennan and Millican's supervisor.  Brennan we know the official story about. 

Speaker and Millican are persona non grata on google searches.  But they remain in Crossfire, thank goodness.  More details tomorrow, maybe, after football.

Millican's statement to Speaker is incriminating.       

Edited by Ron Bulman

From Crossfire.

Sandy Speaker, the supervisor of Warren Commission star witness Howard Brennan, would not discuss the assassination until recently, after getting a phone call from his friend and co-worker A. J. Millican.  Speaker said he got a call from Millican early in 1964.  Millican was almost in tears and told him never to talk about the assassination.  Millican said he had just received an anonymous call threatening not only his life, but the lives of his wife and her sister.  He said the caller told him to warn Speaker to keep his mouth shut.

Recently Speaker told this author:

That call really shook me up because Millican was a former boxing champ of the Pacific fleet.  He was a scrapper, a fighter.  But he was obviously scared to death.  And I still don't understand how they got my name because I was never interviewed by the FBI, the Secret Service, the police or anyone.  They must be pretty powerful to have found out about me.

Millican reported hearing eight shots.  If he was boxing champ of the Pacific fleet one would think he would be familiar with the sound of gunfire from his military training even if he wasn't in combat.

A. J. Millican (jfk-assassination.net)

Speaker's comments on Brennan are interesting as well.  

“They took Brennan off for about three weeks. I don’t know if it was
the SS or the FBI, but they were federal people. He came back a nervous
wreck"

Gerald Ford told another bold-faced lie (narkive.com)

Thanks Ron... was not aware of SPEAKER or the call...

Millican sounds so nonchalant

" A man standing on the South side of Elm Street, was either hit in the foot, or the ankle and fell down. And then I went back to work."

Do we see Brennan look up to his left?  And somehow he sees the person but not the scope directly in front of his face...

And SORRELLS of the SS with him to boot....   Cinque gets all crazy about FORD citing Brennan's comment about "light colored clothing"... wasn't FORD lying, but Brennan.

FWIW... DJ

Edited by David Josephs

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/ayton-mel-and-david-von-pein-beyond-reasonable-doubt

Martin Hay: (about halfway thru the article)

It has also been suggested that Brennan, like a number of other witnesses, was pressured into changing his story. His job foreman, Sandy Speaker, told author Jim Marrs, "They took [Brennan] off for about three weeks. I don't know if they were Secret Service or FBI, but they were federal people. He came back a nervous wreck and within a year his hair had turned snow white. He wouldn't talk about [the assassination] after that. He was scared to death. They made him say what they wanted him to say." (Marrs, Crossfire, p. 26) Whether Speaker's story is true or not, it is interesting to note that years later Brennan refused to cooperate with the HSCA.

When House Select Committee staff first contacted him, it was with the idea of talking quietly with him at his home in Texas. But, according to an outside contact report dated March 13, 1978, Brennan "stated that the only way he will talk to anyone from this Committee, is if he is subpoenaed." A month later the Committee asked him to reconsider and, when he refused, informed him that he would be subpoenaed to testify before the committee on May 2. Brennan wasted no time in informing the Committee staff that he "would not come to Washington and that he would fight any subpoena. And, in fact, Brennan was belligerent about not testifying. He stated that he would avoid any subpoena by getting his doctor to state that it would be bad for his health to testify about the assassination. He further told me that even if he was forced to come to Washington he would simply not testify if he didn't want to." (HSCA contact report, 4/20/78, Record No. 180-10068-10381) Between May 15 and May 19, 1978, 11 attempts were made to present Brennan with previous statements he had made which were finally left with him on May 19. But when Committee staff returned a few days later to collect the form asserting that his previous statements were correct, a very odd lacuna appeared in the record. It was discovered that Brennan had refused to sign the form. The HSCA went as far as granting Brennan immunity from prosecution, but he would not budge.

Brennan heard 2 shots -- he did not see any discharge(s) -- we know from his wordage that Oswald had stood up when Hickey fired his auto burst.

And, there is nothing in any of Brennan's wordage that would obviously directly contradict the WC -- nothing that he had already said, nothing that he said later, & nothing that he could possibly have said -- END OF STORY -- except that i have not read his book (praps he did contradict the WC in his book)(but that would be contra to everything that he was already on record as saying) -- hmmmm, did he ever expand on the saga of the line-up where he i think fingered Oswald.

2 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

Brennan heard 2 shots -- he did not see any discharge(s) -- we know from his wordage that Oswald had stood up when Hickey fired his auto burst.

And, there is nothing in any of Brennan's wordage that would obviously directly contradict the WC -- nothing that he had already said, nothing that he said later, & nothing that he could possibly have said -- END OF STORY -- except that i have not read his book (praps he did contradict the WC in his book)(but that would be contra to everything that he was already on record as saying) -- hmmmm, did he ever expand on the saga of the line-up where he i think fingered Oswald.

Please do not pollute this forum with these posts...  HICKEY nor OSWALD had anything to do with JFK's death... btw, the WCR is a load of cr@p, and proven so.

Reminds me of a song lyric:  You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know...

:up

40 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Please do not pollute this forum with these posts...  HICKEY nor OSWALD had anything to do with JFK's death... btw, the WCR is a load of cr@p, and proven so.

Thank you David.🤐

Here's another quote of Speaker, from page 28 of Crossfire, 2nd edition.

"I hadn't gotten there when [the motorcade] passed.  I was less than a half-block away and heard the shots.  I heard at least five shots, and they came from different directions.  I was a combat Marine with the First Marine Division in Worl War II, hand-to-hand combat, missions behind enemy lines, and I know what I am talking about.  I've said for years there were more than three shots fired."

5 hours ago, David Josephs said:

The WCR was of course a coverup. My  wordage was meant to say that the WC & Co did not have anything to fear from Brennan (or did they).

This forum is about the same as others -- full of LNers & CTers -- the Hickeyists like myself left years ago. I stick around from time to time koz i find that the irrelevant peripheral stuff is often interesting -- & some of it surprizingly affects my Hickey theory (i mean my version of the Hickey theory).

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Here's another quote of Speaker, from page 28 of Crossfire, 2nd edition.

"I hadn't gotten there when [the motorcade] passed.  I was less than a half-block away and heard the shots.  I heard at least five shots, and they came from different directions.  I was a combat Marine with the First Marine Division in Worl War II, hand-to-hand combat, missions behind enemy lines, and I know what I am talking about.  I've said for years there were more than three shots fired."

Bump.