The Education Forum

Biden Discussion Thread

Mark Knight

I have begun this Biden discussion thread because there has been a request for one on the JFK Assassination Forum. 

Since Biden's presidency is only peripherally connected to the JFK assassination, via the JFK Records Act, any discussion of Biden's presidency belongs HERE, in the Political Discussions area of The Education Forum.

Ladies and gentlemen, you have your spot. Fire away!

This spot is so empty and roomy!

Like Biden's head!

J/K because, while Bernie was my candidate in 2020, and what happened in the primary was curious, I did pull the lever for Biden in the general. He's been hit or miss. But a lot better than I expected. This oil oil drilling deal he's allowing to go forward on Alaska's North Slope pains me. But, it's been scaled back. And Alaskans are for it.

Environmental advocates said over the weekend that the tradeoff — allowing the massive Willow oil project to move forward while protecting up to 16 million acres of land in the Arctic — wasn't worth it.

"These unparalleled protections for Alaskan landscapes and waters are the right decision at the right time, and we thank the Biden Administration for taking this significant step," the Sierra Club's lands protection program director Athan Manuel said in a statement on Sunday.

"However, the benefits of these protections can be undone just as quickly by approval of oil and gas projects on public lands, and right now, no proposal poses a bigger threat to lands, wildlife, communities, and our climate than ConocoPhillips' Willow project," Manuel added.

Biden has essentially proposed deep-sixing the JFK Records in perpetuity. 

1. Why would he do that?

2. What does that say about the power of the Deep State over Biden?

3. Is Biden beholden to the Deep State in his full range of foreign trade and military policies? 

4. What does say about American democracy? 

How many times has our bloviating MAGA spammer and Daily Caller scholar, Ben Cole, started threads and posts on the EF bashing Biden for pulling a Donald Trump and declining to release the JFK records?

Where was Tucker Carlson in October of 2017 when Trump blocked the release of the JFK records, on their due date for release?  Fox was Trump's Ministry of Propaganda at the time.

Meanwhile Ben has persistently denied Trump's J6 coup attempt and multi-decade enmeshment with Putin's oligarchs, while insisting that Donks are no different than Phants, etc., etc., etc.

In any case, I'm glad that Ben now has his own MAGA Biden-bashing bloviation thread.

Hopefully, he won't muck up our Trump thread the way he mucked up our 56 Years thread.

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Biden has essentially proposed deep-sixing the JFK Records in perpetuity. 

1. Why would he do that?

3. Is Biden beholden to the Deep State in his full range of foreign trade and military policies? 

4. What does say about American democracy? 

Would that be the same power held over Trump? presuming Napolitano is telling the truth that Trump was FEARFUL to release the entirety of the records when the ACT kicked in on his watch?  What pray tell might be the power over Biden if not FEAR?

You obviously didn't read the post that defines Trump's very own alternative deep state represented by QAnon favorite Kash Patel with decades of service in Intelligence, alt-right Richard Grenell embedded in the State Department and acting director of Trump's National Intel, Erik Prince - head of a private mercenary with little if any Congressional oversight, Tucker Carlson - Murdoch's front man for his own private, alternative deep state media conglomerate.   

I suggest you don't actually understand the term deep state because it has been coopted by Trump and his following to distort and distract from the Military - Industrial Complex, the latter of which is supported by US investors that just may include Trump's major backers.  Has anyone delved into Thiel's or Musk's, or Leonard's investments in military contractors?

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

How many times has our bloviating MAGA spammer and Daily Caller scholar, Ben Cole, started threads and posts on the EF bashing Biden for pulling a Donald Trump and declining to release the JFK records?

Where was Tucker Carlson in October of 2017 when Trump blocked the release of the JFK records, on their due date for release?  Fox was Trump's Ministry of Propaganda at the time.

Meanwhile Ben has persistently denied Trump's J6 coup attempt and multi-decade enmeshment with Putin's oligarchs, while insisting that Donks are no different than Phants, etc., etc., etc.

