The Education Forum

JFK Revisisted, book review by Paul Bleau

Not my idea at all.  Paul belatedly read it and insisted on reviewing it.

He was struck by the stuff THAT DID NOT MAKE IT INTO  THE FILM.

That is the interview transcripts that make up half the book.  He is correct on that, we could have gone at least six hours with very strong material.  Wish we had used Henry Lee more.  And that is just one example.  You will see why. Among many others.

Thanks Paul.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/jfk-revisited-through-the-looking-glass-book-review

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Not my idea at all.  Paul belatedly read it and insisted on reviewing it.

He was struck by the stuff THAT DID NOT MAKE IT INTO  THE FILM.

That is the interview transcripts that make up half the book.  He is correct on that, we could have gone at least six hours with very strong material.  Wish we had used Henry Lee more.  And that is just one example.  You will see why. Among many others.

Thanks Paul.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/jfk-revisited-through-the-looking-glass-book-review

Any chance of talking Oliver Stone into doing a six- or eight-hour version so as to include more material?

And if this happens, how about letting me revise the segment on the Vietnam War?! 🙂 

Edited by Michael Griffith

3 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Any chance of talking Oliver Stone into doing a six- or eight-hour version so as to include more material?

And if this happens, how about letting me revise the segment on the Vietnam War?! 🙂

😀Ha!  Like a dog with a bone Michael.

Very good review.

Talbot's comment - 

In reality, Allen Dulles recovers very quickly (after being dismissed by Kennedy). He retreats to his home in Georgetown and he begins basically to set up a government in exile there…. So, people like Richard Helms, James Angleton still feel they are part of the Allen Dulles circle. Dulles is not only seeing his old CIA lieutenants, but generals, admirals, the national security network.

How has this been confirmed? Is it documented somewhere, or has that info been gathered from other people's testimony?