The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Kirk,

Reading this article reminded me of Michael Cohen's claim that Trump viewed his 2016 Presidential campaign as an "infomercial for the Trump Organization."

Everything Trump did politically was motivated by greed, kick backs, and self-aggrandizement.

Trump was interviewed by Maria Bartiromo on Fox after signing his December 2017 tax cut bill, and he openly bragged that he had "made a lot of people richer."

"I just repeated what I was told': Court filings claim Giuliani didn't vet allegations he made about election fraud
By Adam Nichols July 13, 2023,
https://www.rawstory.com/giuliani-fraud/
In it, he said that didn’t check evidence before he claimed that one of the plaintiffs had been arrested in the past and had a history of voter fraud.
a claim he made that Freeman had an arrest record and a history of voter fraud.
“You didn’t think it was important to do that before you accused them of having a criminal background?” the lawyer asked. He said his client had no arrest record.
“I just repeated what I was told,” Giuliani replied.

And to think of how many peoples' lives have been destroyed by these people...

Steve Thomas

Katie Porter is running for Senate from California. But unfortunately she's running  against Adam Schiff whose had a number of great moments, among which was predicting Trump would be back for impeachment or indicted for high crimes and the Magas and I remember Jim Di once said that RK Jr. both hate him! Which is a good enough endorsement for me.

But watch how Katie Porter takes on the Defense industry here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1679549079875887107

Kremlin News Stars Unravel in Post-Mutiny Television Fiasco

By Julia Davis Jul. 12, 2023

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-state-media-unravels-in-aftermath-of-yevgeny-prigozhins-mutiny

Even the most seasoned Kremlin propagandists had a hard time with the dizzying descent: from glorifying the “heroic deeds” of Prigozhin’s brutal fighters and his role in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to portraying the Wagnerites and their leader as a bunch of convicts and unsavory characters.

One of Prigozhin’s main cheerleaders, host Vladimir Solovyov, went from praising the Wagnerites and participating in the filming of their commercials, to complaining that it took them over 200 days to take Bakhmut.

After the Kremlin’s revelation that President Putin met with Prigozhin just days after the failed mutiny, Solovyov again changed course at breakneck speed. During Monday’s broadcast of The Evening With Vladimir Solovyov, the host alleged that the group’s undisclosed location—(most of them are not eager to sign up for regular military service)—is all a part of Putin’s ingenious plan.

It must be hard to lie for a living. The script keeps changing.

Steve Thomas

Trump asks top Georgia court to disqualify election probe prosecutor and toss grand jury report

By KATE BRUMBACK July 14, 2023

https://apnews.com/article/trump-georgia-election-investigation-2020-willis-d625354d03e871306c44ff386f1ff88e

ATLANTA (AP) — Lawyers for former President Donald Trump are asking Georgia’s highest court to prevent the district attorney who has been investigating his actions in the wake of the 2020 election from prosecuting him and to throw out a special grand jury report that is part of the inquiry.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has been investigating since early 2021 whether Trump and his allies broke any laws as they tried to overturn his narrow election loss in Georgia to Democrat Joe Biden. She has suggested that she is likely to seek charges in the case from a grand jury next month.

Trump’s Georgia legal team on Friday filed similar petitions in the Georgia Supreme Court and Fulton County Superior Court naming Willis and Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who oversaw the special grand jury, as respondents. A spokesperson for Willis declined to comment. McBurney did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

“Even in an extraordinarily novel case of national significance, one would expect matters to take their normal procedural course within a reasonable time,” the filings say. “But nothing about these processes have been normal or reasonable. And the all-but-unavoidable conclusion is that the anomalies below are because Petitioner is President Donald J. Trump.”

The petitions seek to bar Willis and her office from continuing to prosecute the case. It also asks that the report produced by the special grand jury that had been seated in the case be tossed out and that prosecutors be prevented from presenting any evidence from the panel’s investigation to a regular grand jury.

Good work if you can get it.

(Should we tell his lawyers that Trump isn't President?)

Steve Thomas