In any case, I'm glad that Ben now has his own MAGA Biden-bashing bloviation thread.

Hopefully, he won't muck up our Trump thread the way he mucked up our 56 Years thread.

The topic here is why did Biden deep-six the JFK Records in perpetuity, and does the "Deep State"---the globalists, multinationals-defense complex---have similar influence over the full range of BidenAdministration foreign, military and trade policies. 

Biden is president now, and worth civil discussion.  Can you contribute? 

I am not a Trump supporter or "MAGA" (whatever that means), but even if I were, you should enter into civil conversation. 

Is examination of Biden policies (he has been President for two years+) forbidden among Biden supporters? 

4 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Would that be the same power held over Trump? presuming Napolitano is telling the truth that Trump was FEARFUL to release the entirety of the records when the ACT kicked in on his watch?  What pray tell might be the power over Biden if not FEAR?

You obviously didn't read the post that defines Trump's very own alternative deep state represented by QAnon favorite Kash Patel with decades of service in Intelligence, alt-right Richard Grenell embedded in the State Department and acting director of Trump's National Intel, Erik Prince - head of a private mercenary with little if any Congressional oversight, Tucker Carlson - Murdoch's front man for his own private, alternative deep state media conglomerate.   

I suggest you don't actually understand the term deep state because it has been coopted by Trump and his following to distort and distract from the Military - Industrial Complex, the latter of which is supported by US investors that just may include Trump's major backers.  Has anyone delved into Thiel's or Musk's, or Leonard's investments in military contractors?

LS--

I value your contributions...but this thread is about our President presently, Biden. 

Surely, Biden is worth examination. 

Trump may have flaws, and they are explored in (sometimes puerile) detail in nearby threads more or less devoted to that topic. You have entire threads and much company devoted the Trump. Go for it! I encourage you to contribute to those threads. 

I hope herein to have civil, independent discussions about Biden, and Biden Administration policies. 

Can you use the same critical mind to examine Bien that you use to examine Trump? 

"Whataboutisms"...are not really needed. 

If Biden is beholden to the Deep State...then that is the story for this thread. 

19 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

LS--

I value your contributions...but this thread is about our President presently, Biden. 

Surely, Biden is worth examination. 

Trump may have flaws, and they are explored in (sometimes puerile) detail in nearby threads more or less devoted to that topic. You have entire threads and much company devoted the Trump. Go for it! I encourage you to contribute to those threads. 

I hope herein to have civil, independent discussions about Biden, and Biden Administration policies. 

Can you use the same critical mind to examine Bien that you use to examine Trump? 

"Whataboutisms"...are not really needed. 

If Biden is beholden to the Deep State...then that is the story for this thread. 

Pointing out the flaws in your argument requires a comparison.

Just now, Leslie Sharp said:

Pointing out the flaws in your argument requires a comparison.

LS--

Is your position that Biden is not beholden to the Deep State?

Then why did he effectively deep-six the JFK Records in perpetuity? 

I look forward to your contributions, but I request you stay on topic within this thread.

Trump may be the worst man that ever lived...but Biden is President now, and deep-sixing the JFK Records....

10 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

LS--

Is your position that Biden is not beholden to the Deep State?

Then why did he effectively deep-six the JFK Records in perpetuity? 

I look forward to your contributions, but I request you stay on topic within this thread.

Trump may be the worst man that ever lived...but Biden is President now, and deep-sixing the JFK Records....

