The Education Forum

Witness Bob Edwards 20 Minutes After the Shots

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Sorry, but I couldn't hear anything well enough to understand this witness's take.

Could you explain the story?

Edwards was one of those who reported seeing a man in the sixth floor window. Here he is walking over to the TSBD shortly after the shots. He confirmed to the reporter that this was where he saw the shooter. 

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Sorry, but I couldn't hear anything well enough to understand this witness's take.

Could you explain the story?

Hey Joe. Edwards stated on 11-22-1963 that the man he observed was on the fifth floor. He also stated the window in question was "wide open all the way." This supports his observation that the man he saw was on the fifth floor, not the sixth floor. We know that sixth floor window was definitively not "wide open all the way", but the fifth floor window was indeed. Nevertheless, he later changed his story to the sixth floor. You can read his DCS statement, an FBI report, and his Warren Commission testimony here: https://tangodown63.com/robert-edwards-statements/

Edited by Greg Wagner

2 hours ago, Greg Wagner said:

Hey Joe. Edwards stated on 11-22-1963 that the man he observed was on the fifth floor. He also stated the window in question was "wide open all the way." This supports his observation that the man he saw was on the fifth floor, not the sixth floor. We know that sixth floor window was definitively not "wide open all the way", but the fifth floor window was indeed. Nevertheless, he later changed his story to the sixth floor. You can read his DCS statement, an FBI report, and his Warren Commission testimony here: https://tangodown63.com/robert-edwards-statements/

It's true, he said fifth floor, but he must have been counting in a hurry. It's obvious he was describing a man in the sixth floor window. The men on the fifth floor were wearing dark clothing as I recall and they were most certainly not surrounded by stacks of books. And, oh yeah, they were dark-skinned, something he would have noticed, and mentioned. 

Robert Edwards (11-22-63 statement to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department, 19H 473, 19H647) “Today, November 22nd, 1963, I was with Ronald Fischer, and we were on the corner at Elm and Houston, and I happened to look up there at the building, the Texas School Book Depository Building, and I saw a man at the window on the fifth floor, the window was wide open all the way; there was a stack of boxes around him, I could see. Bob remarked that he must be hiding from somebody. I noticed that he had on a sport shirt, it was light colored, it was yellow or white, something to that effect, and his hair was rather short; I thought he might be something around twenty-six, as near as I could tell. The motorcade rounded the corner at this time, and then I thought I heard four shots, but it never occurred to us what it was. The shots seemed to come from that building there.”