Trump had the opportunity to release the entirety, and he didn't.  Biden is being advised - perhaps for similar reasons - to withhold certain records for national security.  I'm opposed on principle alone, btw.  You asked why I think Biden may have deep-sixed the records in perpetuity, and I'm saying that he's possibly doing so for the very same reasons Trump kicked the can down the road.  You can't intimidate me to leave references to Trump out of the equation because we are discussing the presidency in context of the Records Act.  Trump made a promise, not Biden.  Trump reneged.  Take your issue with me to the moderators, please.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

8 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Trump had the opportunity to release the entirety, and he didn't.  Biden is being advised - perhaps for similar reasons - to withhold certain records for national security.  I'm opposed on principle alone, btw.  You asked why I think Biden may have deep-sixed the records in perpetuity, and I'm saying that he's possibly doing so for the very same reasons Trump kicked the can down the road.  You can't intimidate me to leave references to Trump out of the equation because we are discussing the presidency in context of the Records Act.  Trump made a promise, not Biden.  Trump reneged.  Take your issue with me to the moderators, please.

I am happy to have your contributions, but I wish you would stay on topic.

I will not go to the moderators.  I do not believe in censorship, even in this teeny-weeny corner of a small nook on the internet....

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I am happy to have your contributions, but I wish you would stay on topic.

I will not go to the moderators.  I do not believe in censorship, even in this teeny-weeny corner of a small nook on the internet....

You seem to delight in the possibility that no one actually reads Ed Forum.  Why is that, Ben?
Back on topic, Biden as president. I presume you're not speaking of Biden the civilian, nor am I speaking of Trump the civilian, but Trump the 45th US President when the Records Act came due. The  Act directs the office not the individual.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

3 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

You seem to delight in the possibility that no one actually reads Ed Forum.  Why is that, Ben?
Back on topic, Biden as president. I presume you're not speaking of Biden the civilian, nor am I speaking of Trump the civilian, but Trump the 45th US President when the Records Act came due. The  Act directs the office not the individual.

I am hoping forum members will realize that we need a bigger tent, and will be civil to people of all political stripes. 

Suppose someone is a Trump voter, and they read much of the commentary herein EF-JFK? They will be averse to becoming active in the EF-JFK. We will have lost a reader and possible supporter. And we do not have enough to spare!

What happened in the JFKA is everybody's business--right or left blue or red, or other. All should be welcome.

Thankfully, the moderators have sidelined the Trump and Biden threads. In fact, this thread is buried so deep I wonder how you found it. 

Good luck out there LS. I wish you the best of success. We can conclude our conversations, with your permission. 

15 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I am hoping forum members will realize that we need a bigger tent, and will be civil to people of all political stripes. 

Suppose someone is a Trump voter, and they read much of the commentary herein EF-JFK? They will be averse to becoming active in the EF-JFK. We will have lost a reader and possible supporter. And we do not have enough to spare!

What happened in the JFKA is everybody's business--right or left blue or red, or other. All should be welcome.

Thankfully, the moderators have sidelined the Trump and Biden threads. In fact, this thread is buried so deep I wonder how you found it. 

Good luck out there LS. I wish you the best of success. We can conclude our conversations, with your permission. 

I submit that Trump voters know nothing of President Kennedy's policies, and any who happened to be informed would be opposed on principle.  Exploitation of the assassination of Kennedy in Dallas to advance hatred of government in general — Trump's modus operandi from the outset — is obnoxious.  MAGA has no place on an assassination forum, in my opinion.

Thanks for the chats.  I wish you no ill will.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

28 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

I submit that Trump voters know nothing of President Kennedy's policies, and any who happened to be informed would be opposed on principle.  Exploitation of the assassination of Kennedy in Dallas to advance hatred of government in general — Trump's modus operandi from the outset — is obnoxious.  MAGA has no place on an assassination forum, in my opinion.

Thanks for the chats.  I wish you no ill will.

You may be right about the bulk of Trump voters---and Biden voters, for that matter. 

Are Biden voters opposed to gimlet-eyed examination of the Deep State in current context? 

In any event, I invite all political stripes to examine the JFKA, and we can learn together. 

BTW, my last vote was for Obama, his first time around. After that, I gave up. 

Good luck out there LS. We all need it.